The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• My guess:
    #2 Dark Souls 3
    #1 Uncharted 4

• Oh boy: Final Fantasy XV. For my view, I have to start at the beginning:

I hated XIII so much it was the first FF game I couldn't finish (With VIII and VI coming afterwards). So shaken was I with how wronged I felt, I swore that if Versus XIII didn't do a great job, I would swear off the series. Years later and I'm playing the game I've waited so long for.

As of this writing, I'm in Chapter 6, with over 50+ hours put into it. The story, while to this point not bad in its premise, FAILS HARD in its execution. If I didn't watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood prior, I probably wouldn't be as irked about that as I am. In every other area, I'm thoroughly enjoying my time.

The gameplay, which took a little getting used to, is polished, I feel super powerful, techniques are fun to implement, and camping is fun to see the various dishes Ignis prepares. Oh and the Regalia's radio with all of the Final Fantasy Soundtracks maybe my favorite overall part.

The core cast is alright up to this point, but they do have some quirks. But the one universal thing across all characters that bothers me is voice acting. For some reason, practically everyone, from the four bros to Cindy and quest-givers to random NPCs you overhear, the voice acting is just... I guess off

Either way, I look forward to playing it when I get the chance (which typically is weekends when I can dedicate a lot of time to it). If there was a revote, I probably would slot it fifth, but because I had yet to start the game, I couldn't in good conscience put it on my list.

I'm going to stop (If I get to that point) before the patch for Chapter 13 so I can experience that without doubling back. Overall I'm enjoying it, and I'm back into the series (in terms of looking forward to future installments) but this game has its flaws.

With that being said, to @TheHashtag0nist, @FutureCorpse, @Farsendor, @Lotias, @TokyoSlim, @Sazime, @Tragosaurus, @parasitepaladin, @FF7Cloud, @SabotageTheTruth, @Sieghardt, @Helge, @Inustar, @ACardAttack, @Swordfish00830, @DMCMaster, @Tearju-Engi, @Ruaidhri18, @Musou-Tensei, and @Exist-2-Inspire , I want to thank each and every one of you for placing it on your list.

Love and Respect <3

• @ffff0 And here I am, still trying to get through Demon Souls and make time for the first Uncharted. :D

• @SabotageTheTruth thank you. I had almost forgotten about that. Though weren't you Bastion? So I mean that barely counts.

Or wait... was I playing Bastion? Then I likely deserved it.

• Final Fantasy XV is traaaaash. Literally the only good thing i have to say about that game is i only felt indifferent towards it in the first 2 hours or so. Final Fantasy XIII for all it's flaws never reaches this level of indifference and actually get's slowly better and better as time goes on.

• Final fantasy Xv: One of the greats! Probably... I don't know, didn't play it. But the soundtrack IS amazing. Congrats for finishing on the podium.

• Looking back I regret putting Final Fantasy XV at number 1. The game just didn't stay with me as long as I thought it would, maybe when all the dlc arrives it will feel more complete.

• @Inustar I believe I was Bastion and you were Mei.. but it was mystery heroes so I didn't have a choice. Don't hate on the bird loving turret!

• @SabotageTheTruth OR I'll just use this as an excuse for me losing.

As for Final Fantasy, it was a fun game while I was playing it, but now? Well it would be lower, but I didn't play a ton of the games last year. Now I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel, that would have ranked higher than it.

• @FF7Cloud It could have/should have been up there with some of the greats, just needed some more polish in the story department and pacing

• @ACardAttack i know thats the most disappointing thing about it. they had the plot, they had the villain, they had the world

• Dark Souls III

#2. Dark Souls III - 65 points

Votes

#1: 6 (FF7Cloud, Nillend, Excalibruh, Billy, Churchy, Browarr)
    #2: 5 (Faaip, GoTaco, Kaminski, Swordfish00830, Ruaidhri18)
    #3: 3 (jipostus, DisturbedSwan, ObbyDent)
    #4: 3 (tokeeffe9, TheHashtag0nist, Sheria)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: April 12 [US/EU]
    Developer: FromSoftware
    Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

#1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 89 points

Votes

#1: 13 (Brannox, Faaip, Farsendor, tokeeffe9, ffff0, Sentinel Beach, DMCMaster, GoTaco, Mango, Jak, Tearju Engi, ObbyDent, Ruaidhri18)
    #2: 4 (thenerdtheword, inustar, Axel, DisturbedSwan)
    #3: 2 (Fridge-man, DeweyDecibel)
    #4: 0
    #5: 2 (FF7Cloud, Excalibruh)

Information

Release date: May 10 [US/EU]
    Developer: Naughty Dog
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• lol I have literally played 3 games on this list, and my favorite one was the lowest ranked. :)

• Shucky darn none of my games showed up on the list.

Maybe I should have realized that was the case when I got an email back that said "what are those games, I can't find anything about them on Google".

• @TokyoSlim 2 for me but they were both in the top 10, so that is some consolation.

• Oh nice, 13 top spots for Uncharted! That's pretty clear then. Such a great ending for the series, I love it.

• Dark Souls III is a great game all around, and deserves the 2# spot easily. As for Uncharted, I was never into the combat in the series, but the story was phenomenal, and as far as I know, 4 caps it off nearly perfectly, so I can see why people here love it so.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone, especially those who took part in making this, and special shoutout to @Axel for making this.
    Love & Respect.

• A very deserving top spot for Uncharted 4 I had a blast playing it and I've gone back to it and its multiplayer many times since release.

• alt text
    DARK SOULS!!!

This makes me very happy. And while I was never Playstation gamer, I respect the fact that Uncharted 4 is probably the best game of 2016. Great job allies! This is one hell of a list. Thumbs up.