Say Something Good About a Game You Otherwise Despise

• Mario 3D Land has good music.

• Battlefront 2015 is beautiful, and sounds amazing.

• FFXIII is one of the most graphically impressive iterations of the series, and the basic setting of the game is an interesting one to explore. FFXII: Revenant Wings had an interesting idea for combat strategy, and I liked the monster summoning mechanics. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter made great use of voice lines in a limited way to give context to the player character and had great level design for each of the dream sequences in a way that felt fun to explore and discover. The game rarely tells you what you need to do, but is very good at leading you in the right direction.

• (Don't kill me, I don't hate it but I just can't play it without getting motion sickness.) Metroid Prime does an excellent job of building a desolate atmosphere.

• Crash Bandicout,

I mildly enjoyed that game but my brother worshiped it. He would play it for hours and i had to wait until he was finished to start my game. It was always a battle i would want to play Metal Gear solid or Saga Frontier or something and he would want to play that game. Drove me up a wall and over time i freaked started to hate that game. That game made me had platformers for a while.

I tried to say something good but it brought up crappy memories.

• The whip and the Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword together made for some of the most novel dungeoneering I've seen in a Zelda game.

• FF13: Learning that moms are tough.

• @Fridge-man said in Say Something Good About a Game You Otherwise Despise:

The voice acting in Haze tickles my laugh glands.
    The final boss in Evil within is neat, the mansion level and hospital hub are really atmospheric.
    Assassin's Creed Revelations features Ezio.
    Knack looked pretty at times.

Really don't have anything other nice to say about those games.

Haze was so bad but still responsible for one of the hardest laughs I've ever had in gaming and favorite coop moment:

my best friend and i got to the final boss, halfway through we managed to corner him against a railing. We are right next to him, eithe side. The AI must have crapped the bed coz we spent the rest of the fight just melee-ing him back and forth between the two of us like some sort of bro shooter tennis. It took forever but we literally just beat the shit out of him till he died. We were in tears laughing so hard. What made it funnier is each thwack would interrupt whatever taunt dialogue he was spurting as it triggered his stumble animation.

• Final Fantasy XIII is absolutely gorgeous.

That's all I can say about it. I blame that game for wrecking my PS3, so that's all you'll get out of me.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Say Something Good About a Game You Otherwise Despise:

@Nillend That was the only thing I liked!
    The characters, story, pacing, performances... EVERYTHING WAS SOO BAAAAD.

Though people think there is something wrong with me when I say that I hated X so much I swore off Square Enix games for almost ten years, but XIII restored my faith in the series...

First off, I've never thought I would meet someone who actually likes Final Fantasy 13. How do you do?

Secondly, I've been playing through FFX HD since I never beat it back in the day, got stuck on a boss since I hadn't grinded enough and gave up, and I'm kind of interested in X-2. And holy shit is FFX cringeworthy. I didn't remember it being this bad. It's like a bad fanfic at times.

• Uncharted is a pretty good looking pile of mediocrity.

• I absolutely loathe Halo, but I appreciate the old school fun of playing Halo against friends on competing consoles.

• FF8 has the best summons and usage build around them

I am a sucker for button smashing sequences

• Akiba's Trip has some ok tracks in it's soundtrack for such a piece of garbage game.

• DMC reboot looked nice

• Blazblue's story mode would make great material for some sort of youtube cringe challenge video.

As a fighting game, shit is tight af... but that story mode...

• Final fantasy 7 has an amazing sound track..... That hurt to type lol.

• Dishonored has a nice art-style opposed to the need for a lot of similar types of games going for the hyper-realistic approach to graphics.

Still terrible though.

• Fallout 4 introduced me to the songs "Atom Bomb Baby" and "The Wanderer."

• @Hazz3r
    Ha ha I really like that game, and not going to argue for it in any way at all, just honestly interested in hearing why you didn't like it.