PSA: Pokemon Bank Now Updated To Support Sun/Moon

• I'm very happy about this, since I'm excited to finally bring over several of my venerable veterans from previous generations. I know it's difficult and cumbersome for them to keep allowing us to carry our Pokemon forward, but I love it so much. Oh, and they're giving away a Z-Crystal for Mew for all Pokemon Bank users, so that's a thing.

Now go complete that National Dex!

• Great news, and perfect timing, I just finished Sun 2 days ago.

We should organize an EZA tournament!

• can we bring them up from red and blue now aswell

• @FF7Cloud Yes, and I found the following info on Serebii:

First, transferred Pokémon will likely have at least 3 max IVs. Their nature will be random and there is a chance that the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. It will also have a unique GameBoy mark.

• Nice! I should probably care about catching them all again. I was so close last gen.

But I thought Sub and Moon doesn't have a national dex??

• Ah crap I didn't get my team out for X and Omega Ruby out so I can do post game stuff in those!

Still, cool to finally be able to bring all my banked Pokemon over into the new games

• Oh dang, time to transfer over my living dex. I need to see all those guys in one place.

• Thanks for the heads up! Just transferred my living dex as well, feels so good to have the gang back on a cart. A few notes:
    -Was moving quick so didn't search thoroughly, but I didn't see any immediate option to pick the digital version of RBY to transfer from.
    -It's true SuMo doesn't have a National dex, at least not that I've found yet, but you can still transfer everyone over. The extras just won't show up in Rotomdex
    -The Mewnium Z is put directly in your game even though it says they gifted it through Mystery Gift. Just pick it up from the guy in the PokeCenter just as if you've already gone through the Mystery Gift process.

• @Dirokia Edit: There is also an update for the Poke Transporter app that you can download from PokeBank. This app will allow you to grab your guys from digital RBY. Be warned, it is a one-way transfer, so make absolute sure you won't want what you're transferring back in the original games at a later point.

• Having to constantly put Pokes into BOX 1 of RBY for the Poke-Transporter is a major drag. If there was any Generation that needed multi-transfer the most it would be Gen 1. There's also the downside of Mew being un-transferable except if you go through a lengthy process to change its OT, and some other stat. I ain't got time for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the support is here. But I feel like this antiquated technology, which was used in the same way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to 6, should've been stamped out by now.

• @I_Make_Big_Boom said in PSA: Pokemon Bank Now Updated To Support Sun/Moon:

Having to constantly put Pokes into BOX 1 of RBY for the Poke-Transporter is a major drag. If there was any Generation that needed multi-transfer the most it would be Gen 1. There's also the downside of Mew being un-transferable except if you go through a lengthy process to change its OT, and some other stat. I ain't got time for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the support is here. But I feel like this antiquated technology, which was used in the same way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to 6, should've been stamped out by now.

I'd say this is probably the best way they could handle it without breaking your save data for RBY. It is annoying but it is better than not being able to do it at all.