Switch Presentation Event Betting Special!

• There are a metric ass ton of double jumps in the Arms trailer that was shown in the presentation. And sadly I don't remember when but I think one of the translators said "which" at some point.

• @Brandon_Reister yeah I was just listening to Kyle and Blood talk about the Switch and they mentioned that. I don't know how I completely overlooked that. I was also trying hard to listen to anyone saying which but I found it difficult because I always ended up just listening to the event generally

@TheHashtag0nist is in a good spot right now but we'll see how things shake out with the official EZA results. Hopefully we'll get that video this week?

• Official REZULTZ

Youtube Video

• That was quite the ride. Bosman's silly ruleset actually worked out nicely.

• I want Blood to win at E3 and officially declare that EZA should now be referred to as the Freezy Allies.

• @Nesnomis Watching it now. I'll update my sheet (found here).

Official EZA Switch Event Bet Results
    Simple Bets:

• Will the word "Metroid" be spoken? No
    • Will Wario reveal himself? Yes (Seen on a minimap in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gameplay. The Judge said the question did not clarify to what extent he must be revealed, so a sprite on a minimap is enough)
    • Will the phrase "You're a kid now, you're a squid now" reveal itself? No
    • Will Wave Race be shown in any form? No
      *Will Waluigi speak? (This includes grunts, laughs, etc.) No (He was seen riding a kart but the Judge did not hear him speak with audible voice or text on screen)
      *Will Link reveal HERSELF? No

Dirty Bets:

• How many Rupees will we see? 0
    • How many Fire Flowers will appear? 10ish (Icons in the scrolling item box window count, but apparently only once per box according to the Judge)
    • How many Switch games shown will star Mario? 2 (Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
    • How many Double Jumps? 9-11 (Ribbon Girl from Arms double jumps)
    • How many Switch clicks will we hear during the presentation? 10 (the clarification from Brand Manager was it had to be paired with the Switch logo)
    • How many times will the phrase "Make the Switch" be said? 0

Double Down on Don:
    *How many times will a word be spoken out loud that rhymes with the word "Switch"? 14 (which, pitch, rich, which. However, the Judge has stated that switch rhymes with Switch as long as its not a proper noun so there is an additional 10 rhymes)

FINAL BETS:

• What will be the US retail price of the Switch (Price of lowest SKU)? $299.99

Does anyone have thoughts on how many double jumps or fire flowers there were, defined by the EZA Judge? I only counted 6 double jumps myself, but Kyle said 9-11. I also did not see 10 fire flowers. Should we just say 10 is the answer for both, because they said 10ish and 10 is the midpoint of 9-11?

• @Tragosaurus as they said on the video, Kyle count the fire inside the MarioKart Item Box, he counted them on slow. i'll not watch it to prove it, but i believe in Kyle.

Awesome betting @TheHashtag0nist and @Tragosaurus for the tied match, now will you stay with that result or you will have something to be the tie breaker?

• @holy_angel_mx Yeah the problem is the number for fire flowers he came up with was "10ish". He also came up with "9 to 11" double jumps. I'm fine with saying 10 as the number of fire flowers, seeing as the closest bet out of everyone here was 5. I'm also fine with saying 10 as the double jump count. @Doctor-Professor and yourself actually said 10 so take 2 points! I'll make another post or put some kind of marking on the spreadsheet when I get around to finalizing it.

So I didn't include the two Dirty Bets that were in question, but I don't think @TheHashtag0nist or myself were close to the suspected answers anyway. I also don't think anyone who would get the points for those two bets would catch up to us. I'll go and update the spreadsheet and make sure the totals are correct eventually. As far as a tie breaker goes I don't know. My gut reaction is to say we tie and in the future if we do this again we should come up with a tie breaker. An easy breaker would have been who was closest to the price, but we had the same bet so that doesn't help.

I really enjoyed being a part of a betting special in a little way. Bring on E3!

• The ruling that switch rhymes with switch is a bad ruling IMO. Oh well

• The human element of refereeing is a part of the game!

I'm happy with my 8 score. Price really screwed me though. Rock paper scissors and amiibo sensors must be really expensive.

• @ACardAttack Agreed. The word switch does not rhyme with Switch.

• Results are in and the EZA Forums Champion(s) for the Nintendo Switch Presentation Event 2017 goes to:
    Tragosaurus & @TheHashtag0nist
    ...with a tied score of 10.

The next highest with a score of 9 was @kin. Kin was a dreamer and nobody can fault you on that.

There were seven competitors with a score of 8, all of which lost points for thinking the Switch would cost less.

Shoutout to @holy_angel_mx for getting the most Dirty Bet points with 3/6 bets scored.
    Another shoutout to @Brandon_Reister, @DisturbedSwan, @Oscillator and @Whiskeyjack for getting the Double Down on Don points.

Good betting everybody! I look forward to the next betting special.

• Thanks for making the spread sheet mang.

• Also, being a published author and mid 90's rap aficionado, I can verify that historically in both poetry and lyrics, a word can indeed rhyme with itself. I cite Edward Lear - who popularized the style of rhyming poetry called a Limerick, John Lennon - of the Beatles, and Kanye West -self proclaimed greatest everything of all time.

It's pretty common. :)

• @Tragosaurus I'LL SEE YOU AT E3 SUCKA

• Awesome job on this!
    That was fun!

We should have a bet off for real at E3

• @TheHashtag0nist WILL CRY WHEN THE SUN SETS OVER E3! YOU WON'T SURVIVE! YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL! YOU WON'T HAVE A SINGLE POINT! YOU ARE SCUM. WHEN THE SUN RISES OVER LOS ANGELES THE CARDS WILL FALL IN MY FAVOR AND I WILL BE THE BETTING CHAMPION!

• @TheHashtag0nist Yeah we definitely should. I'm not sure what the best way to do one besides this is since we have a lot more people than The Nine, but we have plenty of time to come up with something.

• @Tragosaurus WHEN THE SUN SETS OVER E3, I'LL JUST BET IN THE SHADE!
    THE ONLY THING THAT WILL FALL IN YOUR FAVOR ARE YOUR OWN SALTY TEARS

• Created an account just to get my two cents in on the rhyming 'switch' debacle.

Rhyming Switch with switch is incredibly shady. Using a dictionary definition is fine and all, but of those involved with this shady bet, I highly doubt that Don or ANYONE on the panel considered the word 'switch' to be a valid rhyme to the word 'SWITCH'. Don stated examples of what he wanted to hear and everyone made their bets accordingly.

Thus...

I suggest Judge Damiani to reconsider and follow the precedent set by Judge Ellis in the Kyle Bosman trial. If all parties had mutually the same interpretation of what it means to 'rhyme', then the bet and result should reflect this whether or not the dictionary definition states otherwise. This is contract law.

Of course, I doubt Judge Damiani will read this. And I doubt Cold Blooded will relinquish his title easily. However, it should be made clear, these sort of shenanigans would not have passed in the old days.

#NotMyEra