Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• We've had the same three guest pairs in the same order for eight weeks now, since episode #15. I'd like to see Brad and Huber together there again at some point, for example, but there seems to be no indication of breaking the current pairs. This has started to affect my interest in the podcast as a whole in some measure, I'm sorry to say. No surprises with the guests like in the first months, and the dynamics between the guests don't offer any change with the same partners.

• @Sentinel-Beach Rotate in Sophie and Norbert as guests.

• @Sentinel-Beach LOL I didn't even notice that. And I've got to say, I'm pretty sure you're alone with that opinion. Most podcasts don't rotate their cast at all, and that's fine. Honestly I don't really even want surprises with my podcasts. For me it's a weekly dose of hanging out with the guys I've come to like so much. There is something very comforting about knowing what you'll get. Like watching your favorite sitcom. You wouldn't want Seinfeld to ditch his friends and hang out with a new group ever week, would you? :D

@Whoaness What I hate more is, that I can't conveniently download it and streaming doesn't work that great on Soundcloud either. I get why there isn't a patreon only feed but it would be alot more convenient.

• @babpel91 Using the sitcom analogy, I think this situation with six people (the guests) compares better to the Friends. They were pretty much always paired-up every week for their few subplots in the episode, but the team-ups kept changing week after week. It wasn't Phoebe and Chandler together every week.

That's the thing that I'm after. There are fifteen ways to form pairs here, and only three are used currently.

• @Sentinel-Beach I kind of get where you're coming from, but at least for me, I don't feel like it's getting old. Especially since you get other team-ups in other forms. There's Frame Trap obviously, but also within non-podcast formats they are mixing it up alot. Like Bosman and Brandon in Brandon Plays Pokemon, or Bosman and Damiani with the Settle It stream, or when Bosman guests on Talking Syndrom... Coming to think of it, Bosman is freaking everywhere. :D

• This post is deleted!

• @babpel91 Because he's the Boss----MAN!

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

We've had the same three guest pairs in the same order for eight weeks now, since episode #15. I'd like to see Brad and Huber together there again at some point, for example, but there seems to be no indication of breaking the current pairs. This has started to affect my interest in the podcast as a whole in some measure, I'm sorry to say. No surprises with the guests like in the first months, and the dynamics between the guests don't offer any change with the same partners.

I guess I haven't noticed though it would be cool to see Brad and Huber together again. Ian and Damiani would be interesting.

• An excellent podcast this week! Seriously, one of the best so far. Ian and Ben were amazing guests both in their own ways. I've especially grown to like Ian more and more every time he's in there on the couch. His positive energy and quick and honest responses are really fun to watch. Plus, the way they play together with Kyle is often just hilarious, with the reactions and all. :)

I liked the PSN talk a lot, and the questions were all really good. I mean especially the second halftime of the podcast was just gold to me. So fun to watch and follow. The genre game was sweet, nice reactions there, and that whole Ben segment felt just so warm and right. You know, these things need to be said out loud every now and then.

And that last week's bet was really nice with the video material again, like with Starfox. I wish these kind of bets with "let's try it out" type of approach with a short video clip were a monthly thing or somehow a more regular bet. Thanks for this!

And I guess the Allies do read this forum, and maybe even quite regularly. I just never see them anywhere here. Blood I have seen the most, then Kyle maybe with four posts, a couple from Ben, Damiani I've seen once and Brandon as well. So... no Ian, Huber, Brad or Don here, as far as I remember. No, wait! I remember some post from Ian right at the beginning of the whole place.

But anyway. Really, a great podcast this week. Excellent energy and people having good time. Thank you all four! L & R

• wtb that shirt

alt text

• The last "juicy news" segment was cut off... why didn't the Easy Allies panel finish it? Sigh I was looking forward to hearing more about it. Eh well.

However, in response to the question asked in "love and respect" segment, where they talk about the olympics appearance by Prime Minister as Mario... My answer to the person who asked: Yes, it's a HUGE deal. It's bigger than what you realize. Thing is, those olympics are by large, one of the biggest - if not, the BIGGEST sports events in this world, period. E3 doesn't have shit on it. The reach goes beyond just TV, media, print, it extends to websites, blogs, gossip fodder, social media, you name it. It's everywhere. So, if Nintendo is getting a huge reception there, then the adoption rate for Nintendo's products just skyroketed to insane levels that they haven't felt in a long time. So, NX - whatever console they have in the pipeline? Skyrocket. Pokemon? Skyrocket. Mario? Skyrocket. Nintendo had a lot of exposure there, but the price was great. It's not cheap to get that advertisement or "air time" as we say it in the Wrestling world.

People who has never touched a video game, people who has never heard of Nintendo, or anyone that doesn't know any one of their arcade, handheld, or console ventures know it now. So, this results in awareness for any new projects in the pipeline. Anticipation for new projects by Nintendo - skyrocket by 110%. That was a risky move by Nintendo that started as far back to the collaboration on Nintendo's own Olympic games which was a 2007 title. I'm talking about the these games...

alt text

This whole partnership has come to a full circle.

So, yes, your answer is that Mario's appearance during the Rio Olympic Games was a huge deal. It's not a big deal to me, but I can see it from a marketing standpoint - because this means that Nintendo has reached just about ANY casual. ANY.

• Holy crap, that part about Ben had me in tears. Amazing. Has anybody a link to his first on-screen moment? Don't really remember what video that was and I dont think they mentioned it on the podcast.

• Isn't the podcast recorded after the group stream? Then how was Brandon suddenly there? I honestly expected now that Brandon and Blood were away that Kyle would be hosting, Huber would be on the couch as the pair system has been showing to work that way, then Brad would be replacing Blood as a guest and UNCLE DON would be sitting on Brandon's seat as a special guest star.
    But I guess not.

A bit boring podcast, to be honest. Sorry to say. Mainly because of the topics, no nice and juicy HOTTAKES this week, which of course isn't the Allies fault. At least the L&R was better than the first part, it was nice to hear about those rejuvenating gaming moments.

• @Sentinel-Beach After. I think Brandon just arrived to LA in time. Bosman's Patreon post mentioned he didn't know who would be on the panel depending on traffic from the airport.

• Why was love and respect bleeped out?

• @jords The name of the first person asking that question was bleeped out, as Kyle immediately after realized that the person did not want their name spoken. It was discussed there briefly.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@jords The name of the first person asking that question was bleeped out, as Kyle immediately after realized that the person did not want their name spoken. It was discussed there briefly.

Yeah it caught me off there for a sec but glad they respected the poster's request with the bleep

• That was an entertaining podcast this week. I liked how long it was, and that the conversation was so centered for the most part on the one topic with the upcoming games. (And they of course offered variety in themselves.)

Fighting game / card game thing worked well, too, and those couch co-op memories got me smiling. Thanks!

• Nice podcast as always, but DAMINANI!!!!!

Metroid Prime is a fucking good game. Okay!? OKAY!? [Shakes Daminani] OKAY!?

It's not a slow paced game, it is what it is! [Shakes fist]

It's a first person shooter in theory, but with Metroid elements, that WE ALL FUCKING LOVE! Nintendo didn't need to change the genre to First Person Adventure or whatever they're calling it. But fuckin' god. I. LOVE. Metroid.

Nintendo. Please make Metroid a NX title. Preferably A LAUNCH FUCKING TITLE!

• Metroid Prime is a very slow game even if you forget the 5-10 times it makes you walk through Magmoor Caverns needlessly. Not doing anything, just walking. It's only 2 and 3 that sped the shooting back up a bit.

Anyway, on stream today Damiani said he's going to stream Metroid Prime (go figure: it's a nostalgia game) after Super Metroid. He also talked about how he's never finished Echoes, stopping around when he got to the second area, Torvus Bog. My plan is to keep asking questions along the lines of "Why are you such a casual that you haven't beaten Metroid Prime 2," until either he streams it or I get bored ;)