Detroit Become Human (PS4)

• I'm really pumped for Detroit. I like story games like the Telltale games, Life is Strange, and Cage's latest Beyond: Two Souls. The E3 trailer really impressed me. It looks like it has incredible graphics, choices with meaningful consequences and some deep philosophical themes. As a big fan of Blade Runner, this feels like a game that is right up my alley. I hope it delivers.

• I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit mostly, but skipped Beyond Two Souls. I have high hopes for Detroit - I just hope Cage doesn't jump the shark again with this game's plot.

• I'm in the minority that loved Beyond: Two Souls. I actually enjoyed it even more than Heavy Rain. I thought the performances were fantastic and the entire concept was really interesting. I don't think I've ever experienced as much catharsis in a game as I did when I took control of Aiden in that birthday party scene. I do think Heavy Rain was better from a mechanical standpoint though. I think (hope) that Detroit will combine the best parts of both. It's looking incredible so far!

• @Light said in Detroit was the game of the show at E3:

I'm in the minority that loved Beyond: Two Souls. I actually enjoyed it even more than Heavy Rain. I thought the performances were fantastic and the entire concept was really interesting. I don't think I've ever experienced as much catharsis in a game as I did when I took control of Aiden in that birthday party scene. I do think Heavy Rain was better from a mechanical standpoint though. I think (hope) that Detroit will combine the best parts of both. It's looking incredible so far!

Yeah I really enjoyed Beyond: Two Souls as well and the only gripe that I had was that the QTEs were a bit ambiguous and difficult to grasp in a combat situation. Of course I think that QTEs aren't bad things in games if implemented well.

• @BogusMeatFactory Yeah, I understood what they were going for with the streamlined style of the QTEs in Beyond but they could certainly be a little frustrating when they weren't clear enough. I think awkward camera angles had a lot to do with it. It could be hard to tell which direction you needed to go in and sometimes the way the camera was positioned made it look like one direction was the natural choice when they actually wanted you to push in the opposite direction.

• Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls. I completely admit the games Quantic Dreams make are flawed in many ways, but the they're all so damn unique and goofy that I find it hard not to love them. Cannot wait for Detroit.

• Not my game of the show, but it certainly surprised me. I had completely forgotten about it and it really hit me in the face with a hype brick.

• @Smartzke said in Detroit was the game of the show at E3:

Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls. I completely admit the games Quantic Dreams make are flawed in many ways, but the they're all so damn unique and goofy that I find it hard not to love them. Cannot wait for Detroit.

You bring up a great point. Some of my favorite games of all times have lots of flaws, but what they do succeed in make up for that. I love games that have larger scope in stories and how they unfold like the Mega Man Legends series and the Shenmue series. I love games that have a huge, fascinating world, like the Myst series (If you don't think it does, just talk to me about it. It is Tolkien-esque in depth.)

• Looks great, that said I still have no idea what it will be like to play the game. Apparently it has something to do with going around looking for clues within a certain time limit...

• It looks cool, but Quantic Dream games always LOOK cool. I'll keep an eye on it, but my pattern recognition skills tell me to be cautious.

• Free demo tomorrow, that Hostage scenario.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/detroit-become-human-gone-gold-demo-ps4/

Edit. This thread could be under Gaming Discussion with the game's own title.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Done :)

@dickroach Just moved it and changed the thread name as there are some good discussion going on in here, do not be alarmed :D

• I played the demo
    It's ok but 100% definitely not worth $60
    I'm getting sick of these fucking (((((experience))))) games
    It's like they the devs failed film school and decided to make games instead

• @siegeh

What is an "experience" game? There are clearly choices, discovery, and branching paths which affect narrative. Until Dawn was one of the most celebrated games of 2015 which seems to be even more linear narrative wise compared to Detroit.

• Point and click adventures used to be some of the most highly praised games in the entire industry.
    Now you give one a good budget and suddenly it's everything wrong with gaming.

I enjoyed the demo and it seems like they finally made the choices matter in a more substantial way than games like Beyond or Heavy Rain. Honestly really stoked. Wifey said she's getting it for me for father's day.

• The one major thing i got from the demo is how other cops treat Connor, when you succeed the captain looks at you with hate in his eyes it reminded me of the new blade runner movie, and for that reason I'm in.

• I hope its more heavy rain then beyond two souls. Heavy rain was a good experience.

• @ellis The demo gave off some serious NAHMAN JAHDEN detective vibes.

• The games are definitely not for everyone.
    I too enjoyed Beyond Two Souls, perhaps even more than Heavy Rain.
    The one thing i missed in Beyond was more meaningful choices, it felt like there wasnt as much replayability.
    Except for the big ending, it seemed to me like Heavy Rain had more storychanging paths.
    That is however something that seems to be the focus of Detroit, which looks really promising.
    Haven't tried the beta though, but i will be buying it on release.

I think I have fahrenheit aswell for pc somewhere. Might have to boot that up before release.

• Not interested. David Cage can't write to save someone's ass. If I need the best David Cage game ever, not made by David Cage; I'll play Until Dawn. The fact it takes place in my hometown makes it even more insulting.