The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• I nearly put OVerwatch on my list because since it came it is has been a game that I regulalry play and love. It is also a game that fit around my life as a new parent. It is perfect for quick 20-30min sessions which for a lot of the year is all I've had time for!

• @Nillend said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016! (Countdown):

@Stephleref I think you're overestimating The Division.

It's the best selling Ubisoft game of all time, sounds like you're underestimating it if anything. It sold more than a mainline Final Fantasy game.

• Global Moderator

With Overwatch, its a bit like Rocketleague were for me... Like I am the only person on this planet who hasnt played a single minute of it.. lol

• @Lotias said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016! (Countdown):

With Overwatch, its a bit like Rocketleague were for me... Like I am the only person on this planet who hasnt played a single minute of it.. lol

How have you not played Overwatch and Rocket League wtf.

• Overwatch is easily my favourite current multiplayer game and the more I play it, the more I think it could become one of my all time favourite multiplayer games.

The character variety is fantastic, the way it goes about to promote as much positivity as possible with cards and play of the game. I think Blizzard have done a fantastic job with it.

If you have a good group of friends, it's an absolute blast.

• @Stephleref The list represents our favorite games of the year. Majority of the people were disappointed by The Division and big sales don't necessarily mean that the game is good. Whether or not you think that the internet represents only a minority of gamers, people here apparently weren't that impressed by The Division, otherwise it would be on the list. You don't have to be so aggressive about what people have and haven't played and liked.

• @Lotias You're not the only one who hasn't played a second of Overwatch ;-)

• @Nillend said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016! (Countdown):

@Stephleref The list represents our favorite games of the year. Majority of the people were disappointed by The Division and big sales don't necessarily mean that the game is good. Whether or not you think that the internet represents only a minority of gamers, people here apparently weren't that impressed by The Division, otherwise it would be on the list. You don't have to be so aggressive about what people have and haven't played and liked.

Sales do mean that the people who buy it think it's good, hate to tell ya. You think people buy the games that top the sales chart because they think they're bad? The internet doesn't represent the majority of gamers, that is a fact, It represents a loud minority. I bet you think people hate Destiny too because of the internet yet Destiny 2 is gonna one of if not the biggest game coming out this year.

• @Stephleref You're mistaking something here. Sales do not mean a game is good or bad. There are plenty of fantastic games with awful sales and terrible games with good sales.

No Man's Sky sold very well and it's safe to say that's not a universally loved game.

Like @Nillend said, this is just a list of the communities favourite games. I put Severed on my personal list and I don't have any issues with it not appearing here.

If you love the Division, that's cool. You'd do yourself more favours by telling others why you think it's so good rather than making a snarky remark about the communities taste in games.

• @Stephleref by that logic people that saw Batman VS Superman would also think it is a good movie.

marketing and awareness are the main things that sell games (or most things really) not strictly quality

• Oh wow, only 3 spots left.. not all of my picks are going to make it.

• Global Moderator

@Stephleref At the time of Rocketleague I saw it free on PS+ but didnt bother to download it.. then I realised too late what awesome game it seem to be, but never got around to buying it.

@Brannox With Overwatch I was upset with Blizzard at its release and then I didnt feel excited to play another arena shooter. I had other games to play and then just its been a game Ive look at on the side but never bothered actually trying

• i love rocket league but i always get matched up against awsome players an my partner will be trash

• @FF7Cloud I know right... This image sums up my online multiplayer experience more than well.
    alt text

• Overwatch my my favorite game I don't play. I played it a ton the first month or two. I ever bought it twice, for PC and PS4, so I could play with both sets of friends. I think the game is fantastic. Every game is different because there are so many different heroes to choose from. It is also so great to have a game that is constantly adding new heroes, maps, and modes for free. I also can not get enough of that lore. Alas, I am not all that into multiplayer games. I usually only have one at a time and its whatever my friends are playing at the time and I only play it when they are on. Overwatch came and went with my friend and I haven't played it in several months. I'll keep following it but I'll probably never play it again. It was my #6.

• Overwatch! Super happy it's in the top 5, and while others are surprised it's not higher, I'm not since I expect there are quite a few people here who avoid multiplayer only games.
    But, as someone who NEVER played MP only games before, Overwatch has been an amazing surprise. It's on console, which helps me, and it's easy to pick up. I'm not worried about toxicity since I can turn off voice chat. The characters are great, and I love the world building that has surrounded the game. I just like to play it on a regular basis, even though I will never be good at it.

• @Lotias I'm not the type for multiplayer games, so my reasoning is more bland than yours. However, Rocket League looks cool, especially after watching the NoClip doc series on it.

• Overwatch... talk about longevity for a game. We're quickly approaching its year anniversary and I still play it nearly every single day. Whether I'm solo-queueing in competitive, just being goofy in the various brawls, or getting a play of the game that involves killing @Inustar that I refuse to stop being a jerk about :D , this is a game that seemingly scratches every itch for me, besides the lack of a campaign. A lot of people dismiss it because they don't play multi-player games but I feel if one game shatters the multi-player perceptions, it's this one. Most heroes have interesting backgrounds, while they all certainly play different. Can't aim? Play Lucio. Love COD? Play Soldier: 76. It's a game that caters to everyone without sacrificing its own unique identity. I generally prefer single player RPGs but I can't see myself dropping Overwatch anytime soon.

• Final Fantasy XV

#3. Final Fantasy XV - 63 points

Votes

#1: 2 (TheHashtag0nist, FutureCorpse)
    #2: 6 (Farsendor, Lotias, TokyoSlim, Sazime, Tragosaurus, parasitepaladin)
    #3: 7 (FF7Cloud, SabotageTheTruth, Sieghardt, Helge, inustar, ACardAttack, Swordfish00830)
    #4: 3 (DMCMaster, Tearju Engi, Ruaidhri18)
    #5: 2 (Musou Tensei, Exist 2 Inspire)

Information

Release date: November 29 [US/EU]
    Developer: Square Enix Business Division 2
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• a great game that while better then 13 is no where near the ps1 days