Last Gen 7s/ Underrated Games

• Recently I've been going back and playing some games I missed last gen that I have heard praised by some of the the allies. Nier, Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish, Lost Odyssey and Kingdoms of Amalur to name a few. What are some of your other favorite over looked games worth checking out from last gen?

• Lately I've been thinking about Alpha Protocol a lot. It's one of those games that's very rough around the edges, but the things it does well are so great and unique that they completely make up for any of the low points. The most interesting thing about the game is how much your decisions can affect how the story unfolds or even change the levels. It really deserves so much more than its reputation would suggest.

• Original Nier. Combat may not be the best, but that world/ost/story/atmosphere are 10/10

• Resonance of Fate for me. One of the most unique RPGs I've ever played - check it out.

• Prototype 2. It's light on the content side, but is pretty entertaining. Story's solid as well.

• Resistance 3, everyone ignored it because Resistance 2's campaign kinda sucked and it's one of the best fps campaigns in the vein of Half Life 2.

• Catherine! Such a great game. Fun puzzles, engaging story etc etc

• @Fridge-man @manchovie Hell yeah, check Catherine. Fantastic game.

• @Tommynaut21 There are few games I can recommend as much as Nier, such an incredible experience.

• Nier is absolutely one of the best games of all time, and a perfect argument for why gameplay doesn't have to come first.

Oh and Blue Dragon might not be as good as Lost Odyssey, but it still deserves to be given a chance.

• Good to see the Nier love :p

I'll toss in Folklore, Eternal Sonata, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Binary Domain and The Last Story.

• @Sora I've wanted to get my hands on folklore for so long but damn that game is hard to come by in Sweden.. Played the demo from PSN back in the days and really liked it. I gotta import that game some day.

• I definitely agree with Catherine, Nier, and Alpha Protocol! I'll add Mirror's Edge and Enslaved to that list.

@Fridge-man said in Last Gen 7s/ Underrated Games:

@Sora I've wanted to get my hands on folklore for so long but damn that game is hard to come by in Sweden.. Played the demo from PSN back in the days and really liked it. I gotta import that game some day.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about Folklore! That's a fantastic game!

• @Fridge-man Yeah I've heard it's hard to get these days, I got it back with my PS3 when I first bought it in 07.

Oh and Enslaved is an awesome shout too Light, such a unique experience

• Katamari Forever! (And Beautiful Katamari) Heck Katamari is underrated in general, but thoses games especially.

• I really liked "Tales from Monkey Island" and "Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse". Those are both made by Telltale.

I also like Way of the Samurai 3. My brother and I bought it for $5 some years back, and had a fun time.

I don't know if I'd call these "Underrated" but the Ratchet and Clank Future games don't get enough love. For anybody that doesn't know, those are Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and Crack in Time.

I've only played the first 5 hours, but my brother swears by Deadly Premonition. The game is janky as Hell, but he says it is very good.

• @Thunder-Lobster I thought I was the only person on this entire planet that has played the Way Of The Samurai series! I loved the original on the PS2. I actually think 3 is probably the best in the series by far. The tone was great and the setting was fantastic. Also, the chain kill system they had was amazing in huge battles. I don't remember the exact count but you could get kill streaks into the hundreds! I didn't enjoy 4 quite as much but I'm still grateful it got a localized release.

• Global Moderator

There were so many games last gen that deserved to sell so much better!

Vanquish - such a good fast shooter!

Darksiders (1 and 2) - A dark Zelda with more awesomeness squeezed into it

Enslaved - A colourfull and amazing game to play through

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - MMO-like RPG that had so much potential and really are one of those hidden gems from last gen!

• Is the Wii considered last gen? if so the "Little King Story" and "Red Steel 2" which For Honor seems to be somewhat based on.

• Gotta give props to Alpha Protocol. It delivers on the promise Mass Effect couldn't keep. You actions and decisions actually effect the story and the ending. You could entirely miss seeing certain characters based on your choices. It got slammed at review time based on the raw state of the game along with all the glitches. I played it well after the release on PC and it is easily one of the best games from last ten.