Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]

• My only wish is that they gave us more information sooner. I realize they are a small crew with limited resources and time but it's hard for me to justify booking a flight and hotel room just on "It might be more than a show".

Hopefully someday they can get a panel at a PAX or similar gaming convention

• I haven't gotten to watch yet, but I've heard that Brandon gave a little more Anniversary info on the February 4th Cup of Jones. Sounds like they are definitely looking at places in Hollywood for the venue. Not sure if there are any other details than that in the episode, but at least he fed us a little more!

@Ehie-Yovach An EZA panel would be amazing! Hopefully that is something we can look forward to somewhere down the line, I'm sure right now it might not be feasible.

• Yes he confirmed it'll be in the Hollywood area and the main event will definitely be on the 21st in the evening.

• Awesome, thanks for confirming! I think I'd heard 8pm is the estimated time too, but didn't want to say it without being certain. I definitely feel more relieved with the new info!

• So we got some confirmation in the group stream last night.

The venue is The Attic in Hollywood.

Doors open at 7pm and the show goes on till 11pm.

Under 21s are allowed in, you only need your ID for the bar if you get a drink.

I'm sure we'll get a more official announcement in that section soon, for now Jones will be making a video and posting it in the next few days as a CoJs.

• Official Title: Easy Allies In Concert

There will be tickets on sale (Jones said hopefully next week) that will help cover the cost of the venue.

I think this is the venue home page. May be NSFW actually, there's some club wear photos on the main page that are/may as well be lingerie. You've been warned!

• @TokyoSlim I was looking last night and I actually think that is the wrong venue website. That club is listed as closed permanently.

• @logic__error It may be the case that the club itself is closed, but the building is still being rented out. They did say specifically last night that the venue has like 3 different names. I posted that mostly for location info. Since they were positive this was the building.

• @TokyoSlim Definitely. I think it is called "The Prospect" now. At least thats the only place that popped up with the address, though their website lists a slightly different one. Guess we'll know for sure fairly soon.

• @logic__error Oh man, it's the building right across from the L Ron Hubbard scientology museum! Don't ever go in there btw. It may sound like a fantastic idea when you're happy hour drinking at overpriced tourist bars on the strip, but you'll never get off their mailing list. Ever.

• @TokyoSlim Noted! I'll be going with some friends who would definitely suggest it for a laugh, so that is some sage advice.

• Sigh That's what I was afraid of. Once Hollywood was mentioned I figured the strip, which means....expensive, and zero parking.

Not sure what I'll do now :/

• @ZyloWolfBane I've never really found it that hard to find parking a block or two off the strip. Especially on a Tuesday.

• @TokyoSlim said in Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]:

@ZyloWolfBane I've never really found it that hard to find parking a block or two off the strip. Especially on a Tuesday.

I think the last time I went bar hopping in the area I said screw it and left my car at Ameoba music lol.

But there are a few shopping centers within the area, might just play it safe and hoof it over to the venue.

• Global Moderator

Wish so much that I could go! Make sure you all take lots of pictures and show the rest of us! :D

• Will there be some sort of stream or an Easy Update or some video that will cover this event? I cannot travel to LA during that time, and I cannot afford a hotel or accommodations at that time. I hope there's other EZA streaming stuff earlier in the day on March 21st.

• @jifw52 said in Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]:

Will there be some sort of stream or an Easy Update or some video that will cover this event? I cannot travel to LA during that time, and I cannot afford a hotel or accommodations at that time. I hope there's other EZA streaming stuff earlier in the day on March 21st.

I hope so, but they haven't said yet. It's kinda sticky to plan because you never know who might not want to be filmed. Huber had that problem with the meetup.

• It will be recorded and I wouldn't be surprised if you see something in Easy Update like we did with the meetup but nothing like that has been confirmed.

• I'm a little confused by the tickets... should I have waited to get a ticket before getting flights? I imagine its related to venue capacity. Do we have any more information on this?

Also for people who will be there is there before hand is there any interest in planning to meet up together and explore Hollywood?

• @Mango Honestly we don't know. It's one of the annoying things about leaving the announcement so late.

I'm hoping the fact that it is this late, that there will be a plentiful supply of tickets. I asked Jones on one stream and he didn't seem concerned about tickets selling out.