Enter The Negative Zone.

• This post is deleted!

• @Tegs said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

• people who don't like bacon.

@ZyloWolfBane said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

@Tegs Heh, the netflix thing gets me every time. Wholly agree too on bacon, how could anyone (Who eats meat mind you) hate bacon!?

The vegetarian shuffles in, looking shifty and a bit green.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

@Tegs Heh, the netflix thing gets me every time. Wholly agree too on bacon, how could anyone (Who eats meat mind you) hate bacon!?

I dont hate bacon, but I hate the bacon love bandwagon. Most bandwagons I hate. Zombie bandwagon especially. "Zombie Response Vehicle"...sure thing dude...

I never had a problem with bacon or zombies but people's blind undying love for them oversaturates the market with their product. Countless zombie games and movies. Bacon on everything. Bacon tastes great, but let's move on please.

• @matt Oh I agree, I love bacon but I don't love it on/in everything.

Bacon on a burger? Awesome. Bacon on my Pizza? Less awesome, covers up everything in the cheese/sauce/other toppings.

• Nintendo is only living on nostalgia. It hadn't made a first class game in years and even the new Zelda would not be half as talked about, if it wouldn't have names Zelda and Nintendo next to it.

People who dismiss videogames as stupid and not respecting people that love them
    That, and people who overall don't respect others' opinions and think their mindset is the only right one.

Ubisoft's downgrade

Education system

Economy

EZA streams when I can't watch them, because of timezones.

No man's sky delays

Zombies/undead overuse

Wtf Britain!?!?

• -How no one in the games journalism industry can talk about the Souls game without saying "they're sooooo hard!" and forget to actually talk about anything else that makes those games great.
    -How a majority of developers nowadays are prioritizing story over new game mechanics, or even ones that are solid. I love a good story, but don't forget that you are making a GAME.
    -The overabundance of open world when only a handful really get it right
    -Not enough attention in games media on japanese titles and having their excuse be "they don't bring in the clicks" probably because you don't ever talk about them so nobody knows they exist.
    -Bioware announcing the new Mass Effect 3 years ago and to this day we still have no definitive gameplay video

• People who hate a game for no other reason then it being popular to do so.
    The fact that some censorship drama takes away from enjoying really good games.
    When someone argues with me about my opinion.
    That damned patronizing Netflix message. Yes I'm still watching!
    Persona 5 isn't coming out til next year!
    When someone tries to tell me that a game is terrible purely because the graphics aren't perfect.

• Persona 5 being that far off is pure suffering. On top of that early 2017 is now stacked with things I want due to delays and simply things being put there. Springtime is now the new fall. And I can fully agree with almost every point you have there. I don't like censorship in games, but some people wont shut up about it when all you wanna do is talk about how the game is great.

• @Nillend said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

Nintendo is only living on nostalgia. It hadn't made a first class game in years and even the new Zelda would not be half as talked about, if it wouldn't have names Zelda and Nintendo next to it.

Pikmin 3 and Splatoon have shown that The Big N can still put out quality and original games, but I agree that the quantity has dropped, and that they're behind the times on major innovations.

Just look at the all-time classics they once put out in a 3-year period (based on North American dates):

Super Mario 64
    Wave Race 64

Mario Kart 64
    Star Fox 64

1080° Snowboarding
    F-Zero X
    Ocarina Of Time

Since then, they've relied heavily on unoriginal sequels, second-party developers, and casual experiences. They've been late on online and open world, and say that specs don't matter when it clearly hampered the Wii U, and the PS4 and PC have been booming.

That Red Ocean is bluer than you think...

• I hate people who actively yuck on peoples' yums. And no, this is not a shot at this thread. I'm talking about the people who constantly are like "I can't believe you actually like that, why are you so excited, the thing you like is really dumb/juvenile" and just generally act like an asshole.

For my current beef with the world though, I hate the economy right now. I was laid off back in February and I'm still actively looking for a job. I'm running out of benefits and I'm getting more and more stressed out over my lack of financial security.

• I hate what just happened in the UK. I really can't see anything good coming from their split.

• @Tommynaut21 said in Enter The Negative Zone.:

Persona 5 being that far off is pure suffering. On top of that early 2017 is now stacked with things I want due to delays and simply things being put there. Springtime is now the new fall. And I can fully agree with almost every point you have there. I don't like censorship in games, but some people wont shut up about it when all you wanna do is talk about how the game is great.

Yeah, For Honor and Persona 5 on the same day? It kills me!

My opinion on the censorship issue is different than others, since I know people who don't like anything to be changed. It's important to them, which is valid. For me, as long as the story isn't changed, and the gameplay is the same, then it's not censorship. Unless of course the creators speak out against a costume change. Then I'm fully on their side. I think a lot of these arguments could be solved by having seperate DLC, free of course, that puts the offending items back in. That way Nintendo and other companies can sell a more "family friendly" game, but the fans of the original vision can have that too. Of course, I don't know if that would really work, or be feasible from a business standpoint.

• I really despise when people question the point of consoles. I don't have the patience, time or money for a PC. And just because your PC can play Counter Strike at a million billion frames per second and at ten jillion resolution, doesn't mean consoles are shit.

• A few things I can't stand:

• When that one guy from that popular non-Allies gaming channel shoehorns his political beliefs into nearly every episode. You know who I mean. Way to annoy half your audience, dude.
    • When my kids drink all my Diet Coke.
    • The general lack of innovation in game design. Granted, new gameplay styles crop up, sometimes entirely new genres are invented, but those are then copied for years. I mean, when we're finally done with a decade of WWII FPS games, and we make it through the following 5 years of "modern" FPS's, the next big thing is...a WWI FPS. Revolutionary! I hope they find a way to put zombies in it.
    • When the firehouse across the street from me tests their sirens. They seem to know exactly when I'm trying to take a nap.
    • People driving slowly in the left lane on the interstate.
    • Being out of homing missiles when someone is driving slowly in the left lane on the interstate.
    • When people confuse world building with storytelling. I don't care how detailed your lore is, if the plot is "trying to find the person the bad guys kidnapped at the very beginning but every step of the search is hindered by overly long fetch/kill/rescue quests for ancillary characters," that's just lazy writing. Please stop praising it.
    • When bad games get good reviews. I'm looking at you, Resistance 2.

There's more, but that's a pretty good start.

• Not wanting to hurt anyones feelings, but I can't stand it when people hold Nintendo up as some almighty being, and also coddle them as their an infant child. Sickens me.

• Hype...
    In every way shape or form.

If I'm reading a review and they even mention the word hype I just stop reading the review.
    In my opinion hype is a personal thing. If a game does live up to "the hype" that is your own fault never the game. The only exception is if they lie or have false advertising

• Oh, I got a good one:

Defy Media

Couldn't resist :D

• Censorship HANG ON HEAR ME OUT!

I'm sick and tired of all the people jumping on the censorship bandwagon saying things like "I won't buy it because it's censored" and "Thanks for ruining a game with your censorship garbage".

The most recent complaint being over Tokyo Mirage where people attack other people for wanting to play it. Have people really become so close minded that a few alterations really sways your opinion so much? Yes censorship sucks, I'm all for media never getting censored because that means altering the creators vision, some argue some alterations can be good which may be so but is that for one person to decide? Should some group of people be allowed to tell you what is ok and what is not? I don't think so. So yeah censorship sucks BUT! and this is a big BUT.

Should censorship influence your enjoyment? HECK NO! I'd much rather play an altered game than not play it at all. Honestly I didn't even think Tokyo Mirage would come to the west because it's so heavily steeped in Japanese traditions. So having a chance to play that game has me excited as there are many games like it that will never even see the light of day in the west. Sure XSeed is doing a good job bringing us games to the west that most people wouldn't think we'd ever get but my point is that altering a wedding dress (no matter how dumb the reasoning) is hardly a reason to shun a game. And then going out of your way, rallying more people to not buy it because of those reasons is just mind numbing to me. The less people buy a product the more a company sees that these game's aren't worth bringing to the west. I'm not saying people should just buy games in hopes for more games, I'm saying people should honestly ask themselves if those alterations are worth passing on a game over.

I love Castlevania on the NES even though it was altered, never minded the changes in Earthbound, Bars being changed to Cafe hardly made me throw a fit and having the dude say "Oh! My Car" instead of "Oh! My God" didn't make me boycott Street Fighter 2.

It seems that people are just getting angry for the sake of being angry. As long as the core mechanic isn't changed then I don't see a problem with altering something. Again, sure it sucks but at least we are getting the opportunity to play the games.

Then again maybe I'm just old and don't see the point of making an elephant out of a mosquito.

• @ChaoticMeltdown

I think most people here(at least I hope so) are angry because of the fact that the game got censored. Not angry on the game itself.
    Censorships obstructs a game from being in the way that the creators wanted it to be. So it's not that the game is bad now, but rather the fact that we got denied the intended (probably better) version of the game.

• @Tegs Bacon is overrated as fuck, like i like bacon, but its not amazing.