The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• If I would have played Trails of Cold Steel earlier, it would have made my list, therefore boosting it higher but... ah well! Still good to see it on the list. I'd also like to see a Cold Steel x Street Fighter crossover game.

• And here I am not knowing anything about Trails of Cold Steel. Wow.

• Street fighter seems a bit high on considering everything negative that was said when it released. I know nothing about Trails, so good job to both.

• @Nillend
    You do know you can pick up a retail copy of SF5 for like $20, swear every other week I see it drop that low on Amazon and Gamestop.

• Would have voted cold steel but, it was a 2015 game in North America.

• #18. Hitman

A wonderful return to form for the series, although I don't appreciate the episodic nature of it personally. It made my top 10, but not my top 5.

#16. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

This was beat out by Fatal Frame V as my GOTY last year, but I happily put it as second. An amazing JRPG really. Despite living in the UK, I imported this from the US due to the fact that I had been pining for it for quite some time (EU was getting it months later) and also the fact that the US had a collectors edition. I got both this and its sequel on the Vita; sucks that the third is PS4 only. (The sequel is on my top 5 list.)

• I really gotta thank this forum for for being partially responsible of convincing me into jumping into the Trails games, I probably won't play the whole series, but I'll likely play any future releases that are standalone for the most part, or at not least not directly tied to one of the previous games.

it is sad to see that such a good series is really underappreciated, but hey word of mouth got me to look into it, and I''m pretty sure I'm not the only one, so hopefully we can get more people to jump in.

• Outside of those here on the forums and Mr. Moore during shows/podcasts, my exposure to both Legend of Heroes and Street Fighter is non-existent. However, seeing SF where it is feels high and LoH feels low, only because of the makeup of this community. Either way, even though I have played neither, I defer to those who voted for them to the games' quality.

• Global Moderator

Ya I've been really tempted to buy trials but I refuse to until I've beaten Suikoden 2 first. It's kind of a rule I have before buying a game. I don't need it right now but it sounds good.

• @Nillend

Street fighter 5 is awesome or at least the gameplay if we had a top 10 list it would have been in there for sure.

• Nice! I didn't expect Street Fighter V to make it this high. I absolutely adore this game. Best game of the generation so far IMHO. It has consumed almost all my gaming time since it released.

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

#15. Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - 14 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (ZyloWolfBane, Sheria)
    #3: 2 (bard91, Stephleref)
    #4: 0
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: June 24 [US/EU]
    Developer: Atlus
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): Wii U

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• As has been heavily documented, I'm not a fan of games in this style, so naturally I didn't play this. However, good on something for the Wii U getting on this list.

• I definitely want to check out Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I'm just starting to play through JRPGs (other than Pokemon and Fire Emblem), so I'm kinda drowning in long games right now. Might be a while before I make it to this one, but I'm excited.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016! (Countdown):

If I would have played Trails of Cold Steel earlier, it would have made my list, therefore boosting it higher but... ah well!

I'm waiting for Trails in the Sky 3rd chapter before I play the Cold Steel games but I have them both on the shelf waiting. They almost certainly would have been high up my list too

• I've been meaning to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions since it came out, but never could find the time to squeeze in a 50-odd hours game in my gaming schedule. Unless it's ported to Switch or something, I'll likely never play it at this point. In terms of JRPGs, I've got FF XV, Persona 5 and DQ VIII at a higher priority.

It's a shame because I'm pretty sure I would love it.

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions was my sixth fave game.
    It was a lot of fun, but sadly it was on Wii U, so I hope a Switch version comes out.

• @Inustar yea it, or i am setsuna would have got my 6th vote

• @Inustar I was hoping that was the case, but now it would honestly piss me a bit off, since I bought a Wii U because of it and other exclusives.

Even though I put it at third I have to admit that I only started it last week, I only had two games to actually put on the list, so the rest I filled it with the games I was the most interested in, I'm glad to say that thus far I'm enjoying it a lot.

• Stardew Valley

#14. Stardew Valley - 14 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 3 (jipostus, Churchy, TheHashtag0nist)
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    #5: 2 (Brandon_Reister, inustar)

Information

Release date: February 26 [US/EU]
    Developer: ConcernedApe
    Publisher: Chucklefish Games
    Genre: Simulation, Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia