1 game only recommendation

• One more vote for The Last of Us. A piece of art.

• The Last of Us hands down.

• Stardew Valley.

It's basically the best Harvest Moon game ever with a lot more options as a player in terms of what you focus on as a farmer, who you romance (male or female), and has a bit more storytelling. You can play at the pace you want and it's even got some multiple choice options in cutscenes. The soundtrack is fantastic and it's a genuinely comforting game.

• Overwatch.

Even though the suggestion above are great. Overwatch is limitless fun and it is so simple. It rewards you consistently and being part of that community where everyone that I have encountered takes competitive mode seriously more so than any other FPS on console is satisfying. I have made great friends by playing Overwatch and it only continues to get better.

• This post is deleted!

• @Dakhath said in 1 game only recommendation:

The Witcher 3 + both DLCs. Easily one of the best RPGs of all time.

I agree with this too if you are looking for the best rpg experience.

• All aboard the The Last of Us train! Woop woop!

• I will echo The Last of Us, but barring that, Persona 4: Golden also counts, as I think it was released on 2012 or 2013. So play that too.

• While I liked the beginning and ending of The Last of Us, a lot of the middle didn't really resonate with me. So if I had to give my personal must-play for the previous 5 years, it easily is Undertale. Combined with one of my favorite OSTs of all time, it expands upon the Earthbound formula and delivers a genuinely funny and heartbreaking adventure with a lot of innovative ideas strewn about. It gets a bad rap because the community surrounding it can be pushy and disrespectful, but I wouldn't let that sway anyone from enjoying this gem. It is the only game I've beaten and immediately went back to complete again... and again... and then watched a playthrough... and then another. It took over my mind and body for awhile - Toby Fox is a hell of a creative mind.

• The Last of Us. The gameplay, graphics, story it all comes together to create a beautiful game that i'll remember for the rest of my life.

• Banned

I felt more of an emotional connection to the characters and story of Uncharted 4 than anything I experienced in The Last of Us, but that's just my personal preference.

What a grand adventure!

• @Farsendor I enjoyed Last of US. It came with my new PS4 a couple years ago. Grew attached to the characters. loved it.

• @Sazime I'm seconding Diablo 3.
    By far my most played game this gen. Have 6 fully geared 70s on both PC and PS4.

• Super Mario Galaxy 2 is extremely easy to recommend. It's the most creative game I've ever experienced and a testament to excellent level design.

And yes, skip the first galaxy. It's a pale shadow of its sequel.

• @El-Shmiablo The wife and I play it on PS3 and PS4 (she can't stand clicking everywhere on PC). I've put 17 days+ worth of time into it, overall.

• Tales of Berseria:

• Fun Anime Style Story
    • LOTS of story telling
    • LOADS of character development (Seriously. You do not see this level of character back story development often.)
    • Battle system that can be set to "Simple" and you can just button mash (You mentioned bad Coordination)
    • Battle system can also run on Full Auto, So you can just plan out gear, tactics, and focus on story.