Super Mario Odyssey - Hopes and Dreams

• Time to get the hype train rolling! We already saw several promising locales, and it seems like the sky's the limit as far as levels go. So what other types of locations would you like to see in Super Mario Odyssey? How about mechanics? Power-ups? Enemies? Activities?

Personally, as long as we get a glorious water stage, I'll be a happy man.

• I just hope Mario finds a real woman in New Donk City and gets to kiss her.

alt textalt text

I always knew Bowser and Charlie had something in common.

• The mix between real humans and Mario is kinda weird, admittedly, but the rest of the game looks reaaally good.
    Dapper Bowser is best Bowser.

• Despite how tone deaf i thought 90% of that event was, no doubt Mario Odyssey and Zelda look like great games. For those of you who like Nintendo enough to buy a switch, both of those seem like no-brainer must have titles.

• So far this is my system seller (and tbh the only 2017 Nintendo game I'm hyped about), but that also means I will not buy the system before this game is available.
    I just hope the hat isn't an annoyance like FLUDD was to me.

I do want it to have missions, it doesn't has to be like previous 3D Mario games where you enter a level and choose a star (but I wouldn't mind), maybe you get the missions GTA like in that town from people which lead you to the several other areas.
    NO TIME LIMITS
    Yoshi please
    I hope Rosalina is also in the game.

• @TokyoSlim That still makes those 210 dollar games.

• @Musou-Tensei Totally forgot about Yoshi! And I would almost guarantee time limits are gone here, since that would counter the whole premise of freedom and exploration. And the FLUDD is a wonderful thing.

• The visual style gave me mad Sonic 06 vibes, which would be a terrible thing most of the time, but Pimp Bowser leads me to believe there'll be enough camp humour to make it excellent and well not Sonic 06 that's for sure.

I want to know how you traverse between New Donk City and the various levels so bad it's not funny, and the potential for sidestories constructed within the world is amazing. Super hyped about this game and the possibility of two Nintendo Switch games being legitimate GOTY contenders in the first year of its release.

• @Nesnomis I know, but there are people who'd buy the Switch if it only launched with Milk. Those people don't care.

• @TokyoSlim I should have made a Milk hype thread instead

• @Billy Milk is a system seller. (If your system is cookies and/or cereal)

• All I'm saying is Milk better be around at every Allies meet-up from now on. I want to gaze into all of your eyes while I pretend to milk a virtual cow.

• I want to ride on Yoshi
    • Super Luigi Odyssey DLC
    • A hidden reference to another game similar to Paper Mario in Super Mario 64
    • Secret Areas
    • A retro world
    • Three Bowser boss fights and two mini Bowser Jr boss fights

That is about it for me.

• I want each area to have its own distinct art direction. Each world in the trailer showcases this, and I hope they keep it up for the full game.

I'm hoping that the worlds are packed with secrets and collectibles, and its not just big areas.

Give us the ability to skip cutscenes.

Most important - be challenging in your main game! Have a difficulty curve! No more of this "main game is super easy so everybody can beat it and then we'll lock the good levels behind a wall that requires 100% completion" garbage

• It looks like a much needed change from the NSMB games. And shows Nintendo isn't yet out of ideas for Mario. Glad that there's more to the game than the city, as that immediately gave me a reminder of Sonic Adventure.

• I need me a good-ass snow level/area.

• All they had to do was show me that camera angle and they've satisfied all my hopes and dreams. I have more faith in Nintendo's level/game design than I do in any other company. This is going to be great.

• Pretty much this for me:

alt text

• Will Mario wear a fedora?

Someone mentioned if the game ended in Mario and Peach getting married finally, and I think that'd be one hell of an emotional moment after all these years, especially if Bowser sort of planned the whole thing and was secretly throwing a wedding/honeymoon for Mario and Peach, or Peach planned it and Bowser helped her pull off the surprise.

I just want the game to have interesting new enemies and bosses. I want the worlds to feel good to sandbox around in. A couple of the moves look like they need some work. The dive looks more like an airdash right now. I also want to be surprised when I see that next thing the game has to show instead of "oh it's this fight again". I'm honestly not as on board about this game as the rest of you right now, and I'm kind of afraid it might get delayed to early 2018 and doom the console, but I'm trying to remain hopeful.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.