Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• @SabotageTheTruth You're not the only one. Also played it through PS+ and enjoyed it too.

• After watch the latest episode, I just want to address the community that they are always welcome to talk about any game they want, zeitgeist or not. There will always be someone to talk with you here about it if you want to.

• @Nillend said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

After watch the latest episode, I just want to address the community that they are always welcome to talk about any game they want, zeitgeist or not. There will always be someone to talk with you here about it if you want to.

Yup, especially on discord. We geek out on older titles all the time there.

• Picking your battles is the best answer to the zeitgeist thing. Or finding a way to not care about it.
    But really you just gotta pick the MUST play games, that you need to play right away.

Also I look forward to next week's LOTR lore lesson.

• I really hope everyone here has subscribed to the EZA YouTube channel. If not, please do so. And maybe ask your friends or people on other forums to do so as well. I know I did on this Finnish gaming forum I frequent. (There's an Easy Allies thread I update if not on daily then weekly basis.)

At the moment the number is 97 988. So close!

• Has there been much discussion/thought on getting the podcast on a Patreon only feed rather than uploading the links separately -- and a few days early -- outside of the regular soundcloud rss?

I guess its a little extra work but I gather from other Patreon creators I help fund that this is possible for both tiers and individual users (via a unique link)

• @alfresh said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

Has there been much discussion/thought on getting the podcast on a Patreon only feed rather than uploading the links separately -- and a few days early -- outside of the regular soundcloud rss?

I guess its a little extra work but I gather from other Patreon creators I help fund that this is possible for both tiers and individual users (via a unique link)

I asked about that when the Patreon first started because it would be easier for me to have it that way and was told the worry was that once people have access to the feed they would drop or cancel their Patreon payment. Which is a reasonable concern but as a result I'm currently on the $1 tier as I wasn't getting the full benefit of the $5 tier.

• @thenerdtheword understandable.

I have seen though that giantbomb include user name and password in a rss URL, stopping access if the account isn't active.

Also, for a sports podcast I back, all patrons get an individual link, presumably with the some form of unique ID included.

However i recognise that this may not be too big a concern for the Allies -- for what I'm guessing -- is too few patrons requesting this

• @alfresh said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@thenerdtheword understandable.

I have seen though that giantbomb include user name and password in a rss URL, stopping access if the account isn't active.

Also, for a sports podcast I back, all patrons get an individual link, presumably with the some form of unique ID included.

However i recognise that this may not be too big a concern for the Allies -- for what I'm guessing -- is too few patrons requesting this

It may be worth suggesting that on this week's podcast post on patreon. I would up my pledge if I could have a dedicated RSS of some sort to use with my podcasting app of choice.

• Not sure if everyone has seen this, but this is from the YouTube comments:

marco castellani1 day ago (edited)
    CORRECTION
    Everybody adores Styx, you always love lots if everyone seeks launch reveals
    Read the first letter of every word Kyle and rejoice, you just got a point

• @Doctor-Professor I can't wait to see the aftermath if they ever catch wind of this.

• @SabotageTheTruth Kyle knows already. He mentioned it on a stream the other day. don't remember witch one. Maybe BvW

• That. Is. Genius.

• Well you can guarantee bets will never be about the latest comment on YouTube videos anymore. That is pretty good though. I am a little upset that the jumbled mess of words wasn't a genuine comment.

• They were all wrong about the number one trailer. How could they forget this masterpiece?

• I really loved Jones defending the hell out of Bioshock's trailer and world. Brand Manager knows his stuff!

• @SabotageTheTruth I loved the trailer debate period. REALLY happy to see the bump the Patreon got (don't know how sustainable it is though). Need that $45K! Miss trailer talk...

• @Brannox It's currently the highest I've ever seen it - $43,495. So close.

• Take 2: The Easy Allies Podcast #54 - Audio & RSS

The allies have added a private RSS so that $5 patreon users can now listen to the show early on their podcast provider.

I'm absolutely delighted by this as it's just been a lot easier for me to listen to the podcast so I always waited until Friday. Thanks EZA!

• This week's podcast was simply excellent. I really, really liked it a lot. All four members were in top shape and had a lot to say with interesting opinions. The topics were neatly picked, and I especially liked the Andromeda talk and the Atlus discussion. And that continued spoiler talk was cool to hear. L&R was fun as well: we had some surprise Norwegian (hi neighbours!), always welcomed E3 hype, but also more serious talk about the reviews.

Insightful talk, humour and just positive vibes. Really great two hours, thank you (again)!