Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread

• @Carlos That was a quote from Brad, not Damiani. He was talking about the Toriyama art style bugging him, which would I agree with. There's just some major uncanny valley going on with it: their... faces are too muscle-y, and eyes too derpy.

alt text

Bleach.

• @Haru17 I don't wanna be that guy but... @Carlos was correct, it definitely was Damiani with the complaint and Brad asking him to turn in his JRPG card. Happens right before an hour and sixteen minutes into the podcast.

• Banned

Haven't had the time to go through the whole thread yet, but could we ask questions on here to the guys on the podcast for them to respond back ?

• @Acidtrip-69 Nope! That's actually a perk of spending $5 a month or more on their Patreon, having the possibility of your question read on the podcast. Bosman will usually send an email out on the Tuesday of shooting to let you know to head on over to Patreon and submit your question.

• @Carlos @SabotageTheTruth No, again you guys are misattributing that quote. Damiani said "Chrono Trigger was what I could stomach," referring to the Toriyama art style, not the game itself. Brandon, not Brad, incredulously quoted him for emphasis, saying, "I can stomach Chrono Trigger."

Really living up to your username, eh? ;)

• @Haru17 Aha, but you said Brad, not Brandon! I actually flubbed on what was being corrected though, you're right.

I'd really love to think corrections music is playing during this whole ordeal.

• @SabotageTheTruth said

@Haru17 Aha, but you said Brad, not Brandon! I actually flubbed on what was being corrected though, you're right.

I'd really love to think corrections music is playing during this whole ordeal.

La Li Lu Le Lo, La Li Lu Le Lo, La Li Lu Le Lo...

• Never played Silent Hills so I would magnum opus Dead Space. So many good ideas spread across the games. I'd be all in on a DS1/2 vibe with 3's weapon creation system

• So what's the best way to send in corrections? Patreon, forums, YouTube or Twitter?

• @seppo91 I feel like Patreon is the best bet, but I'm not sure myself. I actually have a thread in the feedback forum asking for clarification on where to give feedback and suggesting only having one channel of communication for feedback.

I think my semi-correction on Patreon got mentioned, the one about Xbox backwards compatibility. Not sure if it was me though.

• Hey EZA, if you guys weren't planning on talking about it, I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Lost Soul Aside trailer.

Youtube Video

Looks amazing to say it was done by only one person, no?

• @Ambassador You are better off putting that as a post on Patreon for the last podcast, or if you're not a Patron, just tweet it directly to Bosman.

• I really liked how Ian was having a lot of fun through the whole podcast, he got me smiling too.

Still, like I said last week, I hope Kyle would mix up the pairs again. We've now gone through two rounds (six weeks) with the same pairs.

• I somehow fell behind updating this thread. Sorry about that guys! Newest episode is in the OP.

• admin

Hey guys, I'm feeling we've got a few too many pinned posts for the amount of activity in this category. I'm going to unpin most of them and see how it goes.

• Cheers to Brandon sticking up for the No Man's Sky team. I'm not entirely in love with the game. I picked it up and am having fun so far, but wouldn't recommend it to everyone.

But I do have the same strong feelings that Brandon has regarding the public outcries over the release and its flaws. Hello Games is far from perfect but I don't think they deserve to get the heat that they do. And to their credit, they've had a really good attitude about a lot of it. They've been very responsive and really do care about their game.

Oh and the "real life vs. video game" game was fun. But you guys should really reconsider your position on skiing and motorcycles. I can't think of a skiing game that beats the rush of bombing a steep slope to the point where tears are coming out of your eyes. And motorcycles are just a thrill and a joy to ride. It's like the throttle is somehow tapped into your adrenal glands.

• @matt I agree so much.

Brandon really nailed it from the business/journalism perspective. "Oh you're my friend when you want to give me stuff" - I enjoyed this rant so much. Does anyone have a timestamp?

• @Stormcrownn said in Easy Allies Podcast - Official Discussion Thread:

@matt I agree so much.

Brandon really nailed it from the business/journalism perspective. "Oh you're my friend when you want to give me stuff" - I enjoyed this rant so much. Does anyone have a timestamp?

Salty Brandon is best Brandon. His rants are always great and rivals Huber when he gets passionate about something.

• Salty Jones is the best.

I was more caught by the fan content discussion. It makes me fear for the likes of Mother 4, which I am eagerly anticipating. The team has been working on it for years and years and I'd hate for them to get shut down after their hard work, or to lose the chance to get it myself.

• The love and respect section this week was awesome, one of the best so far.