What is your GOTY so far?

• @Brannox I disagree, all those games are going to be contenders and I don't think it's fair to count them out until we actually have them in our hands.

Anyways, personally, I haven't gotten to many 2016 games yet, but Overwatch is my GOTY so far. One, because I've found it really enjoyable and fun, and two, just because of the experiences I've had with out while playing with friends. I don't expect it to stay there though, because I haven't gotten to Uncharted yet and I'm primarily pumped for the games later this year, like FF XV, Last Guardian, and the Batman Telltale Series.

• I don't know if I'd call it a better game than Uncharted 4 or Dark Souls 3, but I honestly think the most fun I've had this year was playing Far Cry Primal. Maybe that sounds ridiculous to say, but there it is.

• I'd have to go with Uncharted 4 right now.. but I may be biased because I blindly love that series

I haven't played Dark Souls 3 yet either

• @Jamicov True, but allow me to further explain my reasoning:

Gears 4 will probably have a solid campaign and with Horde coming back and supposedly it being bigger and better than ever, but from I've played and seen, its another Gears game and while I am a die-hard fan of the series, critics will most likely penalize the tried and true formula

FF XV is SOOOO anticipated and has so much expectation that, with all of the things we've been shown, I don't believe the game will get a fair lens in terms of what it will be as opposed to the mountain of expectation. Also, there is SO much spread out about this world that there could be potential for critics to decry lack of attention when there is a movie, an anime, and two separate mobile games. Personally, I think it will be great, but as good as UC4 and Overwatch have been proven? We'll see.

CoD: IW is yet another CoD game and despite whether or not people love or hate the series, odds are good that the game will review very well. The demo shown on Sony's stage did a great job of selling the game, but every game is just an iteration of the last. Has a CoD game won an overall GOTY? If so, could it be CoD 4: MW? I can't remember.

Battlefield 1 has a great thing going for it: Its return to the past. If EA and DICE can capitalize on how well it looks and plays WITH its aesthetic, it could make a serious run. My feeling is that, much like CoD, it must overcome its stigmas: Not a good campaign in previous installments and I THINK Bad Company or Bad Company 2 had serious GOTY contention. With the story telling prowess of UC4 and the multiplayer design of Overwatch, I don't think it will win out.

No Man's Sky is in the same boat as FF XV: SO much expectation. Of all the games I've listed, I believe this has the best chance of topping UC 4 and Overwatch. However, we've seen both too much and not enough of the game. Meaning: We've seen its look, but not enough of its systems. Thankfully this will be known in about 6 weeks.

Titanfall 2, coming from the architects of Call of Duty would become is a bit too similar so dependent upon campaigns and a fair bit of what's in each game's multiplayer, I think the games will cancel each other out.

The Last Guardian. Yet ANOTHER game that has so much anticipation. Much like FF XV, I don't know if the game will be seen skewed in a lens of a vacuum. From what I've heard, the game plays A LOT like how Ico and SotC, so people who hate the controls will need to be astounded by its story. What goes against it (unfairly may I state) is that its a niche game. Because of this, there is a certain way the game will be looked at and that may not be a great thing.

Finally, thank you for your disagreement! I considered leaving those games off for the very reason that they are not out yet, but its difficult because that these reasons are just what I believe. In six months, we've got a lot of great games to play (Personally, Gears 4, FF XV, and Titanfall 2 actually grabbed my attention), its just hard to believe that UC4 and Overwatch won't carry the bulk of discussion.

• So far Gravity Rush Remastered I love the world and characters and I love how the game feels.
    (this is a game that makes me love games)

• So far for me is TMS #FE, I'm absolutely loving this game.

• Has to be Dark Souls 3 by a country mile for me. There are a bunch of games I haven't gotten to play yet, like Rise of the Tomb Raider, Quantum Break, and Doom, but it'd take a miracle for them to top DAS3 in my book.

• @Danjin44 said in What is your GOTY so far?:

So far for me is TMS #FE, I'm absolutely loving this game.

I am playing through this right now, and I adore it. It's the first JRPG I've played since Persona 4. I know there's lots of options, but this is the first one that caught my attention and was on a system i have.

Similar to me with Persona 4, I spent like 5 minutes looking at the menus.

• So far, DOOM and Overwatch.
    Strangely enough I really enjoyed The Division as well.

Future contenders will be Forza Horizon 3, Cuphead, the XBO version of Hyper Light Drifter (pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and still haven't played it yet), or Dishonored 2, depending on how that goes.

• @Inustar said in What is your GOTY so far?:

@Danjin44 said in What is your GOTY so far?:

I am playing through this right now, and I adore it. It's the first JRPG I've played since Persona 4. I know there's lots of options, but this is the first one that caught my attention and was on a system i have.

I know right!!! The UI in this game is fantastic and the combat is sooo damn satusfying.
    It's really shame that some people might brush this game off because it's not SMT X FE crossover they thought it would be.

• Nights of Azure so far, enjoyable love story with a badass leading lady, really great style and music too, just wish there was more character interaction.

Gravity Rush Remasterted and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered are amazing too but since they're remasters I'll discount them.

I feel like Yakuza 5 deserves a mention too, it came out too late last year to really get any GOTY talk but it was a solid month of enjoyment for me

• @Whoaness said in What is your GOTY so far?:

Uncharted 4? I mean, is there even any competition?

I would say for me that Uncharted 4 is the best game of the year but others come very close for me. Doom, Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls 3. My thoughts on Overwatch it is an awesome game and it isn't the only online only game out there.

I wish people would consider that not everyone hates online multiplayer only games.

• Currently it is definitely between Fire Emblem Fates and Dark Souls III, honorable mentions so far would go to Uncharted 4 and Doom. Then there are some other games coming later this year that are on my radar like I Am Setsuna, No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XV, and Dishonored 2.

• Global Moderator

@Inustar said in What is your GOTY so far?:

I know right!!! The UI in this game is fantastic and the combat is sooo damn satusfying.
    It's really shame that some people might brush this game off because it's not SMT X FE crossover they thought it would be.

Living vicariously through you all. If I owned a WiiU I'd be on this game so quickly aghhhhhhhhhhh. Please continue to enjoy for us that can't xD

• Uncharted 4 for me at the moment with Dark Souls 3 a close 2nd and Overwatch 3rd.

• @Danjin44 said in What is your GOTY so far?:

hey danjinn, you still hyping persona 5? its now has release date.

hope you will enjoy it

• @DisturbedSwan said in What is your GOTY so far?:

Uncharted 4 for me at the moment with Dark Souls 3 a close 2nd and Overwatch 3rd.

Overwatch is so darn good. Who is your favorite character? I choose D.Va for my overall favorite

• Good question! It's Uncharted 4 for me, Overwatch is also incredibly fun. I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 but not as much as the others I mentioned.. Fire Emblem Fates is also a very good game so far this year!

• @Whoaness Thank you. Sure Overwatch is fun (not my type though). So was Team Fortress. But I also hope that publishers don't get the idea that short on content hero shooters are so popular that they flood the market. Let's hope this calms down.

• Oh and so far Dark Souls III is the GOTY. An FPS and certainly a multiplayer only FPS won't ever get GOTY honors from the Game Awards.