Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

• I made thread to make people notice how developers done great job.

Gravity Rush 2, runs smoothly even with all crazy physics going and how huge the world is and the best part, they done this with out day one patch. These days most games are not functional with out one.

This game also has lot costume but as far i know none of them are DLC, theses costume can be unlock with in the game, which again is very rare these days. heck!!! even one of my favourite developers Atlus had bunch of DLC costumes for Persona 5. the only DLC we are getting is 5h Story about Raven and thats completely free.

They also never been through development hell, this game was already done development in November and the only reason this game even got delayed because other huge title coming out almost same month.

And yet these developers never got any recognition and the game itself is barely getting any coverage. I feel like these developers is actually getting punished for doing great job.

It seems to me that these days games don't get lot of coverage unless it going through in some kind of development hell. As much as I love Last guardian, that game got most coverage because it took soo long to come out. same thing happened with Duke nukem Forever but unlike TLG that game end up becoming crap.

So what u guys think about all this?

• @Danjin44 said in Gravity Rush 2's Developers appreciation.:

Gravity Rush 2, runs smoothly even with all crazy physics going and how huge the world is and the best part, they done this with out day one patch. These days most games are not functional with out one.

They also never been through development hell, this game was already done development in November and the only reason this game even got delayed because other huge title coming out almost same month.

Admittedly, A is likely because of B. Not only were huge games coming out the same month, Gravity Rush 2's original release date was the week between Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian's final dates. It got delayed after those two games got delayed to the final days of November and early December so it could have half a chance in hell at some sales. The developers being as patient and on-time as you mentioned, their day one patch was probably put into the game after its delay.

• @Haru17 said in Gravity Rush 2's Developers appreciation.:

@Danjin44 said in Gravity Rush 2's Developers appreciation.:

Admittedly, A is likely because of B. Not only were huge games coming out the same month, Gravity Rush 2's original release date was the week between Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian's final dates. It got delayed after those two games got delayed to the final days of November and early December so it could have half a chance in hell at some sales. The developers being as patient and on-time as you mentioned, their day one patch was probably put into the game after its delay.

U might be right about that but also if I remember correctly, didn't FFXV got the last delay because didn't want to put day one patch? But they still end up putting day one patch anyway.

• Still need to get the first one...I almost got it on amazon, it was dropping to around 22 bucks, I didn't get it, it went back up to 30 and I figured I'd wait, apparently its out of stock now and I can only get a digital code or over pay for it

• Uuuuurrrgh I wanna get this game right away; I have the money, but this College Quarter has already gotten me so busy.

It's great to see/read that the game doesn't have a day one patch. I also really appreciate Japan Studio for the games they make. I love Gravity Rush and their other games are so unique and visually interesting; they really appeal to me. I adore Patapon's art style and the little I've seen of Puppeteer looks amaze-balls. I should buy it one day just to have it.

• As well as SIE Japan Studio, Gravity Rush is also made by Team Gravity/Siren, the developers behind the Siren series of horror games.

• I just started playing the first game and I've also read some interviews with the devs.

I honestly hope this game does well enough since games like these are needed. New original fun IPs with unique mechanics.
    I also respect the devs for not milking the series and setting their sights once again on something new after Gravity Rush 2.

I feel like this is a bit in a similar situation like Valkyria Chronicles (1) and it's a game/series I feel deserves more attention and years from now when more people start giving it a shot they will wonder "Why don't we get more like this?".