1 game only recommendation

• If you could only recommend 1 game from the last few (5) years what would it be??

This is to help me spend my few saved dollars and get back to playing good PS4 or Xbox game. I have been away from games for the better part of the last 6 years with a few exceptions. I am an older person with diminishing hand eye coordination and no cheat codes, so please no games that are ONLY MMO. Being fragged every 4.8 seconds is not fun. I apreciate any suggestions.

• Global Moderator

if I only got to recommend one game, I guess I would go with the most obvious one, to get it out the way:
    The Last of Us to PS4. If there are 1 game you should give a go its that one. Perhaps gameplay isnt the best, but man... that story, characters and the world are just... wow

• Grand Theft Auto V

Overall delivers a fun, comedic and balanced game.

• Gravity Rush Remastered. It has a charm to it that I honestly don't think any other game in the last ten years had. Reminds me of the old sixth gen days where you'd find weird Japanese games on the PS2 that weren't quite AAA but weren't shovelware either.

• Valkyria Chronicles Remastered if you didnt play it on PS3, it's a wonderful story with loads of great characters and mixes turn based and action in a really great way where you can enjoy the excitement of action but you dont need the reflexes as much

• watch all the interviews with Shawn Murray, then play pre patched No mans sky. 😏

• @Sieghardt said in 1 game only recommendation:

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered if you didnt play it on PS3, it's a wonderful story with loads of great characters and mixes turn based and action in a really great way where you can enjoy the excitement of action but you dont need the reflexes as much

I'm going to second this.

• The Last of Us is the only choice. No other game should more inspire the next generation of game-making, because no other game has put as much flawless care into its story as The Last of Us.

Still waiting on other AAA devs to start caring about their stories.

• Diablo III

I've put hours into that game and will be putting in hours more if they continue to support it the way they have.

• The new Doom.

That campaign was amazing return to form for Doom, and it was so much fun to Rip and Tear. At least try out the demo, if it's available. Yes, it might seem weird to suggest this, but it would be great practice for hand eye coordination.

• The Witcher 3 + both DLCs. Easily one of the best RPGs of all time.

• @Haru17 "The Last of Us is the only choice"

This... it has to be The Last of Us. please play this game immediately

Edit: I meant to hit quote but hit reply by accident and then didn't know how to fix it

• Doom

in last 10 years I had not had fun in any other game than this game.

• One more vote for The Last of Us. A piece of art.

• The Last of Us hands down.

• Stardew Valley.

It's basically the best Harvest Moon game ever with a lot more options as a player in terms of what you focus on as a farmer, who you romance (male or female), and has a bit more storytelling. You can play at the pace you want and it's even got some multiple choice options in cutscenes. The soundtrack is fantastic and it's a genuinely comforting game.

• Overwatch.

Even though the suggestion above are great. Overwatch is limitless fun and it is so simple. It rewards you consistently and being part of that community where everyone that I have encountered takes competitive mode seriously more so than any other FPS on console is satisfying. I have made great friends by playing Overwatch and it only continues to get better.

• This post is deleted!

• @Dakhath said in 1 game only recommendation:

The Witcher 3 + both DLCs. Easily one of the best RPGs of all time.

I agree with this too if you are looking for the best rpg experience.

• All aboard the The Last of Us train! Woop woop!