Enter The Negative Zone.

• alt text

Hello Allies,

As we all know EZA is a hive of hype, hell yes and ohmygodicantwait, and is much the better for it.

So I propose the Negative Zone.

Without compromising the general spirit of the community we all value, here's a place to mouth off, spit fire and vent.

What's bugging you? What's the truth that dare not speak its name? What's the bee in your bonnet? What's the bad bad news?

Has to be said but this isn't a place to rage at each other or be offensive, it's just a spit bucket to keep the forums clean and help you get that shout off your chest. It's not a thread to start arguments and be a pain.

That said, fire away and have fun.

• The elitism that can walk hand-in-hand with "the PC master race"
    Early access games
    Zombie survival open world games with crafting
    2D pixelated platformer indie games
    Gore being confused with horror
    The word "cringe"

All of these things salts my apples.

• the souls community watching some of my favorite lpers play through the game, and reading the comments...ugh so much cancer.

• MOBAs
    • The popularity of games with no substance or merit that might as well just be legos.
    • Walking simulators
    • Early Access
    • Team based games where people are free to ignore the objective and it's wrong for you to get angry and/or hurt your team's "Feelings"
    • Censorship of any kind
    • Games that spend their whole marketing campaign trying to say how they'll "Kill" some other game and then fade away in 1-3 months to a year
    • Console arguments that go nowhere even when presented with valid truths to disprove people's zealotry and outrageous assumptions.
    • Blind fanboyism
    • Caving into drama (Regardless of the context) and changing a game's content or even it's existence to try and avoid controversy (Falls under censorship too I suppose but in a different way, adhering to the ESRB or kneejerk puritan complaints is different than this)
    • Unfinished games despite having months or years of beta testing and yet still having planned DLC
    • People that strip a game of fun by finding ways around a game's mechanics to add tricks to win in multiplayer games (Wavedashing or infinite combos as an example).
    • Companies or even communities that change how they play/create/patch a game based on how the "Pros" play instead of just playing the damn game.
    • Zombie games (They need a break).
    • Games lacking progression systems that try to say that "Fun" should be enough.
    • Games shoehorning special interest narratives in some way into their games when it had no business being there.
    • The "Everything needs multiplayer and forced team co-op" mindset.
    • Games that get a free pass for being awful just because of who made it or what it's a sequel to.
    • Microsoft thinking everyone actually wants windows 10.

I could go on.

Actually, I will:

• Drivers who turn from a single turn lane into the next street hugging both lanes and not choosing a lane till I try to pass them, and they of course want the lane I'm in and nearly hit me and give ME the dirty look/honk when they didn't look to see where I was before merging
    • Children throwing hysterical tantrums over something and parents ignore it, generally in a place that's meant to be quiet (Like a book store)
    • Betty Crocker not realizing how awesome Dunkaroos were and that they need to come back.
    • Taco Bell getting rid of $1 crunchwrap sliders.
    • People who call cider "Beer"
    • Companies who think every customer service survey matters and punishing employees for not getting enough of them.

• The glut of greybrown dudebro cinematic QTE "experiences".

• Im tired of the words souls, souls-like and any comparison of a game to a souls game.

• when your burrito is too full and breaks and then you have to eat it with a fork.
    • the netflix "are you still watching?" message popping up when it's out of reach.
    • ripe avocado timing. impossible to get this right.
    • around 4 o'clock when you go to get your daily icecap at tim hortons and they've decided to clean the machine so it's not available.
    • people who don't like bacon.

I'm sure there's more. I'll be back.

• @Tegs Heh, the netflix thing gets me every time. Wholly agree too on bacon, how could anyone (Who eats meat mind you) hate bacon!?

• This post is deleted!

• @Tegs said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

• people who don't like bacon.

@ZyloWolfBane said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

@Tegs Heh, the netflix thing gets me every time. Wholly agree too on bacon, how could anyone (Who eats meat mind you) hate bacon!?

The vegetarian shuffles in, looking shifty and a bit green.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

@Tegs Heh, the netflix thing gets me every time. Wholly agree too on bacon, how could anyone (Who eats meat mind you) hate bacon!?

I dont hate bacon, but I hate the bacon love bandwagon. Most bandwagons I hate. Zombie bandwagon especially. "Zombie Response Vehicle"...sure thing dude...

I never had a problem with bacon or zombies but people's blind undying love for them oversaturates the market with their product. Countless zombie games and movies. Bacon on everything. Bacon tastes great, but let's move on please.

• @matt Oh I agree, I love bacon but I don't love it on/in everything.

Bacon on a burger? Awesome. Bacon on my Pizza? Less awesome, covers up everything in the cheese/sauce/other toppings.

• Nintendo is only living on nostalgia. It hadn't made a first class game in years and even the new Zelda would not be half as talked about, if it wouldn't have names Zelda and Nintendo next to it.

People who dismiss videogames as stupid and not respecting people that love them
    That, and people who overall don't respect others' opinions and think their mindset is the only right one.

Ubisoft's downgrade

Education system

Economy

EZA streams when I can't watch them, because of timezones.

No man's sky delays

Zombies/undead overuse

Wtf Britain!?!?

• -How no one in the games journalism industry can talk about the Souls game without saying "they're sooooo hard!" and forget to actually talk about anything else that makes those games great.
    -How a majority of developers nowadays are prioritizing story over new game mechanics, or even ones that are solid. I love a good story, but don't forget that you are making a GAME.
    -The overabundance of open world when only a handful really get it right
    -Not enough attention in games media on japanese titles and having their excuse be "they don't bring in the clicks" probably because you don't ever talk about them so nobody knows they exist.
    -Bioware announcing the new Mass Effect 3 years ago and to this day we still have no definitive gameplay video

• People who hate a game for no other reason then it being popular to do so.
    The fact that some censorship drama takes away from enjoying really good games.
    When someone argues with me about my opinion.
    That damned patronizing Netflix message. Yes I'm still watching!
    Persona 5 isn't coming out til next year!
    When someone tries to tell me that a game is terrible purely because the graphics aren't perfect.

• Persona 5 being that far off is pure suffering. On top of that early 2017 is now stacked with things I want due to delays and simply things being put there. Springtime is now the new fall. And I can fully agree with almost every point you have there. I don't like censorship in games, but some people wont shut up about it when all you wanna do is talk about how the game is great.

• @Nillend said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

Nintendo is only living on nostalgia. It hadn't made a first class game in years and even the new Zelda would not be half as talked about, if it wouldn't have names Zelda and Nintendo next to it.

Pikmin 3 and Splatoon have shown that The Big N can still put out quality and original games, but I agree that the quantity has dropped, and that they're behind the times on major innovations.

Just look at the all-time classics they once put out in a 3-year period (based on North American dates):

Super Mario 64
    Wave Race 64

Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64

1080° Snowboarding
    F-Zero X
    Ocarina Of Time

Since then, they've relied heavily on unoriginal sequels, second-party developers, and casual experiences. They've been late on online and open world, and say that specs don't matter when it clearly hampered the Wii U, and the PS4 and PC have been booming.

That Red Ocean is bluer than you think...

• I hate people who actively yuck on peoples' yums. And no, this is not a shot at this thread. I'm talking about the people who constantly are like "I can't believe you actually like that, why are you so excited, the thing you like is really dumb/juvenile" and just generally act like an asshole.

For my current beef with the world though, I hate the economy right now. I was laid off back in February and I'm still actively looking for a job. I'm running out of benefits and I'm getting more and more stressed out over my lack of financial security.

• I hate what just happened in the UK. I really can't see anything good coming from their split.

• @Tommynaut21 said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

Persona 5 being that far off is pure suffering. On top of that early 2017 is now stacked with things I want due to delays and simply things being put there. Springtime is now the new fall. And I can fully agree with almost every point you have there. I don't like censorship in games, but some people wont shut up about it when all you wanna do is talk about how the game is great.

Yeah, For Honor and Persona 5 on the same day? It kills me!

My opinion on the censorship issue is different than others, since I know people who don't like anything to be changed. It's important to them, which is valid. For me, as long as the story isn't changed, and the gameplay is the same, then it's not censorship. Unless of course the creators speak out against a costume change. Then I'm fully on their side. I think a lot of these arguments could be solved by having seperate DLC, free of course, that puts the offending items back in. That way Nintendo and other companies can sell a more "family friendly" game, but the fans of the original vision can have that too. Of course, I don't know if that would really work, or be feasible from a business standpoint.