Yooka-Laylee (PC/PS4/XB1/NS)

• I really feel like Yooka-Laylee could be the perfect 'second purchase' for Switch early adopters, especially since the Wii U version has departed from reality. The joy cons / local multiplayer focus of Ninty's new toy seems like it would lend itself well to what Playtonic are doing. I've already switched [oooooo terrible pun] my Kickstarter pledge from the digital PS4 to the Switch version, and I was wondering if any fellow Allies were on the same page?

• My original pledge was for the Wii U version so I was offered the choice to change it to a platform of my choice, and I picked Switch over PS4 for the same reason, this game just feels more at home on a Nintendo console.

And any game released on both the Switch and the PS4 will have my preference on Switch given that it makes it portable.

• Banned

I'll play it on whichever platform provides the best performance.

PC

• @Art Have fun playing with awful keyboard controls and slouching in front of a tiny monitor (sarcastic emoji)

I'm pretty sure my pledge was for the PS4 version, I'm just gonna go stick with that, that way my brother can play it as well.

• Currently have a PS4 copy pre-ordered, but I will be getting it on Switch too.

• May do the same as i did for shovel knight, digital for PS4 and physical on Nintendo.

• Keep in mind that the release date is April 11.

The Switch release date is unannounced.

• @Axel i'm loving the fact that local multiplayer is fast becoming important again, thanks to the Switch. I couldn't imagine playing Yooka-Laylee on anything else at this point!

• @Art I highly doubt that this is the sort of game where you will see outrageous visual and performance boosts on PC vs. consoles. Unlocked frame rates! Yeah! ;-)

• @bard91 haha in the rare instance i dust off my old Steam account, its an Xbox gamepad all the way.

• @FF7Cloud oooo thats an interesting approach. I think the lack of onboard memory on Switch will force a lot of people (myself included) to going physical. I cant justify going fully download right now, as 256GB SD cards are crazy money.

• @Haru17 even if it launches a couple months later, i'd be happy to wait. This is the exact sort of game that will bolster my early Switch library, and could serve as a "look at my new cool console" game to show off to friends.

• @Klinjon I get that. I know I'm certainly not going to buy it on PS4, it'll just sit untouched like all of my dull PS+ and overlarge open world games.

• Original pledge was on Wii U and changed to PS4. If it's as good as it's hyped to be, I'll probably double-dip for the Switch version as well.

• @Haru17 Yeah there's definitely something to be said for embracing a forgotten genre, especially as Yooka-Laylee seems to be so lovingly faithful.

• @dramaticslowmo A friend of mine is doing that with the Xbox One version... keeping his pledge for launch, and then considering a second copy on Switch at a later date.

• Switched (heh) my PS4 Kickstarter pledge to Switch. I'll have to wait a bit longer for it but I feel I will be more likely to play it on the Switch while I'm on the go.

• @thenerdtheword It does seem like it will be the perfect "hop in for 20 whilst on the bus" type thing. Being able to hand a joy con to a friend will basically make it essential. Especially for all the roof top parties I'm planning... ;-)

• i'll probably just get it twice. on Xbox One on April so i can still play it without spoilers. then get it on Switch later so i can take it anywhere with me.

• Youtube Video

Reviews are out, and they're ok but not amazing. I'm waiting for my Switch version from Kickstarter so I probably won't play it for another few months. I never played Banjo-Kazooie or Donkey Kong 64, so this kind of game will actually be rather new to me, I'm sure I'll have good fun with it!

Has anyone played it yet?