Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]

• Ouch, so if I brought my wife and we ate at Katsuya beforehand we'd get nailed for $60 extra because we didn't buy any food at the venue? That.....sucks.

• They are aware of it now anyway so hopefully we should at minimum get some clarification if it's still in place.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]:

They are aware of it now anyway so hopefully we should at minimum get some clarification if it's still in place.

Yeah, that's a bummer. And I had tickets in my cart last week and I ended up reconsidering. But THAT information isn't listed before you buy the tickets, which is.....really backdoorshady deals.

I'm used to that sort of thing with nightclubs doing that or they charge you at the door, but....charging a food/drink minimum AFTER buying tickets and not telling you till you already bought them? Just...wow, ouch.

Benefit of the doubt goes to the allies of course, the venue was already keeping brandon waiting for weeks about the tickets as it was so I can only imagine they never told him anything either, I feel bad for the guy.

I just don't want to dip into my budget for Patreon and Twitch to make this affordable since that is WAY more important to me. =/

• Ya, they definitely weren't trying any shady business here. I'm not even sure if that money would even go to them to be honest but as I said, hopefully it works out for everyone.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]:

Ya, they definitely weren't trying any shady business here. I'm not even sure if that money would even go to them to be honest but as I said, hopefully it works out for everyone.

Yeah hopefully, I'd hate to see things get sour cause the venue pulled some unexpected shenanigans. This should be an awesome event. Sadly it just prices things out of my range, all things considered.

I'll be watching the re-broadcast online instead, hope everyone has a great time and gives everyone plenty of bearhugs!

Maybe whatever extra things they had planned for that night or the next day will be more within my means so I can finally meet everyone and other allies in person, I'll just be patient =)

• I hope people are gonna show up. Lol

• If I know anything about the eza community, it's more likely to sell out than only a small crowd turning up! :)

• Global Moderator

@ZyloWolfBane Maybe since it's a private event Jones can see if they'll waive the whole two item thing. It would suck to have people not able to attend because of it.

• @Kristen59 said in Easy Allies in Concert Meet up [Discussion]:

@ZyloWolfBane Maybe since it's a private event Jones can see if they'll waive the whole two item thing. It would suck to have people not able to attend because of it.

That's what I would've thought, tickets should be priced in such a way that you wouldn't need to have fees like that.

I feel bad for Jones and everyone else, it's just another stressful thing to try and plan around and make everyone happy after they've already left him in the dark just trying to get it set up in the first place.

Hopefully it all works out!

• Patreon - Concert Ticket Fine Print

I've confirmed with the venue that this will not be true for the concert, so you don't have to worry about getting food/drinks or any additional fees

So no need to worry about the two item minimum guys.

• Some more awesome news!

Patreon - Wednesday in the Park with Allies

So the following day, Wednesday, March 20th, we're going to be chilling at a park not far from the Prospect Theatre: The La Brea Tar Pits.
    http://www.tarpits.org/visit/map

• Global Moderator

I so wish I could be there now! seems like it will end up being 3 days with the allies! ...or not sure I could handle it, I would prolly explode from all the hype and awesomeness, but still... next time!

• I'm already in LA for my vacation so checking in on the forums has been tough! Super excited about all the stuff they have planned, we weren't sure if we'd be able to do the Wednesday meet up, since our flight back is that night, but it is early enough that we should be able to go! :D

I hope they have a backup plan in case of rain on Wednesday though!

• Happy EZVERSARY everyone!

• Some nice surprises in store for those that didn't get to see EZA in concert live tonight.

Announcements, new shows, new patreon tier announced.

• @TokyoSlim Awesome, can't wait to hear all about it!

• I think they'll probably break all the news during the Thursday 12hr stream.

• Hey allies, I'm back at my hotel. Sorry dot being so drunkkkzx I'll be at he meetuptmorrow nice an sober. Night.

• Looks like it was a dope time, glad you all had fun!

• I don't think I've ever had more fun at a concert. what a lovely group of people you guys are. I had a blast meeting every one of you!

I think this cemented in my mind that I will not miss a live event if I can help it. This is such an awesome community, you could really feel the love and respect as a tangible experience unto itself.