Detroit Become Human (PS4)

• @Smartzke said in Detroit was the game of the show at E3:

Heavy Rain is one of my favorite games of all time, and I thoroughly enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls. I completely admit the games Quantic Dreams make are flawed in many ways, but the they're all so damn unique and goofy that I find it hard not to love them. Cannot wait for Detroit.

You bring up a great point. Some of my favorite games of all times have lots of flaws, but what they do succeed in make up for that. I love games that have larger scope in stories and how they unfold like the Mega Man Legends series and the Shenmue series. I love games that have a huge, fascinating world, like the Myst series (If you don't think it does, just talk to me about it. It is Tolkien-esque in depth.)

• Looks great, that said I still have no idea what it will be like to play the game. Apparently it has something to do with going around looking for clues within a certain time limit...

• It looks cool, but Quantic Dream games always LOOK cool. I'll keep an eye on it, but my pattern recognition skills tell me to be cautious.

• Free demo tomorrow, that Hostage scenario.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/detroit-become-human-gone-gold-demo-ps4/

Edit. This thread could be under Gaming Discussion with the game's own title.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Done :)

@dickroach Just moved it and changed the thread name as there are some good discussion going on in here, do not be alarmed :D

• I played the demo
    It's ok but 100% definitely not worth $60
    I'm getting sick of these fucking (((((experience))))) games
    It's like they the devs failed film school and decided to make games instead

• @siegeh

What is an "experience" game? There are clearly choices, discovery, and branching paths which affect narrative. Until Dawn was one of the most celebrated games of 2015 which seems to be even more linear narrative wise compared to Detroit.

• Point and click adventures used to be some of the most highly praised games in the entire industry.
    Now you give one a good budget and suddenly it's everything wrong with gaming.

I enjoyed the demo and it seems like they finally made the choices matter in a more substantial way than games like Beyond or Heavy Rain. Honestly really stoked. Wifey said she's getting it for me for father's day.

• The one major thing i got from the demo is how other cops treat Connor, when you succeed the captain looks at you with hate in his eyes it reminded me of the new blade runner movie, and for that reason I'm in.

• I hope its more heavy rain then beyond two souls. Heavy rain was a good experience.

• @ellis The demo gave off some serious NAHMAN JAHDEN detective vibes.

• The games are definitely not for everyone.
    I too enjoyed Beyond Two Souls, perhaps even more than Heavy Rain.
    The one thing i missed in Beyond was more meaningful choices, it felt like there wasnt as much replayability.
    Except for the big ending, it seemed to me like Heavy Rain had more storychanging paths.
    That is however something that seems to be the focus of Detroit, which looks really promising.
    Haven't tried the beta though, but i will be buying it on release.

I think I have fahrenheit aswell for pc somewhere. Might have to boot that up before release.

• Not interested. David Cage can't write to save someone's ass. If I need the best David Cage game ever, not made by David Cage; I'll play Until Dawn. The fact it takes place in my hometown makes it even more insulting.

• @dipset its an experience game
    doesn't matter what other "choices" there are if only small things change.
    its a David Cage game, barely anything changes and there's hardly replay value unless your obsessed with this garbage

• @siegeh I'm glad you've played this game and know what happens.

If the game is more similar to Heavy Rain, I think we'll be seeing some pretty big narrative changes based on the choices we make. I remember playing that game at the same time as my best friend and it honestly sounded like we were playing different games when we compared progress.

• @siegeh

You didn't explain what an "experience" game is in the slightest. You just repeated "its an experience game" which is not a readily known way of describing a game.

I've only played David Cage's Heavy Rain and the beginning is very on the rails but a lot can change every playthrough. I played were every character survives and you save your son. My friend killed everybody at different times. You can look up the differences on YouTube. There are many.

• I just finished the demo. I was not impressed. I'm going to play the game hot headed because that's the only way I'll enjoy myself and I'm very likely to have little success doing so. Which is fine I suppose. It's just weird that the player character makes so many assumptions and can magically recreate the crime scene. One weird assumption was that the girl couldn't hear the gunshots because she had headphones on with music playing. Maybe she heard gunshots and ripped her headphones off her head? There were a few of those drastic assumptions all within a few minutes.

• Great demo for the game, I finished it 3 times. I think more game devs need to make E3 demo's playable to the public at some point.

• Bloodworth's review:
    Youtube Video

I had some vivid memories from Heavy Rain's best parts watching this. About the hard choices and the consequenses you had to then live with. Really good to hear that Quantic Dream is at their best with those in this one.

• This was the first review where I looked at the written text on the EZA website. At no time the word gameplay was in quotation marks. But honestly, this review and another one got me a bit intrigued. Sadly, I didn’t like Fahrenheit nor Heavy Rain from any narrative or gameplay standpoint and so I have to pass on this probably good game.