Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?

• @MrNovember ...maybe?
    Haha, yeah. Metroid Prime is probably my favourite gcn game. That's just what's on my mind lately. Love the KC pic btw ^ ^

• @Cloudid thank you

• Alan Wake is so good! It's one of the only games I've ever felt compelled to 100%, the collectibles offered so much more depth to the story, and playing through on the hardest difficulties gave you extra story content!

Such a good game, Remedy seems super passionate about the franchise, I really hope they are thinking of going with a full sequel!
    alt text

• Up until a few years ago I still replayed Halo and Bioshock rather frequently.. I think those are probably my most replayed games.

I haven't replayed anything recently but I've been thinking about starting a new Witcher 3 game or trying Oblivion again. I also need to restart Skyward Sword.. I never finished it

• Banned

I love me some Final Fantasy IX, Megaman Legends, Wind Waker, Dark Cloud 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Those are my comfort games. You know, like comfort food. Only in game form.

• Doom every Christmas (although I don't get around to finishing it). Symphony of the Night every few years. The first Persona I've completed about 3 times, thinking about another run of that. Eagerly awaiting some sort of Bioshock collection to get released so I can run through those again. By far though, the game I always end up going back to is Final Fantasy Tactics. No matter what mood I'm in, diving into that game is always a memorable experience.

• Do the Civilization games count? I almost want to say they shouldn't, but... :)

I've purchased and beat A Link to the Past with the last two Wii consoles, because it was there and I still have more fun with that Zelda than a lot of others.

• I fall into a Pokemon void every few years. It brings my backlog progress to a screeching halt for at least a few months. The first time it happened I built a complete loving Dex in Platinum. The second time was last year and I worked on breeding competitive Pokemon that I will never use because battling is too stressful. I still like to pretend like I'm the collector from the 2nd movie. I've got the most powerful Pokemon.

• @benoit489 I"m playing through Pokemon Black for the hell of it. Probably my favorite generation.

• At some point I need to replay Shenmue again, since that game deserves a yearly playthrough.

• This year has been the year of Pokemon for me. Replayed Yellow, picked up Omega Sapphire, and replaying X right now. Man, so goooooood

• @Inustar said in Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?:

Mass Effect. It's the only game I replay over and over again.
    It's like a fave book or movie, I just want to experience the characters and story over again.

I WANT to play that whole series again but when I try I just can't. "THIS ISN'T THE REAL SHEPARD! THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED! THIS IS ALL WRONG!" =D

• @vanti said in Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?:

@Inustar said in Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?:

Mass Effect. It's the only game I replay over and over again.
    It's like a fave book or movie, I just want to experience the characters and story over again.

I WANT to play that whole series again but when I try I just can't. "THIS ISN'T THE REAL SHEPARD! THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED! THIS IS ALL WRONG!" =D

Yeah I imagine that can be really hard after your "canon" run

• @parasitepaladin said in Games you feel compelled to go back and replay?:

At some point I need to replay Shenmue again, since that game deserves a yearly playthrough.

Yes. All of the yes. I've been holding off playing it lately as I'm hoping/waiting for a remaster before Shenmue III.

I'd also add Bioshock Infinite, so glad they just announced they're coming to the new consoles.

• Deadly Premonition. The story is engrossing and the weirdness of the game encapsulates that Twin Peaks vibe with a Japanese twist. About to try and do another run for that platinum trophy.

• I always end up going back to some Pokemon Game, usually Gen 1 or 2, although I've been thinking of going back to Platinum sometime. I also always feel compelled to go back and play Kingdom Hearts and Zelda Games, whether I haven't gotten it 100%, done a 3 heart run, or just see some story elements again.

• There's not really much in my collection that I can honestly say I won't ever go back and replay, it's why I keep everything. I can't think of anything too specific that I just can't seem to keep away from though. Maybe something like Space Channel 5: Parts 1 & 2, I guess I do have a tendency to throw those on a little more often than anything else.

• I want to replay the whole main entries of the Assassin's Creed saga and make a critical analisys of it.

• God, I wish I had the time to replay games with my massive backlog (first world problem)

I'd love to go back and replay Suikoden I, II, III, and V. These are some of my favorite games ever. I've only played through the original multiple times, and I missed a few Stars of Destiny in II and V on my only playthroughs.

Other than that, I'd like to replay Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (HD version that I bought and haven't opened).

There's dozens more but I won't go into them.

• Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodline.

One of the first things I do whenever I get a new computer is install the damn thing so I can play it whenever the desire arises.