Detroit Become Human (PS4)

• I had zero idea what this game was before. the trailer was insane. #1 reason I need to get a PS4 now. no one's talking about it ;(

• @dickroach I am pumped for it! i think it's because the game was kept under wraps...game slike thta are hard to show off because the story is the main focus and you want to keep it a secret.

• Loved Heavy Rain hope Detroit is good or as good as HR.

• Don't get too hyped. It's David Cage :P

I liked Heavy Rain well enough but I don't think any of his games have had writing that was that good. And considering how many people were apparently annoyed that Uncharted 4 was a "movie" this game is going to get panned by that crowd hard.

• I don't trust David Cage. Just gonna watch some streamers making fun of him again by ruining his vision

Youtube Video – [15:08..]

At least there seem to be consequences in Detroit.

• @Hoken Hope the voice acting improves hahahaha.

JASON! SHAUN!

• Beyond was critically panned mostly because of it's single protagonist which made storytelling somewhat limited and unrealistic. While every other game he's done was critically well received at the time and they also had multiple protagonist. So yeah Detroit has high potential to be great so hopefully i'll deliver.

• @Dragonhunter Love FFS.

• I am insanely hyped for this game. I have loved David Cage's work ever since Omikron on the PC. I am even more excited because the location takes place in my backyard of Detroit. I love this brand of adventure game and am glad to see the genre branch out into new and interesting ways. Quantic Dream adventure games are markedly different than a TellTale adventure game and both are very enjoyable. This is such an exciting time for the genre!

• I'm really pumped for Detroit. I like story games like the Telltale games, Life is Strange, and Cage's latest Beyond: Two Souls. The E3 trailer really impressed me. It looks like it has incredible graphics, choices with meaningful consequences and some deep philosophical themes. As a big fan of Blade Runner, this feels like a game that is right up my alley. I hope it delivers.

• I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit mostly, but skipped Beyond Two Souls. I have high hopes for Detroit - I just hope Cage doesn't jump the shark again with this game's plot.

• I'm in the minority that loved Beyond: Two Souls. I actually enjoyed it even more than Heavy Rain. I thought the performances were fantastic and the entire concept was really interesting. I don't think I've ever experienced as much catharsis in a game as I did when I took control of Aiden in that birthday party scene. I do think Heavy Rain was better from a mechanical standpoint though. I think (hope) that Detroit will combine the best parts of both. It's looking incredible so far!

• @Light said in Detroit was the game of the show at E3:

I'm in the minority that loved Beyond: Two Souls. I actually enjoyed it even more than Heavy Rain. I thought the performances were fantastic and the entire concept was really interesting. I don't think I've ever experienced as much catharsis in a game as I did when I took control of Aiden in that birthday party scene. I do think Heavy Rain was better from a mechanical standpoint though. I think (hope) that Detroit will combine the best parts of both. It's looking incredible so far!

Yeah I really enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls as well and the only gripe that I had was that the QTEs were a bit ambiguous and difficult to grasp in a combat situation. Of course I think that QTEs aren't bad things in games if implemented well.

• @BogusMeatFactory Yeah, I understood what they were going for with the streamlined style of the QTEs in Beyond but they could certainly be a little frustrating when they weren't clear enough. I think awkward camera angles had a lot to do with it. It could be hard to tell which direction you needed to go in and sometimes the way the camera was positioned made it look like one direction was the natural choice when they actually wanted you to push in the opposite direction.

• Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls. I completely admit the games Quantic Dreams make are flawed in many ways, but the they're all so damn unique and goofy that I find it hard not to love them. Cannot wait for Detroit.

• Not my game of the show, but it certainly surprised me. I had completely forgotten about it and it really hit me in the face with a hype brick.

• @Smartzke said in Detroit was the game of the show at E3:

Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls. I completely admit the games Quantic Dreams make are flawed in many ways, but the they're all so damn unique and goofy that I find it hard not to love them. Cannot wait for Detroit.

You bring up a great point. Some of my favorite games of all times have lots of flaws, but what they do succeed in make up for that. I love games that have larger scope in stories and how they unfold like the Mega Man Legends series and the Shenmue series. I love games that have a huge, fascinating world, like the Myst series (If you don't think it does, just talk to me about it. It is Tolkien-esque in depth.)

• Looks great, that said I still have no idea what it will be like to play the game. Apparently it has something to do with going around looking for clues within a certain time limit...

• It looks cool, but Quantic Dream games always LOOK cool. I'll keep an eye on it, but my pattern recognition skills tell me to be cautious.

• Free demo tomorrow, that Hostage scenario.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/detroit-become-human-gone-gold-demo-ps4/

Edit. This thread could be under Gaming Discussion with the game's own title.