I want to talking about Digimon

• Problem is that, I don't know this topic is gaming discussion or not. Main subject is personal thoughts and minor comparisons with Pokemon so it's a gaming discussion I think, but my focus is mostly on v-pet. And I don't want to treat virtual pet like a video game.

So, I asking two things on here.

1. Should I make a topic on gaming discussion or just write down here?
    2. Do you have anything to talk about Digimon? Do you even know it? Recently I find out many people actually don't know Digimon. I'm not a biggiest fan or anything but It's sad that Digimon is one-hit wonder kind of thing for many people.

I hope you read this fine. My English skill is not reaching there yet.

• I don't know anything about Digimon (or Pokemon) or v-pet but I have to say your username is very interesting :D

• Global Moderator

@Dott-Winial-A.-P. Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm sure there's a few here that are fans of Digimon (there are definitely Pokemon fans here).

I think it's ok in general discussion as both Poke/Digimon aren't just video games.

And if English isn't your first language I think you've done pretty well. Stick with it and it will only improve!

• Global Moderator

I am not sure if Digimon were a game or anime first?

However, funny little story. I remember back in the day when the first season got aired on TV. I watched it every morning before school whilst having breakfast, me and this girl in class lived close enough so we could finish each episode before class. Meanwhile others missed the last 10 min, so we could keep the others on a leach and spoil things if people were mean (everyone watched it). I also remember the last episode (wont spoil that haha) and we both came to school crying. It was so sad and emotinall. All these years later it is an ending which still sticks with me!

About the games I only played a bit of a PS2 (I think) game which I didnt understand much of so never got very far

• What?! Digimon a one hit wonder! Preposterous!!!
    There might be a lot of franchises I like but only one I consider myself a fan of – and this is Digimon. I really have a deep emotional connection with let’s say the first 3 seasons. Watching Digimon Tri now and when I saw the scene where the kids met their Partners at the airport for the first time in years I actually cried, a lot. I find it really fascination how not only the main characters but also their Digimons each have a distinctive personality beyond being mere stereotypes. Same is somewhat true for their parents. (And even in Digimon tri Taichis mother is A+….)
    For Games I played Digimon World, Digimon World 2003, Digimon Rumble Arena on PS1, Digimon World 4 for PS2 and way later Digimon World Dusk for the Nintendo DS. Also I tried a fan sub of a PSP game. In the first Digimon world game the Digimon were more like pets that you had to feed and they sleep and have to go to the toilet, same as the PSP game. But today I find the mechanic and also how you have to train the Digimon quite repetitive and not fun, especially because they die after 10 to 15 days. But 2003 and Dusk are more like Pokemon games and quite enjoyable.
    Also for the 20th anniversary there is a new V-pet Toy that was introduced with a month long Countdown – I was so disappointed^^

• @Ikataishou Nice to meet you, big fan of Digimon! As I said I'm not the biggest fan or anything, but I also love first 3 seasons. Like, who doesn't? :D But I hope you not disappointed on 20th anniversary. That V-Pet is my beginning of love, so I pre-order it both. :)

@LOTIAS Digimon is actually virtual pet first. Bandai make it after success of Tamagotchi I believe. And yes, that ending was sentimental, if you will. I was dumb kid who think crying is not cool so I try to hold myself hard though. And your little story make me envy you a little because I never have that kind of friend when I was young.

@MCRMJ Thanks you to answer. :) English is definitely not my first language, and it getting better and better I feel.

@Ivanhoe Oh yeah, you can just call me Dott. I made up some stupidly long name for myself and keep the family name. Even though I shorten it as a 'P.'. And I believe English allow me to have two middle name. Nice to meet you. :D

• @Lotias said in I want to talking about Digimon:

I am not sure if Digimon were a game or anime first?

However, funny little story. I remember back in the day when the first season got aired on TV. I watched it every morning before school whilst having breakfast, me and this girl in class lived close enough so we could finish each episode before class. Meanwhile others missed the last 10 min, so we could keep the others on a leach and spoil things if people were mean (everyone watched it). I also remember the last episode (wont spoil that haha) and we both came to school crying. It was so sad and emotinall. All these years later it is an ending which still sticks with me!

About the games I only played a bit of a PS2 (I think) game which I didnt understand much of so never got very far

It was a toy first (I actually have one!) then the TV show from which the video game market exploded with Digimon games and monster raising clones on PS1 at least in north america, I'm sure it started much earlier in japan.

• Thread theme

Youtube Video

• @parasitepaladin wow I'm not listening this song much more than a year and I can sing along easily.