Detroit Become Human (PS4)

• I finished the game in one day and i like it alot, i couldn't stop playing because of how good the story is, plus the music is amazing the world building is so great, this game is my favourite game from Quantic Dream by far, i truly believe this is a great game.

• Ben said that there a group stream of this game is being planned, really hoping it comes to fruition. That would be a pretty rad stream.

• Finished my first playthrough last night. GotY.

• Finished my playthrough yesterday and I really enjoyed my time with Detroit.

Now I have to say I've always enjoyed Quantic Dream games in the moment but generally after completing them I start the pick away at them and while I wouldn't say I dislike them, I think less favourably of them. I still think Heavy Rain is the biggest culprit due to information they hide from the player.

But I really think Detroit is a change from that. While I probably prefer the setup and story of Heavy Rain, I think overall Detroit is a much better told story. Now it does still have some plotholes and slightly silly situations but it's nothing like what I mentioned with Heavy Rain or even scenes like the Madison scene from Heavy Rain. I think this being a collaborative effort has really helped write a much better story.

Now with that said, this game is insanely black or white. I'm not surprising anyone by saying there isn't a whole lot of subtle writing here and you'll know instantly what type each character is the moment you meet them and either despise or like them, there is no real middle ground. Which definitely did bother me early on in the game, everything just felt a bit heavy handed and kinda constantly beating you over the head but in the end, I either just gave in to it or kinda felt like I could see some of this, even if it is exaggerated.

Now on the actual interactions themselves. Again, it's an improvement over previous games. You have a lot more control over your character and the story can definitely go in some completely different places. I'm really interested to see other endings and scenes play out but I'm also really happy with how my story went. I feel like my decisions did lead the kind of conclusion I was hoping for.

I probably liked Connor the most of the characters, again that could be due to just liking the investigation side of things more. I think they all do a pretty good job really.

One thing I really do want to emphasise, the soundtrack in this game is fantastic, each character had their own composer and it's really good. Probably my favourite new soundtrack of the year. In particular the Kara songs are fantastic, just the use of violin.

This is an easy recommendation for anyone who has enjoyed previous Quantic Dream games. I would love if they just went all in on an investigation style game and by the end, all the clues you've built up (or haven't) will make a big difference at the end. Detroit even has somethings like this (investigation wise, the whole game has really important decisions that can be drastic). Either way, I hope we keep getting these kind of games and for once I really loved it in the moment and still think very fondly of it after finishing it. I might even play through again... at the same time I do like that one and only playthrough feeling.

• I've finally unlocked all nodes on every flowchart. It takes a lot of time, but the end result is totally worth it. This game is way less rigid than you think, and many key events that seems inevitable can be skipped or played out differently.

• Been playing the game now for some good hours. This was a Plus game on PS4 during summer but only now I found the right moment to start with it. And it's been really good! I very much like the atmosphere in this and the emotions the game brings up very succesfully time after another. A really big role in all this have the (main) characters. The trio has me intrigued and on board big time. Wonderfully done. The characters work on two levels, kind of, meaning as very interesting game characters, but also as the androids they are in-game, getting closer to life all on their own ways.

My Connor tries to form a bond with Hank (great duo) and is just generally interesting to watch and listen to. I really like his voice. Kara has her motherly instincts kicking in and she's a very strong character, easy to appreciate her protective nature. Markus went through a personal hell and has arrived in Jericho now. All of their paths seem suitably different and interesting. The flowcharts are neat to witness after every chapter.