The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• Dark Souls III

#2. Dark Souls III - 65 points

Votes

#1: 6 (FF7Cloud, Nillend, Excalibruh, Billy, Churchy, Browarr)
    #2: 5 (Faaip, GoTaco, Kaminski, Swordfish00830, Ruaidhri18)
    #3: 3 (jipostus, DisturbedSwan, ObbyDent)
    #4: 3 (tokeeffe9, TheHashtag0nist, Sheria)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: April 12 [US/EU]
    Developer: FromSoftware
    Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

#1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 89 points

Votes

#1: 13 (Brannox, Faaip, Farsendor, tokeeffe9, ffff0, Sentinel Beach, DMCMaster, GoTaco, Mango, Jak, Tearju Engi, ObbyDent, Ruaidhri18)
    #2: 4 (thenerdtheword, inustar, Axel, DisturbedSwan)
    #3: 2 (Fridge-man, DeweyDecibel)
    #4: 0
    #5: 2 (FF7Cloud, Excalibruh)

Information

Release date: May 10 [US/EU]
    Developer: Naughty Dog
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• lol I have literally played 3 games on this list, and my favorite one was the lowest ranked. :)

• Shucky darn none of my games showed up on the list.

Maybe I should have realized that was the case when I got an email back that said "what are those games, I can't find anything about them on Google".

• @TokyoSlim 2 for me but they were both in the top 10, so that is some consolation.

• Oh nice, 13 top spots for Uncharted! That's pretty clear then. Such a great ending for the series, I love it.

• Dark Souls III is a great game all around, and deserves the 2# spot easily. As for Uncharted, I was never into the combat in the series, but the story was phenomenal, and as far as I know, 4 caps it off nearly perfectly, so I can see why people here love it so.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone, especially those who took part in making this, and special shoutout to @Axel for making this.
    Love & Respect.

• A very deserving top spot for Uncharted 4 I had a blast playing it and I've gone back to it and its multiplayer many times since release.

• alt text
    DARK SOULS!!!

This makes me very happy. And while I was never Playstation gamer, I respect the fact that Uncharted 4 is probably the best game of 2016. Great job allies! This is one hell of a list. Thumbs up.

• Dark Souls 3 is a superb game....

Never understood the appeal of the Uncharted games, but hey, what can you do. People like what they like. The things that engage me personally are challenge, interaction and exploration in video games. Uncharted avoids those and does something else. Can't fault the level of detail and work Naughty Dog puts into their titles though. They care very much about what they put out there.

• For Dark Souls: I've never played any of the Souls series, so I can not comment on it beyond I know how much that franchise is beloved (Anyone wanna take bets on Nioh placing in the top 5 or 10 this time next year?).

For Uncharted: I have said so much about my adoration for this game, especially in Community Comments, so I'll refrain from clogging up the thread further beyond my customary thanks and shoutouts. Before I do, I just want to say that being one of 13 people to believe the game is GOTY is an awesome feeling.

Anywho, my thanks to @Faaip, @Farsendor, @tokeeffe9, @ffff0, @Sentinel-Beach, @DMCMaster, @GoTaco, @Mango, @Jak, @Tearju-Engi, @ObbyDent, @Ruaidhri18, @thenerdtheword, @Inustar, @Axel, @DisturbedSwan, @Fridge-man, @DeweyDecibel, @FF7Cloud, and @Excalibruh for also sharing in enthusiasm for such a great game!!

Also, @Axel, Thanks for undertaking the effort to put this together. Like the Top 100 games and Top 50 Characters, this was so much fun to see, read, and talk about. Excellent job!

Finally to every Ally that contributed, thanks for doing so! I was able to read a diverse amount of thoughts and views on a lot great games! Your passion and fandom is what makes these kinds of lists so cool!

• I had a tough time deciding between Dark Souls and Uncharted for number 1.. but in the end it had to go to Uncharted.

I don't know what more I can say about it. It improved on everything the series had sone so far, wrapped up the story perfectly, incredibly complete and detailed game, and surprisingly great multiplayer.

Thanks for putting together this list @Axel! This makes a good list of games that I need to play

Also, the one game from my list that didn't make the cut:

My #5 pick Battlefield 1 - While the single player campaign was improved, it still wasn't that great. The multiplayer is still fantastic and addicting and I'm still picking it up to play here and there. While its not the WW1 game I wanted, its still really enjoyable. Though I will say that the Season Pass bullshit should have kept it from my list all together. Hiding France behind a paywall is stupid and charging $50 for a few multiplayer maps is absurd. They could have at least added another chapter or two to the single player campaign for the price.

• Since only my top 2 games made into the list, a quick shout-out for other three:

1. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
    2. Watch Dogs 2
    3. Oxenfree

• These were mine that didn't make the list

#2: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
    #4: Yomawari: Night Alone
    #5: Bravely Second: End Layer

I didn't get to play too many games from 2016, so my options were small, but I liked all those games considerably. I also played Abzu, after voting closed, and I enjoyed it a lot as a way to de-stress, not sure that it would have bumped down Bravely Second though.

Thanks again @Axel for organizing this list! Now I know which games in my backlog to prioritize!

• The only game on my list that didn't make the community's list was Dragon Quest Builders.

Stepping farther away from 2016, I would probably reorganize my overall placement though. I'd remove Final Fantasy XV completely, bump my number 4 and 5 up a spot, and put in the jolly Stardew Valley at number 5. Since Trails of Cold Steel technically came out in 2015 in the states, it's hard for me to count it - but since it made this list, it'd get placed high in my restructuring.

Looking at the comments here, it looks like Final Fantasy XV was everyone's most regretted game of the year.

• Ah! I forgot to include the one game I put on my list: #4 Dishonored 2. I had such a great time with it in its story, level design, and athestic.

I AM surprised it did not even place. AT ALL. It's a really great game not even hitting #25 is a disappointment. But that's how things go.

@SabotageTheTruth To your point about FFXV, I have that feeling as well. I would also add it being the most polarizing: Those who love it, LOVE it (hence its place), but the more detailed and articulated thoughts I've seen back up your statement. Which is a bummer, because despite what I posted about it, there's a lot of good there. Just not enough.

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the better Dishonored 2 :D

• @Exist-2-Inspire Respectfully disagree ;-)

• @SabotageTheTruth I dont like saying I regret Final Fantask XV. I loved the game, and more importantly for me I actually finished it, which is a big thing for me. The problem is just that I was finishing it up when I made my list.
    Now, after some time has passed, I would still place it on my list, just probably at 4 instead. Trails now would be #2. I'd probably knock off Stardew Valley to 6, and Overcooked would cling to 5th since its fun to play with the bf. Overwatch would remain number one, since it has to be. I still play it regularly.

I think lists like these are almost better to do a month or two after the year is over, so people aren't riding the zeitgeist of new releases.

• Not remotely surprised that VA-11 HALL-A and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus didn't make the cut. I love them but I know they're kinda niche. A little disappointed that Furi wasn't in there somewhere though.