Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• Favorite podcast opening segment as voted on the facebook eza fan group.

0_1548601166051_f3c0bb34-473f-4fa9-8f55-a5c093dbf9aa-image.png

What's your favorite?

• @germanscientist Beastie Boys rap needs some more love, that was one of my favorites.

• @germanscientist I think that poll is pretty spot on.

• I really, really love Kyle.

I reeeeally hate Pro Strats. I'm sorry. :(

But I can't believe Word of the Day is so low on that poll! Word of the Day was great.

• #150 was a super joyful episode. Loved the Gaming Game, we need to see this returning every now and then. And man, watching happy Bloodworth during the halftime just filled me with positive thoughts. :)

• @sentinel-beach I think Bloodworth killed it on this weeks podcast. Insight after insight as well extracting thoughts from Bosman, which rarely happens normally as far as I can remember.

• The Gaming Game is back! Can't get enough of this segment. Also, I can't believe how much I missed Ian on the podcast, it's comforting having him back.

• Really enjoyed Jones and Brad opening up about the EA Play behind-the-scenes reality, there was some real frustration and bewilderment there.

• Looks like some of the submissions for the Glinny's Cauldron game jam are spam submissions from people just trying to get their game out there. I was confused playing it when the games weren't so bad. Maybe 2-3 of the 7 so far aren't actually for Glinny's Cauldron.

Paragon 2 was ridiculously funny but I got stumped on the Mario Odyssey wall platforming with the duck. I had to give up.

EDIT: Just played "Ghost Ranch" it was surprisingly good but that damn spike section was brutal. I beat both bosses. Not sure if nothing happening is the abrupt ending?

EDIT 2: I beat "Swordcery by SWMedia. This game made me laugh out loud multiple times with the highlight being Mountain Dew and Skeezer. 10/10

• I really like the guy in the middle - he is really cool and cute. Would like to chat with him in internet.

• Corrections at the end has to be a bit, right?

• Trying out Corrections at the end is genuine. His comment in the latest podcast about "everyone seeming to agree it works" is a bit.

• Just wanted to share how heartwarming it is to me, personally, that you are in any way associated with SOS villages.

Today is the 49th anniversary of when my mother and her 4 just orphaned siblings were left at the care of one of these villages. At that time, it was a pioneer program, and the first one in the country(Portugal).

Both my parents grew up without parents of their own, for different reasons and under different circumstances.
    My mother grew up under the care of a lady that I consider to be my actual grandmother. She came from an isolated village in the middle of the mountains and grew up and went to school in the capital thanks to these villages.

She is a successful and well-adjusted human being and I'd have to say that having a caring foster parent is a big part of that.

My father, on the other hand, grew up in an orphanage, was beaten and berated, and ultimately ran away to grow up in the streets with his kid brother. My father has never and will never shake the psychological issues that came from these experiences. He is successful IN SPITE of these traumas, but a deeply haunted and flawed person. A father of 3 and grandfather of 6.

I just want to stress that one should never underestimate the value of having someone to call mom or dad, someone who is there for us, not just an employee taking care of hundreds, but an adult, in a house, that cooks for you, teaches you how to be a good person, and most importantly, that loves you.

This is what SOS Villages provided for my mother.

• Why they didn't talk about State of Play and The Last of Us Part II(24th media briefing, possibility on being in the State of Play)? I have been waiting for them to talk about it this week(#180 podcast). Disappointed. :/

• Well they'll definitely cover it next week. I think it makes more sense to wait a week and speak about what there actually was than just speculate now. And they had the TLoU II bet at least.

• @sentinel-beach

They will probably and I didn't watch it yet, just speaking from time stamps so I didn't know the bet thing. Of course, they will talk about the concrete details in the next week but I would like to see them talking about their speculations and expectations you know. I have been waiting last week then thought that ''Maybe they didn't know it yet while they were recording'' so I presumed it was going to be in this week's podcast.