Comic book fans

• @pinecone
    If I'm being honest I'm still snagging Ringside on my pull list but I've fallen behind on it. My problem with Ringside is that there might not be enough actual wrestling action to satisfy me. It mostly follows a retired pro wrestler has he deals with his past, which is interesting but I kinda wanted more of a story with a current wrestler and their trials and tribulations in the business. Their is a character like this but he's secondary to the main characters story line. I think the first Trade came out, and since it's an Image comic the first trade is only $10. I think at that price its worth it to check it out, i'm a few issues behind to so it might have picked up.

• I don't do superheroes. The art is stiff, overly busy, and crowds the page. The characters are either grim or psychotic. And all the death, destruction, and constant deus ex machina turns me right off.

My main thing is Disney comics. Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck, from such artists/writers as Carl Barks, Don Rosa, William Van Horn, Romano Scarpa, Marco Rota, Pat Block, Daniel Branca, and Vicar.

I also have a big Archie collection. The stuff from the 50's to the 70's is really well done.

Not to mention The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, Robert Crumb, Hsu & Chan, and classic newspaper strips such as The Katzenjammer Kids and Our Boarding House.

• My current pull list:

DC:
    Batman
    Green Lanterns
    Justice League
    Titans / Titans Hunt
    Detective Comics
    Grayson / Nightwing
    The Flash
    Robin: son of Batman

Marvel:
    Deadpool
    Uncanny X-men
    Ms. Marvel
    Uncanny Avengers
    Extraordinary X-men
    All new all different Avengers
    All new X-men
    All new Wolverine
    Daredevil
    Civil War II
    Spider-man
    Star Lord
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Other:
    Saga
    Black Magick (bought but haven't read yet...)

• DC:

• Batman
    • Justice League
    • Green Arrow

Maybe I'll start "The Flash" and "Titans" too because I've read they're gonna be important for the "Rebirth" plot.

Marvel:

• Extraordinary X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • The Ultimates
    • Spider Gwen
    • Civil War II (only the main arc for now)

Image:

• Saga
    • Paper Girls
    • Chew
    • The Wicked + The Divine
    • Nowhere Men
    • The Manhattan Projects

Misc:

• Hinterkind (Vertigo)
    • Umbrella Academy (Dark Horse)
    • Atomic Robo (Tesladyne)

• I read everything Marvel, although I do it digitally. Silver Surfer, Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel I make sure to also buy the trades.

The only physical single issues I get are Saga, Buffy, and Astro City.

DC and I have been on the outs since after the New 52. Not that I have a definite reason for it, just that most of the titiles stopped being interesting. Snyder's Batman was the last I kept up with. Though I need to check out the Rebirth stuff to make up my mind on those.

Image's Wicked and the Divine is amazing, as is Black Science.

Valiant is also on the rise as well. Archer and Armstrong is great, and XO Manowar and Quantum and Woody are pretty good too.

I also currently keep up with Archie and Jughead, as well as the 8th Doctor Who series.

• I just jumped back on to the DC comics. I hated the New 52, but I am loving everything they're doing with the Rebirth. I stick mostly to the Superman titles as he's my favorite, but I'm enjoying the Green Arrow comic as well.

I'd also love to know what people think of Marvel comics now after the whole Battleworld thing. I was only reading Ultimate Spider-Man and I was not a fan of the way they ended the series and basically restarted Miles' story.

@TheMarcV said in Comic book fans:

@wenchwogg
    Oh man, Saga is so good, I dropped off around the 3rd or 4th graphic novel, has it been able to keep its standards of quality up this whole time?

To add to this, Saga has been incredible since the beginning. Also, Brian K Vaughan has said that the upcoming arc is what he's been leading up to since the first issue.

• Catching up on

• Superman/Wonder Woman (LOVING it.)
    • Batman/Superman (Just one more issue)
    • Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman
    • Batman & Robin
    • Batman & Robin Eternal
    • Batman Beyond
    • Batman Inc Vol 1 (mistakenly read Vol 2 before it)
    • Cable & Deadpool
    • Robin: Son of Batman
    • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
    • Star Wars: Lando

Current Pull List

• Batman: Rebirth
    • Superman: Rebirth
    • Wonder Woman: Rebirth
    • Detective Comics (Only starting from Rebirth)
    • Deadpool
    • Star Wars: Darth Vader
    • Star Wars: Poe Dameron
    • Star Wars: Han Solo
    • Star Wars
    • Haunted Mansion / Enchanted Tiki Room (most disney comics based on rides)
    • Black Panther

Considering

• Aquaman Rebirth
    • The Flash Rebirth

• @TheChrisGriffin said in Comic book fans:

I'd also love to know what people think of Marvel comics now after the whole Battleworld thing. I was only reading Ultimate Spider-Man and I was not a fan of the way they ended the series and basically restarted Miles' story.

To me it was just another change in Marvel's Status Quo. It wasn't a reboot as it was expected or advertised so in that way it was kind of a let down, but in the end it all depends on wich series are you following and how those series are affected by it.

The Ultimates (nothing to do with the Ultimate Universe) is a good sci-fi/cosmic series about the state of the galaxy and the consequences of "Secret Wars".

If you want opinions about "Secret Wars", I thought the whole event was really good, a beautiful send off to the Fantastic Four and a great closure for the Hickman's run on Marvel.

• @TheChrisGriffin said in Comic book fans:

I just jumped back on to the DC comics. I hated the New 52, but I am loving everything they're doing with the Rebirth. I stick mostly to the Superman titles as he's my favorite, but I'm enjoying the Green Arrow comic as well.

I have really liked the current Miles comic, but I never read any of the ultimate series (the Ultimates put me off). He's very likeable in it, and good in Avengers as well.
    I enjoyed the Secret Wars as these sort of what if, weird stories. Most of the comics I liked before didn't really change after the event either.

• @zordios The only series I was following was Ultimate Spider-Man. I loved what they were doing with him and that universe. The Ultimate Peter had just shown back up, Miles had a major thing happen to him and then at the end of the last issue...some white wall was heading towards him. Then the next issue was all the Battlegrounds/Secret Wars stuff. None of it made any sense to me trying to follow Miles over to the main universe so I abandoned it. I'd love to get back in to it though. I have no Marvel on my pull list at all now!

@Inustar The Ultimate Spider-Man story is one of the best series from beginning to end, imo. I LOVE Miles, but moving him to the main universe was off putting to me. They brought back characters that died when they switched worlds, which is major for the Ultimate universe. Characters tended to stay dead there, at least in the Ultimate Spider-Man series.

• DC:

Just finished collecting Batman Arkham Knight and Arkham Knight Nemesis.

• Batman Beyond (Tim Drake)

Non DC:

• Power Rangers (Don't judge me lol)
    • Invader Zim
    • Dragon Age: Magekiller (Trying to find 2 issues that are out of print)

• @TheChrisGriffin

I've never been too into Spider Man, but I really want to caught up on the Miles story line, I just have no idea where to start. Do you guys happen to know of any large collections that just focuses on him?

• Some of my favs:

Saga
    Chew
    Manhattan projects
    Atomic Robo
    Locke and Key
    The wicked and the divine
    Alex and Ada
    Injustice
    Mind the Gap (be careful this one just randomly stopped being made and I don't know if it'll ever finish...sadly)
    Punisher Max
    Invincible
    Y the Last Man
    Morning Glories
    DayTripper
    Wytches
    The Nightly News

• @TheMarcV said in Comic book fans:

@TheChrisGriffin

I've never been too into Spider Man, but I really want to caught up on the Miles story line, I just have no idea where to start. Do you guys happen to know of any large collections that just focuses on him?

Miles has only been around for a few years now, but his story starts in the 3rd series of the Ultimate Spider-Man series. Here's the collected editions of his first appearance and then the start of his story. http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23014221

The start of his story does tie in to Peter Parkers story, but not much you need to know, they make it pretty easy to jump in.

• @Tegs did "Morning Glories" get to explain what's going on? I've read the first 3 trades and it felt like "Lost" where you have tons of questions and no answers.

• @zordios it's still ongoing...but I also get the "lost" vibe from it haha I love it but definitely worried it's gonna have moments like the polar bear or the giant foot statue that everyone is still confused as hell about.

• Allow all these words, comics are for pictures!

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @flower_arrangement I love that Sandman artwork.

• @Inustar
    I can't recommend it enough, a glorious return after 25 years. The art is unbelievably good.

alt text

alt text

Google search Sandman Overture for magic, would embed more but the images are huge: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sandman+overture&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1417&bih=753&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXkPH2n87NAhVJF8AKHXL7AUcQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=hVWBTm-mt9ndZM%3A

• @flower_arrangement oh, yeah, believe me I own them all. I was so happy to see the series come back. Neil Gaiman is great, and JH Williams artwork is magnificent.

Granted, it gave me a cat Dream, so it didn't have to work too hard to make me love it.