Best games playable on vita?

• Hey there friends,

I've been pretty bummed about missing almost this entire generation of games, but then I realized I have so much missing from my backlog that I should stop whining and do something about it. Assuming ebay doesn't screw me, I should be getting a vita in the next couple of weeks (quick shout out to @Billy for planting this idea-seed in my head a few months back). I figure this is a good way to fill out a lot of the holes in my gaming history, since the only game I ever played on the original playstation was Tekken over at my friend's house growing up. However, I realize that there's much more to the console than just PS1 games, and I thought I'd throw it over to the community here for some suggestions. Here are the games that I already think I want for the system:

Persona 4 Golden
    Final Fantasy X HD
    Final Fantasy 7-9
    Suikoden Series
    Metal Gear Solid (I saw there was an HD collection available, is that true?)
    Chrono Cross (Chrono Trigger is the best game of all time, in my opinion)

And then the auction I won also includes the Uncharted vita game, mortal kombat vita, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. In any case, your help would be greatly appreciated. It's safe to assume I've played NO games from the original playstation, PSP, Vita, or even the PS2 (if there are remasters and stuff that are compatible with the vita).

• trails of cold steel 1 and 2

• I adore Persona 4 Golden, but in my opinion Persona 3 Portable is just as good of a re-release/upgrade if not better! It's about equal with FES if we're talking checks and balances. Portable loses the ability to roam around but gains FemProtag (who is best Protag) and all of the new social links that come with her. I'd say, definitely give it a shot.

I'd also suggest the Danganronpa games. A lot of people are waiting for 1.2 Reloaded on PS4 but I'd suggest the vita version of 1.2. DR is great as a grab and go game and the trials are kind of made for the touch screen.

• @michemagius So, uh, now that I have the ability to play it, I feel like I should finally ask for someone to explain what DR is to me. All I know is that there's a funky looking mascot and it has something to do with puzzles

• My idea-seed has blossomed! I forgot all about it, to be honest. :) Are you in the US, mayhap? PSN is having a flash sale, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is only $4. That's another great one to consider. Persona 3: Portable is also part of that sale.

You have some good picks already, and yes, there is a MGS HD Collection. It has Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Peace Walker.

• Half Minute Hero
    ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
    Gravity Rush (assuming you don't have a PS4 and can't play Remastered)
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Locoroco
    Tearaway
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase
    Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (never really got into the other games for some reason but this was legitimately my GOTY 2013 and I dumped like 100 hours into it between the PS3 and Vita versions)

• Severed
    Rogue Legacy
    Nuclear Throne

There are probably others I'd recommend, but I probably play them on PC or another console.

• @naltmank Hahahaha, DR is a lot more than that. If you really want to know, I'd be happy to try and explain in a relatively spoiler free way.

• @Billy I'm not in America, but I heard that if I connect to a US PSN account I can access the US playstation store. My little brother has one back in the states, so I was just planning on using his. Regarding symphony of the night, I might not be able to get it in time - my estimate delivery is between 1/31 and 2/7. Are there frequently sales like this? I looked online and Child of Light is also available for super cheap.

@michemagius that'd actually be great. I know story is super important, but I also have no clue what it's about or how it plays.

• Global Moderator

I really really enjoyed Tearaway

But you also got games such as:
    Escape Plan - really fun puzzle game with short levels which really uses the Vitas functions in a cool way
    Killzone Mercenarys - Guerilla Cambridge's fun FPS game (just too bad the studio just shut)
    YS: Memories of Celceta - quite good JRPG

There are also a bunch of PS1 games you can pick up which I recommend, but will only focus on Vita titles for now :)

• @naltmank Yes, you will frequently see flash sales like this. One or two weeks only, but between 40-80% off. You can buy things through the store.playstation.com website also, so maybe you or someone else can access the US page?

• Get Gravity Rush unless you are going to play the remaster on PS4 at some point. Amazing game.
    Get Tearaway even if you plan on playing the PS4 version. They are essentially two different games.
    Killzone Mercenary . Probably one of the best games in the franchise, and probably the best looking handheld game you can play.
    God of War collection. Framerate is kinda meh on Vita but still very enjoyable games.
    Axiom Verge. The 2D Metroid everyone wants and Nintendo lacks the aptitude to make.
    Muramasa. Gorgeous side scrolling hack n slash bliss.
    Trails of Cold Steel. Amazing JRPG series.
    WipEout 2048 unless you plan on playing the Omega collection on PS4.
    Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Great JRPG that just happens to be about Digimon.
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Lack of pressure sensitive button may end up biting you in the ass in certain parts, but otherwise a very good handheld port of two incredible games.
    Titan Souls. A very fun, very hard little boss rush game.
    Shovel Knight. A great, constantly updated platformer.

Now for some PSX goodness.
    Final Fantasy 1-9. Tactics too!
    Breath of Fire 3-4
    Suikoden 1-2
    Silent Hill
    Chrono Trigger/Cross
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night
    Alundra
    Front Mission 3
    Vagrant Story
    Legend of Dragoon
    Spyro 1-3
    Arc the Lad series
    Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
    Mega Man Legends 1-2/The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
    Namco Museum 1-5
    Parasite Eve 1-2/Third Birthday
    Um Jammer Lammy
    Dino Crisis 1-2
    Grandia
    Legend of Mana
    Vib Ribbon
    Wild Arms 1-2
    Xenogears

Probably a ton more I am forgetting, but enjoy!

• Global Moderator

Spelunky is a game I tend to come back to a bit. And other games that I leave there just in case are Rogue Legacy, Sound Shapes, Luftrausers and Geometry Wars 3.

Recently I finished Hitman Go which was great on vita.

I was going through Darkest Dungeon and about to get back into Suikoden 2 but it looks like either my cable is dead or my vita is dead. Which is even more awkward when you travel around. I'm hoping I can find an old model cable somewhere along the way.

• Pretty much every great game for the Vita has been mentioned (even the old gems) so all I have to add is Grand Kingdom.

Welcome to the best handheld in the market!

• I bought it for Persona 4 Golden, and even though I had already played it, I consider it alone was worth getting the Vita.

Aside from that I've really liked the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games, and Trails of Cold Steel is on its way to becoming my second favorite JRPG franchise, so definitively two great options.

• @SabotageTheTruth until march 3rd

• Definitely get Persona 4 Golden! I can also warmheartedly recommend:
    Tearaway. The shear amount of ideas and creativity put into this game is amazing and amazingly charming. This game makes your vita special, because this version cannot be made anywhere else.
    Danganronpa. Fuck this game is japanese. Fuck this game is engrossing and has character.

I have a handful of Vita games, but I've yet to finish them so therefore I won't recommend them. But I've heard Gravity Rush is a good time.

• Funny enough I've spent the past month catching up on Vita games, my recommendations:

• Stranger Of Sword City

• Demon Gaze

• Persona 4 Golden (I bought a vita JUST for this)

• Shiren the wanderer: Tower of fortune and the dice of fate

• Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines

And then just about any PSX classic RPG.

• Thanks so much for the suggestions guys! It's a little intimidating how many games I have to get through now :D

• does persona 4 golden play on playstation tv

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.