The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• XCOM 2 would've probably be #6 on my list, great game i put over 200 hours in!

• Really liked XCOM 2, although I played it not the way I should (immediate reload if my plan failed or someone died).

• Firewatch

#21. Firewatch - 12 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (Helge)
    #3: 1 (Sentinel Beach)
    #4: 2 (Exist 2 Inspire, thenerdtheword)
    #5: 1 (Browarr)

Information

Release date: February 9 [US/EU]
    Developer: Campo Santo
    Publisher: Campo Santo
    Genre: Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Oh man I forgot that Firewatch was this year. It still probably wouldn't have made it into my top 5 but I did really enjoy it. I loved exploring that beautiful world and the voice acting was phenomenal. I don't usually look at games in a money per hour lens but I usually prefer to pick up indies later for cheaper, but I had no problem getting this out of the gate and have no regrets.

• I actually really enjoyed Firewatch. I'm planning on giving it another playthrough soon, but it didn't quite make my top 5

• I haven't seen anything I voted for yet. This likely means my #5 didn't make it and everyone will laugh at me when I say what it was. I can't imagine too many other people voted for it.

• @TokyoSlim Now I want to know what it is. My #5 is also laughable though.

• @Tragosaurus well, you're just gonna have to wait!

• This post is deleted!

• @TokyoSlim If it makes you feel better about your list, my #1 can be considered a mediocre cash-grab.

• I'm not sure I even feel bad about it yet and people already trying to cheer me up. :p

L&R

• For a while, I was interested in Firewatch, but other tastes and funds made me decide against. I'm really happy to see it. From a spoiler-cast I watched, I like the story's concept, but at the end of the day, it is a personal pass.

• Ah Firewatch... it's the only game I've ever started, felt emotionally destroyed within 20 minutes, and couldn't bring myself to play more of.

I'll eventually get back to it, I'm sure, but I've got to mentally train myself or something.

• @SabotageTheTruth Its pretty short.. a good rainy afternoon game.

• The beginning of Firewatch is fantastic. If someone pitched that to me I'd probably tell them it was an awful idea but they just nail the sequence with the decisions you make and the soundtrack. Very emotional.

• I've been meaning to play Firewatch for a while since I heard so many good things about the story, I'll probably pick it up at the next PSN sale.

• It's a memorable game, and a pretty one too. Hiking in the wilderness with that premise the game offered felt really something. And then you have Delilah.

• Civilization VI

#20. Civilization VI - 12 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (bard91)
    #3: 2 (Brandon_Reister, Exist 2 Inspire)
    #4: 1 (Sazime)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: October 21 [US/EU]
    Developer: Firaxis Games
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Genre: Turn-based strategy
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I really like Civ 6 even though it hadn't made my list. Just another indicator how big year was 2016.

• #25. I Am Setsuna

I actually haven't played this one yet. I generally go for just about any JRPG, but this one just slipped through. It being digital only was certainly a part of why though.

#24. World of Final Fantasy

I really like this game, just about everything in it actually. Having now fully finished FFXV I actually think I prefer World.

#23. Let It Die

It's odd for me to let a Suda game go by, but it just hasn't really made me want to get it...and as odd as it sounds, it being free(?) is actually turning me off. I actually don't even know anything about it now that I think of it, although i'm pretty sure I did watch the trailer on PSN.

#22. XCOM 2

Haven't played. No interest.

#21. Firewatch

I actually quite liked this one, it's definitely all about the dialogue though. The story itself and the twist? was very weak.

#20. Civilization VI

Haven't played. No interest.