The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2016!

• I'm not sure I even feel bad about it yet and people already trying to cheer me up. :p

L&R

• For a while, I was interested in Firewatch, but other tastes and funds made me decide against. I'm really happy to see it. From a spoiler-cast I watched, I like the story's concept, but at the end of the day, it is a personal pass.

• Ah Firewatch... it's the only game I've ever started, felt emotionally destroyed within 20 minutes, and couldn't bring myself to play more of.

I'll eventually get back to it, I'm sure, but I've got to mentally train myself or something.

• @SabotageTheTruth Its pretty short.. a good rainy afternoon game.

• The beginning of Firewatch is fantastic. If someone pitched that to me I'd probably tell them it was an awful idea but they just nail the sequence with the decisions you make and the soundtrack. Very emotional.

• I've been meaning to play Firewatch for a while since I heard so many good things about the story, I'll probably pick it up at the next PSN sale.

• It's a memorable game, and a pretty one too. Hiking in the wilderness with that premise the game offered felt really something. And then you have Delilah.

• Civilization VI

#20. Civilization VI - 12 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (bard91)
    #3: 2 (Brandon_Reister, Exist 2 Inspire)
    #4: 1 (Sazime)
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: October 21 [US/EU]
    Developer: Firaxis Games
    Publisher: 2K Games
    Genre: Turn-based strategy
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    EZA Review

• I really like Civ 6 even though it hadn't made my list. Just another indicator how big year was 2016.

• #25. I Am Setsuna

I actually haven't played this one yet. I generally go for just about any JRPG, but this one just slipped through. It being digital only was certainly a part of why though.

#24. World of Final Fantasy

I really like this game, just about everything in it actually. Having now fully finished FFXV I actually think I prefer World.

#23. Let It Die

It's odd for me to let a Suda game go by, but it just hasn't really made me want to get it...and as odd as it sounds, it being free(?) is actually turning me off. I actually don't even know anything about it now that I think of it, although i'm pretty sure I did watch the trailer on PSN.

#22. XCOM 2

Haven't played. No interest.

#21. Firewatch

I actually quite liked this one, it's definitely all about the dialogue though. The story itself and the twist? was very weak.

#20. Civilization VI

Haven't played. No interest.

• Civilization is a game that just scares me. There seems to be too much going on it is daunting for a newcomer to jump, or at least that's how I feel. I probably will never play a single second of a Civ game but I can definitely see why they are so highly regarded.

• @Tragosaurus If you're intrigued but intimidated, you could always try out Civilization: Revolution. It's a streamlined spin-off released for consoles that is more accessible while retaining the essence of Civilization. I found it very easy to jump right into. Then, if you like it, you'll at least have a base understanding of some mechanics to take with you into the more complex mainline entries.

• @Tragosaurus It's really not that bad, I jumped into 5 knowing nothing at all about civ, one game in easy difficulty later, I had a really good grasp on most of the mechanics.

Now victoria 2 in the other hand.

• Ah Civilization. I'm not surprised that it made it, especially with the hype the Allies had for it around the time of launch and I think it was brought up in GOTY talk, but the two things about Civilization made me pass on it: I don't like strategy games, and I don't game on PC. With that said, I recognize Civilization is one of the premiere brands in both and is a good option for those interested in the strategy genre.

• @Tragosaurus It really isn't all that difficult. Civ 6 was my entry to the franchise and I caught up very fast.

• I have huge respect for the Civ series, and I'm sure this is phenomenal game, but they tend to go way over my head at some stage. That's why I prefer more simpler strategy games, such as Heroes III Complete. I love that game dearly, and the WoG mod expansion for it makes it insanely good. But my god, trying to play it without HD mod with my current setup is a no go... So chunky...

But anyways, Civ is amazing, but it's not for me.

• @Billy @bard91 @Nillend Cool, then maybe I'll check it out sometime when I have a gaming lull and can snag one relatively cheap. While not very similar I did recently play the board game Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization and loved it. It took a long time to learn and get through our first game but I enjoyed every second of it. It seems to have a similar concept as Civ so this was when I first thought that I might want to check it out sometime.
    If I were to pick one up today what would you suggest? Is Civ6 the undeniable best Civ game or is going back an entry better?

• This post is deleted!

• Never played, and I DO care!

• Civ VI is great but the Ai is iffy, and I can't convince enough of my friends to get it so I can play multiplayer.

Tad annoyed I logged in yesterday to a two week old message asking for votes hahaha, now how will firewatch get the votes it deserves??