GameCube Virtual Console - Wishlist

• If all these Digital Foundry and interwebz rumours turn out to be [mercifully] true, what do my fellow Allies want to see on a possible GameCube Virtual Console for Switch?

For me, Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Party are a must. The former to tide us over until Odyssey, and the latter for obvious joy con usage.

• Super Mario Sunshine is the only Mario game I haven't played so I'd love to give it a shot.

Baten Kaitos was an awesome JRPG that I played but didn't finish at the time for whatever obscure reason. I loved the battle system with cards (if only Paper Mario Color Splash had much such a clever use of its card system...).

Viewtiful Joe is another classic I missed.

• @Axel said in GameCube Virtual Console - Wishlist:

Super Mario Sunshine is the only Mario game I haven't played so I'd love to give it a shot.

Baten Kaitos was an awesome JRPG that I played but didn't finish at the time for whatever obscure reason. I loved the battle system with cards (if only Paper Mario Color Splash had much such a clever use of its card system...).

Viewtiful Joe is another classic I missed.

Aw man, you're in for a treat with Sunshine. The "dicking about" factor is high throughout, in that you'll just want to explore and experiment with different abilities. It's also super charming, and has an amazing final boss sequence.

YES to Viewtiful Joe. I think I was one of about twelve people who loved that game to bits.

• A perfectly lagless version of Melee and an English version of GiFTPiA.

• Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door immediately come to mind, although I could make a gigantic list due to my love of the GameCube. I had another thread a while back about the possibility of GC VC on NX, so it's nice to see these rumors gaining traction.

• Super Smash Bros Melee Mostly so the tournament scene will have a easier time getting setup, Also Melee on the go just sounds awesome

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus, and PSO Episode 3 Card Revolution Even if the online cant be restored (would be awesome if it was) both games are great fun in split screen, and both have a simple enough control setup that it could easily be mapped to a Joy con setup.

Eternal Darkness Need I say more

Paper Mario Never had a chance to finish it

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 While I have a feeling there will be some kind of Prime HD trilogy remaster, I still think having the original versions available would be great.

Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, and that weird fighting game spinoff This series really needs to be revived

Super Mario Sunshine I have a feeling it will show up close to launch, and considering it was the last game to have a slightly open world structure, I suspect its release will be timed just close enough to Oddsesy to help build hype

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess While I do suspect a HD pack with both games to come out sometime after BotW, again I just think having the original available would be great

Baten Kaitos Again a game I never had a chance to play

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (and its Wii sequel) Loved these two games, and considering that both games are going for $100+, and the franchise being far more popular in the West now then it was at the time of release. I think a digital release is warranted

Killer 7 Just want more people to experience this Suda trip.

• I would agree with previous wishes for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I could name a bunch more but I already own the most of the others. I've never played Fire Emblem PoR but have played the Wii one.

New games I would throw on the list would be Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin. I loved Luigi's Mansion and want to replay it. I have the disk at my house but not my Gamecube or Wii. I keep forgetting to grab it whenever I'm at my parents house which admittedly is only 20 minutes away. I never played Pikmin but have been interested for a while.

• @DMCMaster Dude! Metroid Prime! I completely forgot about that. That would be INCREDIBLE on Switch.

• @Tragosaurus A huge YES to Luigi's Mansion. That was my first ever GameCube game. So brilliantly weird.

• @Klinjon imagine metriod prime at 1080p

• Luigi's Mansion and Wind Waker

Also Gotcha Force because I mean, just because I'm dumb enough to pay $80 for a copy doesn't mean everyone else should have to in order to play that sweet game.

• Super Mario Sunshine - The only 3D Mario I haven't played.

Rogue Squadron 2 - Was so upset I never had a Gamecube when this came out.

Paper Mario TTYD - Have been interested in the series, but this seems to be the one to play.

Viewtiful Joe - Not sure how if I'd like it or not, but it looks amazing!

• Everyone's taken the big boys already, so here's mine:
    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    I feel like I've already spoken about my love for this game. I just want to play it again. You could use the joycons for co op, since you only needed one analogue stick anyway.

• Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2
    Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D Revolution

If there could be some online support with the hooks there to connect to private servers that would be doubly awesome or some sort of ad-hoc support for multiple Switches. But I'd be happy with the standard split-screen though.

• Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is the main one i want to see from Gamecube virtual console. it's a game i've been interested in playing for a awhile, and now that i'm earning some decent money i'll be sure to add it to my collection soon, but in the meantime it would be nice to just get a cheap virtual console version that doesn't cost $300 like the stupid original game does.

• Basically all of the Mario games; Super Mario Strikers, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion (awk!), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (even though I'm not eager to play it again I think Nintendo's dev teams ought to).

Mario Kart: Double Dash with online co-op would be sick. I'd love to play through a 32-track campaign riding in the same cart with community members. Especially if you can race co-op against other co-op partners, not just AI. Probably won't happen, though.

• @Haru17 sounds like you just want a true Double Dash sequel!

• @naltmank Mmmmaaaaaybe. I do love those tracks, their skyboxes, and how many secret routes they have, though. With Nintendo talking about adding online features to old games, this stuff is actually not impossible.

• Super Mario Sunshine easily. Love that game.

Melee would also be hype though I gotta be honest I hate playing Smash without a Gamecube controller.

Also how about those Pokemon Coliseum games. Maybe with some Pokemon Bank functionality.

• The Pikmin games are 100% an absolute for me. I adore that series more than most any other. Having it be portable would just make my head explode!

I'd also want to see the Metroid Primes a whole heck of a lot. However, I'm not sure I could go back to analogue controls after the trilogy on Wii.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.