Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• Updated with Episode 12 for June 8, 2016!

• I love long podcast. That is pretty much all I wanted to say :)

• Blood had mentioned that one hour and fifteen minutes was a perfect length, but I've got to disagree. I love a nice, chunky podcast with the Allies.

This last one was great. The hype was palpable. I can't wait for all the E3 discussions next week.

Hyped!

• @matteroffact The only reason I mentioned it was because people actually complained about the length on Youtube and Neogaf.

• @Farsendor

I will agree to liking a longer podcast. I know the show is roughly the same at GT Time, but it feels quite a bit shorter, maybe since more time is dedicated to Love/Respect and Podcast halftime.

Kyle, I have no problem with the longer podcasts. And Ben, make Frame Trap even longer if you can, haha. Or at least don't feel obligated to cut it short if the conversation with flowing, that's for both Ben and Kyle.

• @Lexad said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Farsendor

I will agree to liking a longer podcast. I know the show is roughly the same at GT Time, but it feels quite a bit shorter, maybe since more time is dedicated to Love/Respect and Podcast halftime.

Kyle, I have no problem with the longer podcasts. And Ben, make Frame Trap even longer if you can, haha. Or at least don't feel obligated to cut it short if the conversation with flowing, that's for both Ben and Kyle.

Podcast still has to flow nicely or it would be too drawn out. I think if it is flowing good everyone seems to be on the same page then try to make it a long one.This is just opinion though i'm a fan of the show either way.

• I think the perfect length is about an hour and a half. Not too short, not too long. But when there's something big on the horizon like E3 it makes sense to beef it up, and when there's nothing interesting to talk about it's fine if the podcast is just an hour long.

• @Farsendor said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Lexad said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Farsendor

Podcast still has to flow nicely or it would be too drawn out. I think if it is flowing good everyone seems to be on the same page then try to make it a long one.This is just opinion though i'm a fan of the show either way.

What I meant to say is that don't stop it at 1:15 if the discussion flow is going great. If nothing is going on, then 45 min is great

• @Lexad said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Farsendor said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Farsendor

What I meant to say is that don't stop it at 1:15 if the discussion flow is going great. If nothing is going on, then 45 min is great

completely agree :)

• I love this show. I listen at work and then re-listen via castbox on my phone in the car. I have ZERO issues with the length of the podcast, the only thing I haven't liked is when the discussion turns into a "who says 'like' the most" competition.

Love these guys.

• The longer podcasts are great. I'm not sure they should ever go over 2 hours though. I listen to Gameface (typically hits close to 3 hours) and it can start to drag a bit.

• Gotta love that Intro music.

• Should we have a Patreon exclusive thread because of spoilers?

Did love Brad doing the corrections music

• There's a spoilers tag when you make a post that you can utilize. Just use that until it airs for non-Patreons.

• Updated the OP with Episode #13! Available for all this week since it was recorded live on the stream.

• I liked the latest podcast, I just don't get why Damiani was on the panel this time. He clearly doesn't want to talk about anything unless it's Zelda or zelda related.

Which is fine, but mweh.

• @myfatdad The man's obsessed. But I'd be like that for a new Metal Gear so I can't judge too much.

• Looking forward to watching this week, hope couch returns next week! Also i still miss the GT Time theme.

Youtube Video

• Every week I look forward to sitting down and listening the allies talk about current events. They always have varying opinions which keeps it really interesting and it's great to have so many perspectives. So pumped for the first post E3 podcast :D Bosman is such a great host too, he's going to go far if he keeps at it :)

• @Kasper said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

[...] when there's something big on the horizon like E3 it makes sense to beef it up, and when there's nothing interesting to talk about it's fine if the podcast is just an hour long.

Podcast length is something that was important when there was the possibility that some of the shows where going to be shown on SPIKE TV. With today's way of watching shows on demand the length of a show is less a factor; And honestly I don't know why you would limit yourself to a running-time. Like many here already said it makes more sense to have a longer podcast for when you have something to talk about (during E3 & Christmas) and a short one when there is nothing happening. Like I always want to hear more Love&Respect, but because that is the last segment it always feels rushed. Kyle often skips questions and I myself have to wonder what patrons wanted to know. Use your best judgment which questions you ask. I generally wouldn't cut of a discussion even if you talked about that topic for 20min already.

TL;DR: If there's nothing new make the show 30min. If the Gaming-World is on fire make the podcast 5hours long. Same goes for FrameTrap BTW.