Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• @Krauser Hah, the build up for that reveal. "Seems like he's written a lot." Don's a delight!

Argh, Huber bashing mono Beatles... I'm not a crazy Beatles fan but presuming that the remastered mixes are better because stereo is better than mono is a little ignorant. Like I said, I'm not a die hard fan, but easily noticed that some of the stereo mixes are dreadful and completely butchered. Great analogy by Blood though.

• Don is a 4.5 star artist

Great episode, fun game with the Nes. And dat don rule

This felt like an old episode of GT time having both Bloodworth and Huber. I definitely miss Bloodworth not being a permanent chair

• Hopefuly Don will be able to get Green lizards back into the game. This domination By Kyle and Jones is ridiculous.

• @matt the mono mixes make their music listenable on headphones.

• I'm surprised there was a pause in the discussion for NES Classic Edition for Ninja Gaiden. First thing out my mouth was "What?" I'm rubbing my face in disbelief in you guys.

Here's a challenge for you, Brandon: Get Ninja Gaiden for NES on the original NES, finish the game from start to finish - I dare you.

As a matter of fact, I fucking challenge you to finish Ninja Gaiden II for NES.

I never beat either games, but they're really good games. I am in total agreement with Huber when he says "HOLDS UP!"

The Ninja Gaiden games for NES was stripped down from the Arcade versions, but that was a miracle mistake. Seriously. This is one of those times where I applaud a company for downgrading the game to fit a console version. Ninja Gaiden is that game.

• I was not prepared for Kyle feeling himself.

• Magnum Opus: Eternal Rebirth or Total Extinction?

This sounds like a JRPG series and a pretty awesome one at that.

• Honestly, that game was confusing as hell. Even the allies were confused at those verbose wordings for something that should be simple to understand.

As for Kyle feeling himself, I'm feeling myself as well. I was so right about Nintendo having nothing to do with Pokemon GO.

• "I can stomach Chrono Trigger" -Michael Damiani

• @Dario In regards to Toriyama's art.

Honestly, I can barely see the DBZ artstyle when playing Chrono Trigger since it's pixel art.

• @Whoaness I know, but it was a fun moment and Brandon worded it that way xD
    I can still see Toriyama's art style in the game though, especially with big enemies and bosses. Not to mention the ports' FMVs.

• @Dario If someone told me Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana had the same artist, I'd believe them. They're not though. It looks the same because it's so pixelated.

The only way you can tell is Chrono Trigger's box cover.

• "Kyle feels himself" was one of the best EZA moments so far. Oh dear lord, did he feel himself or what. :) And together with Brad's reactions this was gold.

Really nice conversations about the NX rumors, and the F/Marry/Kill game was fun to watch. I think it's great that there are these kind of bits in L&R every now and then. Brad's closing words were also superb.

A question to Kyle, though, if he reads this thread. It's about the rotating panel members. Since the podcast #15 a pattern has emerged with the guests, they don't feel sort of random anymore as they did before that. They've been:
    #15: Huber / Blood
    #16: Brad / Damiani
    #17: Ben / Ian
    #18: Huber / Blood
    #19: Brad / Damiani
    --> #20: Ben / Ian?

I really like them all, it's just that things can soon start to feel a bit stagnant, I guess, with these pairings. Mix them up a bit again, if you could. L&R

Oh, and thank you for the last couple of Fridays for being right on time with the free podcasts. Or even a little early, yes! Thanks!

• @Dario said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

"I can stomach Chrono Trigger" -Michael Damiani

Why Damiani? Why? Chrono Trigger is an AWESOME game. AWESOME.

@Whoaness said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Dario If someone told me Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana had the same artist, I'd believe them. They're not though. It looks the same because it's so pixelated.

The only way you can tell is Chrono Trigger's box cover.

alt text

Just a reminder to folks, and btw, some scene(s) in the game(s) show the protagonist's face.

However, the art style of both CT and SoM were similar, but tried to stay different. One is dark and the other is light. As if they're polar opposites. That's how I see it.

• @Carlos That was a quote from Brad, not Damiani. He was talking about the Toriyama art style bugging him, which would I agree with. There's just some major uncanny valley going on with it: their... faces are too muscle-y, and eyes too derpy.

alt text

Bleach.

• @Haru17 I don't wanna be that guy but... @Carlos was correct, it definitely was Damiani with the complaint and Brad asking him to turn in his JRPG card. Happens right before an hour and sixteen minutes into the podcast.

• Banned

Haven't had the time to go through the whole thread yet, but could we ask questions on here to the guys on the podcast for them to respond back ?

• @Acidtrip-69 Nope! That's actually a perk of spending $5 a month or more on their Patreon, having the possibility of your question read on the podcast. Bosman will usually send an email out on the Tuesday of shooting to let you know to head on over to Patreon and submit your question.

• @Carlos @SabotageTheTruth No, again you guys are misattributing that quote. Damiani said "Chrono Trigger was what I could stomach," referring to the Toriyama art style, not the game itself. Brandon, not Brad, incredulously quoted him for emphasis, saying, "I can stomach Chrono Trigger."

Really living up to your username, eh? ;)

• @Haru17 Aha, but you said Brad, not Brandon! I actually flubbed on what was being corrected though, you're right.

I'd really love to think corrections music is playing during this whole ordeal.