Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• I honestly feel like I got into gaming more because of console wars. 10 years ago I had joined the Gamespot forums that had a System Wars forum for all the trash talking. Sony fans were Cows because Sony kept milking the fanbases for high cost peripherals (and right around the time PS3 price was announced, Microsoft fans were Lemmings because they would jump off a cliff for them, and Nintendo fans were sheep, similar to a lemming, being guided around by Nintendo. PC fans were Hermits because they live alone in a dark basement playing on their PC.

It was hilarious and all tongue and cheek. It got heated but it made me want to follow gaming news more.

• love these podcasts

• Does anyone know what time they usually record at?

By the time I get my question in, it's usually been around 7 hours since Kyle put up the post and there are never many comments after mine.
    Can't help but feel I'm getting screwed over by time zones here and they've already started recording before I even ask a question.

• @Carpainter Pretty sure it records right after the group stream every Tues.

• @DeweyDTruman Ah ok, thanks for letting me know! That means I should still be eligible assuming Kyle checks the comments an hour or so before the stream.

• @kevboard said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

alt text

Maybe Kyle should join the green lizards if they stand any chance of beating the unstoppable force that is Brandon Jones

• @ChoppedLiver02 said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@kevboard said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

alt text
    Maybe Kyle should join the green lizards if they stand any chance of beating the unstoppable force that is Brandon Jones

Kah Kah!!!!

• Easy Ally

@Carpainter I actually do the final check for comments for Love and Respect before I leave for Jones', which is usually around 4:15PM PT, so today it was up for just over six hours, which means you probably got screwed. Maybe I can post these late Monday nights

• @Bosman I'd definitely like it if you did Kyle!

• @Bosman Thanks for responding! That'd be great if you could manage it, but I understand that your life doesn't purely consist of Allies stuff so don't feel like you have to.
    Grateful enough for the fact the podcast even exists! :joy:

• Oh man, Bosman. You and me, bro!
    My podcast question was exactly what was talked about, though I was pretty sure it was going to be the topic.

I am so mad that people are praising Nintendo instead of Niantic. The people who work the hardest should deserve respect, and everyone is being so disrespectful to Niantic. I really hope more journalists set this record straight because even popular game media are putting Pokemon GO centric articles around Nintendo.

Edit: About the L&R for dads, Stardew Valley is waaaaay mechanically difficult for dads who don't play games.

It needs to be something really easy to understand, which all those simple mobile games do perfectly.

• Argh, Would have loved if the Love and Respect segment would have gone into why or why not they think each game was in development or not.
    The last of us 2 is definitively in development, I can feel it.

• @seppo91 Nope, they are working on Unkarted: Drake's Championship and the unannounced real Crash Bandicoot sequel.

• I am surprised the Demon Souls one was all no's when there has been some smoke to it

• @Lexad Well Miyazaki said recently that Demon Souls Remaster could happen if another studio does it, so it's most likely not in any state of development.

• @Whoaness said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@Lexad Well Miyazaki said recently that Demon Souls Remaster could happen if another studio does it, so it's most likely not in any state of development.

Sony owns the ip so I don't think they necessarily have to notify him if they start

• @Lexad Hmm I suppose so, but From Software developed it. Sony aren't the type to do these things without some sort of collaboration or letting devs know that they're porting games. Every Sony port I know about had the original devs working with the porting devs.

• @Whoaness I was sad to see the Demon's Souls connections cut from Bloodborne, and wonder how many others were trimmed. Given that Dark Souls 3 carries so much fanservice from the first game, an interesting dichotomy in that regard.

On a From tip, i'm excited for what Yui Tanimura does next. I think the man's a genius, and Scholar Of The First Sin means the world to me.

• the streak won't end
    alt text

• Good episode, I especially liked the picks in L&R and what conversion there was around those subjects.

Two questions/suggestions for the podcast in general:

1. Kyle, I know we all have our lives and things can happen and so on, but about this Friday's podcast release. I mean, it's listed in your schedule here on your site, that it will be up at noon there / at 10 PM here (Finland). And from what I've understood, you only need to make it public on Fridays, not upload it anymore or something like this. Yet, it's been around 50/50 of the times that I've waited for an hour or two, maybe more, that it would come up, and then finally gave up and watched it on Saturday morning.

And that's fine, it's not that big of a deal. I'd just wish that if you're not able to publish the podcast on time someone else could be. That you wouldn't necessarily be the only one responsible for it. Or, that the time on the schedule would be changed to a later time, or maybe even just more vague. Today it was an hour late, last week I think pretty much right on time.

A little bit more consistency is the thing I'm after, I guess. L&R

1. With the bets. I'd love it if you could do some more game-related, and maybe not that much focusing on reviews. I mean the best has been the one with the Starfox game, from where we even got that video material. If that could happen more every once in a while (once a month?), it'd be really sweet. Loved that short bonus video vibe.

Thanks for a great podcast, wouldn't miss it even once!