EZA Community Hype Jousting - First half 2017

• @dramaticslowmo well in my mind the best games are certainly the ones left, so it really is just a matter of taste

• I really though though and hoped that Horizon would last longer though..

• Go Yooka-Laylee! That match is way closer than I thought it would be. Zelda looks great, but I'm not buying a Switch for that one game. Meanwhile a classic platformer available on a system I already own, yep.

Not that it matters anyway. Persona 5 is my personal GOTY of 2017, so that's my horse in this race 😆

• FINAL ROUND

alt text

Persona 5 vs Yooka-Laylee

I had to resort to the EZA discord to break the tie between Persona 5 and Nier: Automata.
    In the end Persona 5 got 22 votes vs Nier: Automatas 21 votes, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild at 20 votes was beat by Yooka-Laylees 22 votes!

One of these games will emerge victorious in 48 hours, and the EZA forum's most anticipated game for the first half of 2017 will be decided.

• Well I gotta vote P5, but I'm super happy Yooka Laylee made it this far. Honestly I kinda expect it to win, since I think everyone who doesn't like Persona will vote for it.

Whomever wins, this is a pretty great year for games.

• Zelda got knocked out? This is glorious.

Nice to see a jolly platformer make it to the end but... I have to vote for my favorite franchise.

• Yooka-Laylee over Zelda, really?

• @Stephleref Well people are really hyped about the return of old school platforming.
    Not to mention, as surprising as it may be, not everyone loves Zelda. So it was likely a case of people voting against it, rather than for Yooka-Laylee.

• I'm sad that Nier was knocked out, but also very pleased to see it do so well. This will be an interesting final =)

• @Inustar said in EZA Community Hype Jousting - First half 2017:

@Stephleref Well people are really hyped about the return of old school platforming.
    Not to mention, as surprising as it may be, not everyone loves Zelda. So it was likely a case of people voting against it, rather than for Yooka-Laylee.

Even old school Rare was starting to become meh and as much as i like them their game were never on the tier of a Zelda game. People should at least vote for what they like because voting out of spite is just childish.

• Glad to see both Yooka-Laylee and NieR doing so well here!

• Yooka-Laylee... I'm so proud <sheds a single tear>

• Global Moderator

I did not really think the final would look at this by the start of this entire thing! However, the final is really exciting, especially when you know what type of people are on these forum! :D

• So glad to see Yooka Laylee over Zelda, being hyped for it since the Kickstarter which I'm very glad I backed, Breath of the Wild looks pretty good, and it is honestly the first time a Zelda game has me truly interested, but I have no real emotional attachement to Zelda, so Yooka Laylee was a clear winner for me.

But naturally Persona is my pick, being the thing I've been the most excited for in my life, even Nier being my second most hyped game of the year couldn't come close to me in terms of anticipation.

• This is an interesting final but for me:

Yooka-Laylee over Persona 5

At the end of the day, it comes down to what I feel would be the better investment for me. And if I could only pick between these two and I could never play another video game, I choose Yooka-Laylee for several reasons, all stemming from personal taste:

Less time to complete
    Art Style
    Genre
    Gameplay
    General appeal

I'm not going to play either, as neither really speak to me. HOWEVER: Persona should take this vote because I can't think of any other series that some Allies and the community love more. And if that's the case, my prediction comes true. Despite feeling Persona would take it from the get go, this was really fun to see unfold.

• I'm so happy for Yooka Laylee! It and A Hat in Time are bringing back the glory days of Platforming and I love it! However, my vote has to go to P5. I just need it in my life.

• I've got to go with my heart and go for the jolly platformer. Also, the guys from Playtonic are great.

• I really did expect it to be Persona vs Zelda in the end, so this is an interesting turnout!

• @Stephleref Yeah, it might be out of spite, but I hope it's more a case of voting for what they like more, or at least are more hyped for.
    I like the look of the Zelda game, but I'm more hyped for Yooka-Laylee. And that is pretty much because I don't have to buy a new system to play it. I gotta say my love of open world games has been dulled too, so that factored against Zelda for me.

• WINNER

alt text

Persona 5 is hereby declared victor of the EZA Community Hype Jousting tournament for the first half of 2017.

Personally, I'm not super surprised, knowing this community. That being said, it was really close on numerous occations but I'm happy that it won. Cheers!