The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• R&C number 6! Much respect.

• That's an intereating one, I nrver liked R&C games in the past so I pretty much glanced over this, but at least it's good to see people liked it.

Now if only the same could be said of Sly Cooper :(

• @bard91 RIGHT?!?!

• From my post in the 2016 - A Look Back thread.

Ratchet & Clank is a fantastic game! Ratchet & Clank is probably one of my favorite game series and will always be great in my eyes. I replay the first four on the PS2 every couple years. I never had a PS3 so I sadly missed all of the newer ones. I would definitely PSNow them but the first in the Futures series isn't out there yet (or wasn't the last I checked) so I feel weird about skipping it to play the others. Maybe one day. Anywho, I really liked the reboot. It put so many smiles on my face: seeing locations from my childhood in beautiful PS4 detail, remembering those jokes and lines from the original, exploring new areas, and using new weapons (to me at least). It's also one of the few games that I can go back and replay multiple times and thoroughly enjoy it. Such charm. I hope Insomniac keeps making Ratchet & Clank games. I haven't played many games released in 2016 but it was my Game of the Year. I can understand why some people didn't enjoy it as much as me, especially Huber's critique of no new weapons, however most of the weapons were new to me since I never played the PS3 era. Not the undeniably best game to come out in 2016 but my favorite.

• I'm happy to see that Ratchet & Clank gets some love from the community. It's a solid game, nothing phenomenal, but it does what it's supposed to.

• Got to say I'm a little disappointed R&C is so high, thought it was an incredibly average game when I played it last year.

• DOOM

#5. DOOM - 32 points

Votes

#1: 1 (jipostus)
    #2: 1 (MiserablePerson)
    #3: 6 (Brannox, Sazime, DMCMaster, Churchy, Browarr, Ruaidhri18)
    #4: 2 (Farsendor, ACardAttack)
    #5: 1 (Sheria)

Information

Release date: May 13 [US/EU]
    Developer: id Software
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: First-person shooter
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Yeaaaah! Doom in the top 5! This game surprise the crap out of me. I played the beta of the multiplayer and almost didn't pick it up. Then, that single-player feedback hit and I was in. Such an amazingly told story. Simple story, but told SO well.

• So.... Overwatch, Final Fantasy XV, Dark Souls III and what will probably be number 1 knowing the community here, Uncharted 4 left ;)

Loved DOOM. It was a return to form for the franchise while also feeling a little fresh at the same time.

• Looks like i was one of or the only person that voted for The Division, goes to show that the internet only represent a minority of gamers.

• @Stephleref I think you're overestimating The Division.

• Have just started Doom. I'm not generally a fan of shooters, with only enjoying ones such as the Bioshocks and Titanfall 2 in recent years. But this is just balls to the wall action, love it!

• DOOM. My GOTY. It's pure joy to kill demons, and it made me smile. I easily recommend it to everyone. If you're still doubtful, try the demo, which is available on all platforms this is on.

• Doom was easily GOTY 2016. such a masterpiece i could say.

I go ahead and call it best game in series. its better than 3 and 1 and 2 are not age well so today its better than them too, making it best in series.

• I really enjoyed Doom but found it got really repetitive towards the end. Also the boss battles were pretty weak and broke the flow of the game for me.
    Still it is worth picking up if you have yet to play it. It is surprisingly good.

• As much as I believe the game is great, I'm tired of shooting zombies (and other undead creatures). Glad that such prominent franchise came back though.

• Global Moderator

Cool with Ratchet and Clank making the list! I remember watching the EZA review and I was really close to picking up this game! I just need to get through my large backlog and then I will pick this up as Ive mainly heard good stuff about it.

• I'm sorry, but I have to down play Ratchet & Clank. Its minor improvements in controls and graphics I don't believe match what it lost overall. I enjoyed it a lot, but found it a rather poor remake, especially with the way it integrated its story with the movie.

• @Brannox Damn straight man. Ratchet and Clank was awesome and it contained all of the great humour Insomniac is known for whilst being super slick!

Also, fuck yes for Doom making it in now. As someone who grew up on those 90s run-n-gun shooters, it was great to see them nail that old school feel whilst adding in modern flourishes. Also, the secret old school Doom maps were great fun to play.

• DOOM!!! This was such a great return to form. From the moment you start to the time you kill the final boss, you're always on the move, there's secrets galore, and oh yeah, the various tools of gore and demon-slaying. And I really dug the soundtrack.

If you haven't seen the musical performance at the Game Awards, I thought that was the best overall part of the show, and a HUGE shoutout to the NoClip doc series on DOOM. Good stuff.

@jipostus, @MiserablePerson, @Sazime, @DMCMaster, @Churchy, @Browarr, @Ruaidhri18, @Farsendor, @ACardAttack, and @Sheria : My thanks for believing enough in DOOM's resurgence to stand out to you to make your lists.