Reversing the Video Playlists

• I was wondering if the Easy Allies Plays videos could be reversed in order of oldest to new. I like having a series play from beginning to end and not the other way around. I'm aware there are chrome extensions that let you reverse the order of YouTube Playlists but those usually bug out on me so I don't bother with them anymore. I don't know if anyone else feels like this but it's an easy fix should people prefer it that way too.

Either way, thank you for your time. :smile:

• Banned

I hate that almost every playlist on YouTube is arranged from newest to oldest. It makes no sense. Completely ass backwards.

• admin

The problem is playlists are designed for multiple purposes, and one of those purposes is displaying in places like the channel page. If you arrange them from oldest to newest, then the playlists on the channel are just going to be highlighting outdated content.

Most of the shows also don't need to be viewed in order so there's no real need to start at the beginning. For Tabletop Escapades and any of the full playthroughs on Easy Allies Plays though, I did order the playlists to go from beginning to end.

Ideally, YouTube would eventually update playlist sorting so that it can be done by users as well and not just creators.

• It's as easy as putting a button next to shuffle and repeat that says "Reverse." I really don't understand why YouTube hasn't done this yet.

• admin

Yep, and I can't understand why they haven't done something like creating a series title so you don't have to jam the name of the series and the name of the episode into the same line for every video. Playlists for ongoing series are also invisible from a standard video page unless you're using a playlist link.

• @Bloodworth There used to be something like Series title but it seems to have been phased out. It would even allow you to add people included in the series and what season it is along with the content it entails. Youtube seems to move ass backwards at times.