Nier Automata, Horizon or Dark Souls 3: Fire Fades Edition

• I have never player NIer 1. I have completed Dark Souls 3 but haven't had a go at the dlcs. I loved killzone 2 back in the day the multiplayer was rad. I dunno which game deserves my $60.

If there is any suggestions for multiplayer games in 2017 which I should inspire to get feel free to give me a suggestion

• Unsure if you would like Nier: Automata if you haven't touched the first game, I don't think the Dark Souls 3 DLC is worth rebuying the entire game for. Horizon seems neat but we don't know if it's good or bad yet.
    At the end of the day it all depends on what you personally like, so just watch and read reviews until you get a solid enough picture of the games and then decide.

• Try out the Nier demo.

• @Tekaki You don't need to play the original NieR to enjoy NieR: Automata from what I understand, try out the demo and see if you like it.

If you're into Souls I'd recommend Nioh though.

• @DisturbedSwan said in Nier Automata, Horizon or Dark Souls 3: Fire Fades Edition:

@Tekaki You don't need to play the original NieR to enjoy NieR: Automata from what I understand, try out the demo and see if you like it.

I don't think you need to play the first game to understand the story of the second game, but more like you know what you're getting yourself into. The first Nier was a pretty wild ride and not for everyone. I mean one "dungeon" was basically a text adventure. Some people think that Nier: Automata will be some crazy action game like DMC or Bayonetta because Platinum are involved, but so far it seems very much like the first Nier, only with the graphics and combat improved (but still kept more at a more basic RPG level, not say DMC).

That's why I think reading reviews so you understand what the game(s) are like will be important.

• Spoiler free impressions from broken release date copies of Horizon are sounding verrrry promising. Several comparisons from different people of the early game to RDR, which is high praise IMO. I don't want to get too hyped, but I'm glad I can play this soon.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.