The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• @bard91 yea that's the thing with persona 5 right around the corner id wait too. There is a nice yakuza like plot summary on the main menu to freshin you up on the first game if you a bit rusty by then.

• @bard91 Thank you very much for the context!

• Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

#12. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - 15 points

Votes

#1: 2 (parasitepaladin, ZyloWolfBane)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 2 (FF7Cloud, Sieghardt)
    #5: 1 (Tearju Engi)

Information

Release date: February 2 [US], February 5 [EU]
    Developer: Media.Vision
    Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• This is all madness.

• So far I have played one game on this list for more than 30 minutes. It was my GOTY, and it made the list at #18

• Cyber Sleuth is pretty great once you look past its handheld origins (Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it a PSP game, then a expanded version on Vita, which was then ported to PS4), not trying to knock it, although I do wish the visuals had been fined tuned a bit for the PS4 version.

With that said I played the game pretty late into the year (Like Dec 30th) , but I enjoyed it, and it helps ease the pain of P5 being delayed

• Wait, whaaaa? Digimon?

• @Nillend Do not underestimate the game solely by its license, as far as I know, it is a great game, overlooked by many. Haven't played it myself, but I am interested to try it out.

• @jipostus yea its a pretty good smt clone.

• Global Moderator

Digimon?
    alt text

I did NOT expect to see this so high on this list!

• @TokyoSlim None of my games have been on the list yet at all... I'm sure 2 of them are still to come though, especially if we've got Digimon at #12, but if any of the other 3 show up I will be very surprised. 

• To anyone who ever expresses surprise in any list thread, from this point forward, must learn the FIRST rule of this community: Expect the unexpected.

For Digimon specifically, I'm not shocked its on the list, but I AM a little surprised with its place. I feel it would have been a bit lower, still top 20, but not top 15. Either way, I've heard nothing but positive things every time I have heard about it, so bravo to Cyber Sleuth for making it this high.

• @Brannox I think i enjoyed it so much because my expectation of it were so low. i was expecting to see some of my fav digimon from when i was a kid and move on. However the game is so much more then that.

• @FF7Cloud well that's a good way to pick my interest, an SMT clone for consoles with a Digimon theme, which I'm really fond of, makes it sound much more interesting, I had considered it at some point, but decided to pass on it.

• @bard91 The digimon are pretty much demons in SMT. The dungeon design(or lack thereof)and exploration is closer to Persona

• @FF7Cloud Seeing that it has cross save is also a big thumbs up, makes me want to pick it up if I see it for cheap on both PS4 and Vita, specially thinking that I may do some travelling this year.

• I had some problems with Cyber Sleuth (mainly with the difficulty curve, normal battles are way too easy even on hard but some boss battles are total nightmares unless you minmax it even on normal) but it's a great game, totally deserves a place on this list. And I'm not just saying that because it's the only game on here so far that I've actually played.

• @Brannox I added up the points as I received the lists and for a moment there, Digimon was even Top 10! But hey, it's only natural that Kyle Bosman's very own GOTY makes our list. ;)

• INSIDE

#11. INSIDE - 16 points

Votes

#1: 2 (logic__error, MiserablePerson)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 3 (Faaip, Axel, DeweyDecibel)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: June 29 [US/EU]
    Developer: Playdead
    Publisher: Playdead