EZA Community Hype Jousting - First half 2017

• I was really hoping that Halo Wars 2 would put up more of a fight against the most over-hyped game of all existence, but alas... can't stop that hype train once it gets rolling. Also weird that it looks like Sniper Elite is going to topple Horizon: Zero Dawn, I guess we're full of surprises here.

• @SabotageTheTruth What is more interesting to me is looking at the much larger amount of votes the Sniper, Horizon match up has, makes me wonder if someone may be tricking the system, given that it has way more votes than the other match ups.

• @bard91 You're suggesting foul play? You're right, that is more interesting!

• It is weird that Sniper vs Horizon match-up has so much more votes than the others.

• Persona 5 vs Snipperclips - 31 Votes
    Nioh vs Outlast 2 - 29 Votes
    Ghost Recon Wildlands vs For Honor - 33 Votes
    South Park: The Fractured But Whole vs Nier: Automata - 33 Votes
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild vs Halo Wars 2 - 32 Votes
    Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia vs Splatoon 2 - 31 Votes
    Horizon: Zero Dawn vs Sniper Elite 4 - 39 Votes
    Mass Effect: Andromeda vs Yooka-Laylee - 34 Votes

Just checked through and it currently 5 votes more.

• false alarm then. It was wider gap when I checked.

• Global Moderator

I dont vote on each and every one. I feel like I can only vote on the games I really have interest in, it wouldnt be fair to go and vote on a game "ive only heard about" but havent bothered to look up more about or have an urge to play.. if you get me?

• There's definitely some foul play going on with Sniper Elite 4 and Horizon. Last time I checked it was Horizon 15-17ish and Sniper Elite was around 6ish. The Horizon match up of the first round was one of the most voted for, while the sniper elite match ups was somewhere in the bottom of the number of votes. Not sure what to do..
    Also very surprised to see Yooka-Laylee out do Mass Effect: Andromeda!

• @Fridge-man Don't know if this is viable, but you could scrap that vote, recreate it, and put a more strict time limit on it. Also, when was the last time you checked it versus when you made your post? If there was a disproportionate explosion of votes in a shorter time span than can logically be expected, then you could establish a time frame when it happened. If you believe foul play is altering the outcome, you can do what Mr. Bosman did when DOOM was up for a group stream months ago: Null the vote and give it to the other option AND declare the nulled "winner" to be invalidated for future options. Just some thoughts to help out.

• @Brannox Last round Horizon alone got 18 votes while the whole match up for Sniper Elite vs Sniper Ghost Warrior got 16 votes. I'd think it's pretty safe to say that there's something up. It feels dirty to nullify the vote since I myself voted for Horizon.

• There seems to be a lot more people getting involved in general this round, myself included as I didn't bother with the first. I think the tighter it gets, the more interesting it is.

When I voted, Mass Effect was winning I believe, but now it's quite far behind. For Honor was also way ahead of Ghost, but it seems to be turning around. As far as I can tell, a lot more people have gotten on board recently, possibly because of the weekend.

I know it's only a bit of fun at the end of the day, but to invalidate a win here seems ridiculous. I have to admit though, I did vote for Sniper Elite. I know little about that other new IP.

• You know that? I think a good "fuck it" is in order. What is leading when the time is up wins, foul play or not. It's only a forum game and this won't be the last time I do these kinds of tournaments.

Also, expect round three to begin within 2 hours.

• Well shit, South Park's out. :/ I don't even know what Nier is.

• A very interesting round. I'm actually interested and hyped for everything left, except for 'For Honor'. My votes are in =)

• @Sentinel-Beach If you have a PS4 you can try the demo on PSN. It's developed by Platinum games so it has insane combat that's really fun.

• @Fridge-man I voted for it myself but I would much rather it go by honestly, win or loss, than tainted. But I do agree with the mentality you decided on.

Now the three games I care anything for are out, I vote with little stake. With that being said, Persona 5 vs. Nioh is the more interesting matchup, but the potential of Zelda vs. Yooka-Laylee may be the best overall vote, regardless of the finals.

• The stakes are getting higher! Persona vs Nioh is a very strong match-up. I'm surprised, but very happy that Sniper elite has came so far and it's still kicking.

• Hell yeah Yooka-Laylee! Way to push through. Even if you die now you slayed a giant and made it to the Elite 8 and that's something to be proud of. I'm still pulling for you though.

• Voting ends at tuesday 07:00 CET. This is a close one!