Glixel Article on Team Ninja's "Nioh" - Really interesting points.

• http://www.glixel.com/news/how-making-nioh-gave-team-ninja-its-groove-back-w462231#

My absolute favorite part of this article is this;

"There's a growing niche of players that want something that's challenging," says Lee. "And I want to give the Souls series and their fans props for keeping the whole scene alive. But having said that, the words 'challenging' and 'difficult' are overused when describing games like ours. It's really easy to make a game that's very difficult. But there's no fun, no joy, no reward in playing a game like that."

Really been enjoying Glixel's articles, Kyle and Ben were not wrong on the latest Frame Trap about Glixel making some great journalism.

• Great article. I always have that issue when trying to recommend Souls games.. its easy to say that they're "hard", but to me "unforgiving" feels like a better term. Nioh feels the same way to me.. its not necessarily hard if you prepare, take your time, and pay attention to your enemies.

Honestly while Nioh had some obvious similarities to the Souls games, it felt completely different to play. I'm glad someone's carrying the torch and continuing to make games like this.

• @Faaip There's many games I stop playing simply because the story isn't compelling enough, and the gameplay is something I can autopilot. Even if I have to actively think while playing something like Dishonored 2, it's not on the same level as something like Nioh or Dark Souls. I haven't finished any Dark Souls game other than the hundreds of hours I spent on Demon Souls though.

Looking forward to jumping into Nioh headfirst. Although Yakuza 0 tonight.

• @Stormcrownn What made you stop playing the other Souls games?

• @Faaip said in Glixel Article on Team Ninja's "Nioh" - Really interesting points.:

?

Nothing dramatic. Mostly, after 200 hours with Demon Souls there were other games to play. I never felt the need to seek out the particular struggle/challenge that Dark Souls offered. Had my fill so to speak. DS 1-3 never changed the formula enough.

The difficulty throughout the game was too frequently just remembering where enemies were, and not enough actual strategy in combat. Combat didn't have enough layers to it.

• @Stormcrownn Ah that makes sense. Demon's Souls is at the top of my to-buy list.. I'm really looking forward to playing that here soon. Gotta get through 2 first though

• @Stormcrownn said in Glixel Article on Team Ninja's "Nioh" - Really interesting points.:

Really been enjoying Glixel's articles, Kyle and Ben were not wrong on the latest Frame Trap about Glixel making some great journalism.

I keep seeing links to this website these days, and they do seem to have some great content. Is it new? What's their story?

• @Axel They are rolling stone's new gaming site.

• @Stormcrownn Oh ok, nice! Gonna check it out regularly then, they're off to a promising start.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.