Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?

• Ori and the Blind forrest. Especially now with the Definitive Edition. Beatiful and fun game with an amazing Soundtrack.

• I replay Star Fox 64 almost every year, as well as Super Mario 64, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Vectorman, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Mario 3, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

• I always pick up Persona 3 Portable again. Once a year I try to hit Space Channel 5, Super Paper Mario, and Super Mario Galaxy. And I play Pokemon year round.

• till this day the only Zelda game I finished more than once is Skyward Sword and I'm planing to go back and finish it again on hero mode later, those controls are just so good.

• I don't know why but I keep replaying Pokemon Ruby. It just feels like a much simpler time for Pokemon.

• I've been itching to play Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 recently. The former because I have yet to finish the game on its highest difficulty (halfway done with that playthrough).

• Deadspace, Final fantasy VI and Tales of Vesperia are the ones I return to most just due to fond memories while playing them.

• Metroid Prime, Everytime!!!
    Also, I've been craving wind waker, killer 7 and kirby 64 ^ ^

• @Cloudid Holy shit, those're exactly the same ones I'm thinking of.

A...are you me?

• @MrNovember ...maybe?
    Haha, yeah. Metroid Prime is probably my favourite gcn game. That's just what's on my mind lately. Love the KC pic btw ^ ^

• @Cloudid thank you

• Alan Wake is so good! It's one of the only games I've ever felt compelled to 100%, the collectibles offered so much more depth to the story, and playing through on the hardest difficulties gave you extra story content!

Such a good game, Remedy seems super passionate about the franchise, I really hope they are thinking of going with a full sequel!
    alt text

• Up until a few years ago I still replayed Halo and Bioshock rather frequently.. I think those are probably my most replayed games.

I haven't replayed anything recently but I've been thinking about starting a new Witcher 3 game or trying Oblivion again. I also need to restart Skyward Sword.. I never finished it

• Banned

I love me some Final Fantasy IX, Megaman Legends, Wind Waker, Dark Cloud 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Those are my comfort games. You know, like comfort food. Only in game form.

• Doom every Christmas (although I don't get around to finishing it). Symphony of the Night every few years. The first Persona I've completed about 3 times, thinking about another run of that. Eagerly awaiting some sort of Bioshock collection to get released so I can run through those again. By far though, the game I always end up going back to is Final Fantasy Tactics. No matter what mood I'm in, diving into that game is always a memorable experience.

• Do the Civilization games count? I almost want to say they shouldn't, but... :)

I've purchased and beat A Link to the Past with the last two Wii consoles, because it was there and I still have more fun with that Zelda than a lot of others.

• I fall into a Pokemon void every few years. It brings my backlog progress to a screeching halt for at least a few months. The first time it happened I built a complete loving Dex in Platinum. The second time was last year and I worked on breeding competitive Pokemon that I will never use because battling is too stressful. I still like to pretend like I'm the collector from the 2nd movie. I've got the most powerful Pokemon.

• @benoit489 I"m playing through Pokemon Black for the hell of it. Probably my favorite generation.

• At some point I need to replay Shenmue again, since that game deserves a yearly playthrough.

• This year has been the year of Pokemon for me. Replayed Yellow, picked up Omega Sapphire, and replaying X right now. Man, so goooooood