Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• Probably the best podcast by EZA so far. Absolutely loved it.

• "Waterproof!"
    "Waterproof?"
    "Waterproof!!!"
    "That's what you cross your fingers for?!" :D

Huber <3 <3

• @Haru17 "Souls is a fad"

lol

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne will go down in video game history. The games have been around since 2009, that's anything but a fad.

I suggest the opposite of your post: there may be people who don't like the franchise, there may be people that hate it. But besides yourself I doubt there are many that would call the series a "fad" lol

• Started laughing so hard with that opening shrek comment that I fell off the pull up bar in the park and almost completely ate shit. Great podcast.

• @ObbyDent Typically fads swell rapidly in popularity, like the spike in black-looking "hard" games you see nowadays. Neither fans like you or critics like myself can judge its impact without the benefit of hindsight. That was the point of the rest of my post — we're going to have to let it breathe before we can accurately judge the role of Souls as either a series or a source of inspiration for other works.

• @Haru17 nah. demon's souls is seven years old. there are games that have released sooner than we've judged just easily. We all know what role The Last of Us will game play in game history and that game only came out three years ago.

• @ObbyDent All we know about The Last of Us is that people haven't copied it so far. (Unless you wanted to attribute the crafting bubble to it, which would be a stretch.) Besides, Souls wasn't popular with Demon Souls or even Dark Souls' release. It gained a ton of popularity later in Dark Souls 1's cycle, and into Dark Souls 2's release. Your argument has a strainer-like amount of holes in it. We need to be patient to get any sort of meaningful historical perspective.

• @Haru17 hahaha you have some weird obsession with copying and how that relates to being a fad. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @ObbyDent I don't know what to tell you, man. Look up the definition.

• I'd like to first start off by saying that I do feel that Shrek is a better movie than The Princess Bride, but that is only because I had never even seen The Princess Bride fully until earlier this year. Naturally I had seen clips from youtube of some of the more iconic moments in the movie, but when my girlfriend brought up a reference from The Princess Bride and I told her that I had not seen it, she told me that we had to watch it together. She explained to me that she grew up watching that movie and told me all about how much she loved it and how great it was, so I was eager to see it, so I could put all the pieces together from what I knew.
    I had not known she loved this movie so much, so after we finished watching, I had to pose the question to her: "Which do you think is a better movie, this, or Shrek?" Coming from someone who had just talked this movie up so much and made me watch it, you'd think its naturally The Princess Bride. Wrong! I was absolutely flabbergasted by the fact that she still thought Shrek was better . Her explanation for it was that Shrek had a sense of fantasy and wonder that The Princess Bride did not, that TPB was just a story about conceivably real people in a world that isn't too spectacular by comparison.
    I thought I had found the one, to finally be able to have someone agree with Jones, but sadly, the quest must continue.

• @sean_marino

You sir, are evil.

• Fun fact: the intro melody to Fantomenk's EZA Podcast theme (the first 10 notes) can spell out "EasyAllies", "EZAPodcast", "EZAReviews", and/or "EZAPreview". Also, in the same song, there are 5 additional notes in the melody. I hypothesize that they could mean "The Stream Will Start Soon", which is used before a Twitch stream begins. Why are there no intro graphics that do this?

• You can see the terror dawning on their faces.

• My apologies to Brandon for repeatedly forgetting to post a comment on this, but I will always view Princess Bride as the better movie. Maybe it's an age thing. While Shrek is an excellent movie, I was 21 when it came out. I grew up watching movies like Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, and The NeverEnding Story repeatedly for years. That's some significant nostalgia that Shrek would have to overcome, which isn't going to happen. My wife (33) and daughter (5) both agree that's it the better movie as well, btw.

• This week's betting part was hilarious with all the language stuff. :D Thank you.

• After watching those last few minutes of this week's podcast I'm really hoping that they get the studio sooner than later. But something needs to change a bit, I also think. The Patreon number has not been exactly growing from that 37k-ish. Some supersponsor(s) could change things with big numbers and maybe even daily visibility? Before every stream? Would that be too much, though? But some neat tweaks could be appreciated with the monthly money flow. Easier said than done, I know.

• Great that there's now a seventh sponsor! Yeah. :)

In other news. Has someone already taken a name of "Alex Steep" on chat? It's bound to happen.

• Saw this suggestion on youtube and wanted to share.
    Imo the best for betting groups would be that regulars i.e Brandon and Kyle both lead a betting team and each are complemented with one of the guests.

• I actually have the Shrek Smash n Crash Racing game they mentioned in Love & Respect.

• This was such an excellent podcast! Some reveals spoiled below.

Such fun games and bets this episode! And the sheer DIS–RE–SPECT!! The Red Eagles — and Trollin' Kyle — take it by one point (20 to 19) and devour the Green Lizards. Not only that, but the wayward remnants are forced to form under the banner of the 'Purple Platypi' — an unmarketable name if I've ever heard one — and are pressed under the Brandon's poison thumb.

The Tyranny of the Sun is real indeed. Now the other forest creatures know to beware the Red Eagle's shadow.