Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• @TheHashtag0nist haven't seen you on here in awhile and normally I wouldn't address something like this publicly but it's in podcast halftime so.... sorry to hear about recent events, hope things pick up for you! Best of luck.

• admin

@sentinel-beach oh, that's my mistake. Blue dropped down from Mega Sponsor to Frame Trap this month.

• I've long considered Kyle to be the best host in the video games podcasting realm, but he has been absolutely killing it in the last few weeks with the desire index.

• Blood, just be more aggressive next time. I could see you liked both Darksiders and Tomb Raider more than their positions now show (as do I!), but Brandon wasn't having it. Loved the shut up moment, still. And sure, this is all just fun and games, but it's always more fun with some HOTTAKES! :)

• I think there's a conspiracy against Brad, first he loses the EZA title and now KH3 gets the shaft!!!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• I liked this week's podcast a lot. (Even if there wasn't Desire Index in it.) Good console rumours, Comic Con conversation went along nicely. The L&R especially was very good, really liked that actor quiz about movie games. Good to have No Man's Sky in there as well, and the Yakuza scenarios were funny to listen to.

• I forgot to mention this, but how do you all feel about the lack of screenshots or videos on the podcast? Particularly in this latest episode the panel watched and commented on a lot of stuff that wasn't shown to the audience, and that felt frustrating to many in the comments, me included. They show stuff all the time on their group streams etc., but I wonder if this is a quality issue maybe. Like Kyle wants to keep the podcast "clean", no sudden haphazard screenshots in there. And I kind of get it, as the EZA Podcast is for sure their most valuable asset. Still a bummer, though.

• I think that if they're not going to quickly and effectively put together a solution for the visual stuff that they're looking at on the screen, then they need to stop doing it. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the fly screen switching, but if Ian just wrote down links for stuff he shows and then sticks it in the description of the video and any other services the podcast is on, preferably with timestamps.

But honestly, I don't think they should be doing it at all. It's a podcast after all. They shouldn't be looking at stuff to see what it is being talked about, someone should be describing what it was through their words.

Youtube Video – [58:19..]

This is a good example. Kyle is describing what the show looks like but as soon as Ian brings up the trailer on screen everyone stops talking, reacts to what they're seeing instead of continuing to describe it for the listener.

I understand why it might seem like it's a good idea, but in my opinion it brings the quality down, and instead they should do just a bit more preparation before hand so they're aware of what's being talked about, anything that's brought up by another Ally should then just be described by that Ally.

• I loved the July 25th podcast because they talked about some games dear to my heart. :) For example, I loooooooooovvve the high praise for Arkham City! I agree that it's the very BEST. The VERY BEST game in the series. It's also the very best licensed game of all time. Besides the original NES game, Batman. :)

When I was watching the gameplay trailers of Spiderman, I was immediately reminded of... the ARKHAM series! :D

While you guys were talking about Octopath Traveler, the gameplay elements you spoke of reminds me of Atelier Iris. I plan to pick up Octopath Traveler at some point, but I really am intrigued by the conversation because I am getting a Atelier Iris vibe in there.

• This week's podcast in a nutshell :]

Youtube Video

• #124. Brad's comment about making friends with Mario Party was funny as hell. :] And the hoodie discussion kept me entertained, excellent.

• Maybe it was just a summer slump with not much news, but I wasn't vibing on the past couple of weeks of the podcast... August 8th's was really great though, multiple times I had to pause the episode because of how hard I was laughing.

• #125 - probably the best Love & Respect section I can remember. Super jolly Pokemon game and those stories of support were incredible!

Also, calling it now but -

The Dragon Ball correction is a new bit. I don't know anything about the series but corrections two weeks in a row with the comment section blowing up over it? Seems fishy.

• Late to the party, but wanted to say that kyle had me in stitches with his "little pig, little pig" antics from 2 weeks ago.

He missed a prime opportunity to milk it one final time with his trademark sign off.

• #128: I really like these poptart & toaster strudel episodes, this one, too, was very beefy. Good predictions and choices for most part. So many games coming up, I have to pick and choose, unfortunately.

• @sentinel-beach the concept of the segment is already confusing to me as i don't even know what's a pop tart or a toaster strudel looks like, and choosing Pokemon let's go as a toaster strudel is also confusing because these game will get an average of 8/10 and will sell millions.

• @a7x458 It's confusing to me since I like toaster strudel more than pop tarts.

But the whole point of a toaster strudel is to tell people to be careful of a game, and they think people should be wary of Let's Go Pokemon.

• Off topic : what's up with"go register to vote"?
    I know the US has a really bad voters turnout but is there a really important vote coming up in the US ?