Comic book fans

• @TheChrisGriffin

I've never been too into Spider Man, but I really want to caught up on the Miles story line, I just have no idea where to start. Do you guys happen to know of any large collections that just focuses on him?

• Some of my favs:

Saga
    Chew
    Manhattan projects
    Atomic Robo
    Locke and Key
    The wicked and the divine
    Alex and Ada
    Injustice
    Mind the Gap (be careful this one just randomly stopped being made and I don't know if it'll ever finish...sadly)
    Punisher Max
    Invincible
    Y the Last Man
    Morning Glories
    DayTripper
    Wytches
    The Nightly News

• @TheMarcV said in Comic book fans:

@TheChrisGriffin

I've never been too into Spider Man, but I really want to caught up on the Miles story line, I just have no idea where to start. Do you guys happen to know of any large collections that just focuses on him?

Miles has only been around for a few years now, but his story starts in the 3rd series of the Ultimate Spider-Man series. Here's the collected editions of his first appearance and then the start of his story. http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23014221

The start of his story does tie in to Peter Parkers story, but not much you need to know, they make it pretty easy to jump in.

• @Tegs did "Morning Glories" get to explain what's going on? I've read the first 3 trades and it felt like "Lost" where you have tons of questions and no answers.

• @zordios it's still ongoing...but I also get the "lost" vibe from it haha I love it but definitely worried it's gonna have moments like the polar bear or the giant foot statue that everyone is still confused as hell about.

• Allow all these words, comics are for pictures!

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @flower_arrangement I love that Sandman artwork.

• @Inustar
    I can't recommend it enough, a glorious return after 25 years. The art is unbelievably good.

alt text

alt text

Google search Sandman Overture for magic, would embed more but the images are huge: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sandman+overture&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1417&bih=753&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXkPH2n87NAhVJF8AKHXL7AUcQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=hVWBTm-mt9ndZM%3A

• @flower_arrangement oh, yeah, believe me I own them all. I was so happy to see the series come back. Neil Gaiman is great, and JH Williams artwork is magnificent.

Granted, it gave me a cat Dream, so it didn't have to work too hard to make me love it.

• I love comic books and have been reading them in some form for all of my life.

I am the sort of guy who will read anything that takes his fancy. I have a huge stack of to read trades and I spend far to much money on singles each week. I tend to go more indie with trades because I have DC, Marvel and the key Image books covered with my regular purchases.

I am playing catch up with a lot of stuff at the moment due to having a baby to look after eating into my comics and gaming time. I am about a month behind on my Marvel books, two months on the Image books I get and about 3 months behind on Shonen Jump. (Manga is just Japanese comics so they count and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise!) The only thing I have kept on top of it DC because of the Rebirth event being so interesting.

I'm also planning to blitz my pull list because as usual it has slowly ballooned to the point were I am spending £30-£40 a week on single issues. So about £160 per month! So yeah I'll make some harsh cutting and then post my newer, much smaller pull list!

• Don Rosa samples:

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Where does the allies read comics? I'm currently reading Ultimate Spider-man but the place I'm reading at are sometimes missing an issue or two and it can be quite annoying.
    Just got into reading comics but man, Ultimate Spider-man is a blast!

• I picked up Marvel Unlimited a month or so ago, and am really loving being able to test out so many comics without having to blindly buy them. I wish there were less gaps in issues though!

Does anyone have any Marvel Unlimited suggested readings?

• @Fridge-man said in Comic book fans:

Where does the allies read comics? I'm currently reading Ultimate Spider-man but the place I'm reading at are sometimes missing an issue or two and it can be quite annoying.
    Just got into reading comics but man, Ultimate Spider-man is a blast!

I get pretty much everything I read through ComiXology because I like to stay current. But if you are looking for older Marvel stuff Marvel Unlimited is the place to go.

• My current pull list off the top of my head is:

Amazing Spider-man
    Uncanny X-men
    Flash
    Superman
    Batman
    TMNT
    Kaijumax

Im sure there is more than that i cant remember atm and i have a hefty backlog of trades im getting through slowly as well, this pic is out of date by a good bit aswell.
    Backlog pic

• Global Moderator

@Spidarro nice picks and goodluck with that backlog looks like some good reading ahead

• @Swordfish00830

Thanks im chiping away at it slowly but have digital stuff too which is always distracting, in th next two weeks my workload should ease off a bit then i can make a better go of it.

• Global Moderator

Picked up my books for theweek I was behind on these three annuals. The rest came out this week. Really excited to start reading Nightwing never read any of his previous books like Greyson.

DC

• Nightwing Rebirth
    • Wonder Woman #2
    • Detective Comics #936
    • Teen Titans Annual #2
    • Deathstroke Annual #2

Marvel

• Spider-Gwen Annual #1
    • Amazing Spider-man Cival War II #2

• I read Daredevil Yellow yesterday and can recommend it enough, moody and atmospheric with great art and writing, so damn good!
    Also just added this to my backlog 👌
    TYBG

• Definitely a fan of the medium, but I'm not huge into Superheroes (except for a few). Some of my favourites include:

• Preacher
    • The Walking Dead
    • Punisher MAX (Garth Ennis's run on this was glorious)
    • Chew
    • Revival
    • Watchmen
    • Batman

There's a lot I like from Batman but my all time favourite is Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth. It's gloriously fucked up in terms of its narrative and psychological approach to Batman and Dave McKean's artwork is simply wonderful. Although having said that, I have immensely enjoyed Scott Synder's run on Batman too.

@Tegs - that's a cool list. At times it feels like Image can do no wrong! I seriously need to read Invincible though, I've gone too long without it in my life!