The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• @Brandon_Reister Oh, I missed on one vote on the World of Final Fantasy... All is good then :P

Anyhow, I think Let it Die is phenomenal in many ways. The fact that it's free, and you can play it entirely free, unless you care so much about some of your characters, and don't have any of the items that allows you to bring them back, which you do get free (not many understandably). The combat is great, and the humor just clicks with me. There are better games, yes, but I praise it for doing many things right, and hopefully this game does well, and other games take it as a example how to make free to play games.

• This post is deleted!

• might try it after i get a new hdd for my ps4 only have 23gb left

• @Sazime I think you made the right choice!

• Uncle Death would be proud.

• I've been meaning to give Let It Die a go since it shadow dropped. I just need to find the time >.<

• I didn't expect Let It Die to slip in but I'm glad something that late and left field made it in. I should give it a shot!

• @Churchy I would go as far as to say that everyone with PS4 should at least try it out, as it's free.

• I enjoyed Let It Die but i simply got bored of repeating the same floors over and over again after a while, i'm not someone who enjoy backtracking and i played the first 10 floors soooo many times to unlock alternate routes or to grind materials. I'm getting bored of the dungeon crawling roguelike indie games in general but i still do think that Let It Die is a good game.

As someone who grew up with Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver on the Gameboy and SNES RPG's, World of Final Fantasy fits my taste perfectly especially with the old school vibes, musics and characters. Square tried "Final Fantasy Pokémon" with Final Fantasy XIII-2 and i don't feel like it really worked for that game but it did with WoFF which is why it made 5th place on my list.

• "It's probably the greatest game ever made." - Uncle Death, 2016

• XCOM 2

#22. XCOM 2 - 10 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Brandon_Reister)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (MiserablePerson)
    #4: 1 (Mango)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: February 5 [US/EU]
    Developer: Firaxis Games
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Genre: Turn-based strategy
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• While I am not going to play Xcom 2 (it's not my type of game), I do appreciate it. Despite some performance issues, it was Totalbiscuits Game of the Year, and probably for a good reasons.

• I still need to finish the first game!

• I had completely forgotten about Xcom 2, truly a shame, I really liked the first, even if I didn't ever finish it, another one of those I should get back to.

• Everything so far is something I wanted to play but didnt get around to playing, still want to at some point but 2017 doesnt look to have much free backlog time

• I'm not a fan of XCOM's genre but I feel it would have gotten just a touch more consideration if it released later on in the year. I think that's the only downside of having a game released in January: By the time November comes around, you can't remember if its eligible for the year's GOTY, or the previous one's.

• I might be putting my critical journalist hat on, but XCOM 2 just missed it for me. If this game didn't have it's technical issues it would've easily been in my top 3 from last year, and possibly one of my favourite games ever. Seriously, the way they continued the game from the last one, and built on the series with multiple new mechanics is fantastic. And the score for it is incredible. But there were quite a few things that broke the immersion for me and really should've been fixed.

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderator

So far I havent played any of the games on the list, so dont have much to comment Im affraid! I have seen xcom 2 on a lot of "top 10 2016 games" lists, so it must be good!

• XCOM 2 is a game I'd like to pick up, but I'm waiting for a sale. Needless to say, I'm putting the EZA crew in my squad.