Prey (PC/PS4/XB1)

• Game is looking excellent. plus many previews are positive so far. its like old school immersive sim games at start you have nothing but meelee weapon then slowly you will get more.

• Figured it would be Bethesda's big November game like Fallout and Dishonered.
    Any happy to hear its a few months out.

• isnt this when doom released last year i wonder what bethesdas holiday game will be

• @FF7Cloud
    Yeah, same time as doom just about (May 13th), I dont think their holiday title would be Quake, then again we dont know how far in development that is , I have heard that Obsidian has a big secret project to be announced around E3, New Vegas 2? But then there's The Evil Within and Wolfenstien.
    Got it, its a upgraded port of RAGE

• I'm happy that Prey by all appearances seems to be launching inwards of a year of when it was first announced (if you don't count the canceled other thing). I can't say they know how to make a trailer, though. It's just a lotta jump cuts and lights / explosions set to equally jarring music, really.

• @DMCMaster obsidians has shown teases of their new game i forget where ive seen it but from the picture they teased it appears to be a new Orleans or bayou setting

• @FF7Cloud
    Interesting, guess we'll find out in a few months.

• I really like what I'm seeing, and did not expect this to come out so soon!

This trailer makes it look like a straight shooter though, so I'm hoping there's also stealth and other gameplay styles.

• @Axel
    Probably a marketing choice

• @Axel said in Prey releasing May 5 plus New Trailer:

I really like what I'm seeing, and did not expect this to come out so soon!

This trailer makes it look like a straight shooter though, so I'm hoping there's also stealth and other gameplay styles.

its an immersive sim in the vien of system shock mix with Half life and dishonored.

• Global Moderator

I'm not going to watch that but i'm quietly optmistic about this game. I really like some of the ideas behind it and as you mentioned the previews have been pretty positive.

Count me in!

• I found the video to be incredibly boring. The graphics also seemed downright last gen, stylistic choices notwithstanding.
    Honestly, I wish they would have gone with the original idea of alien bounty hunting in an open world.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Prey first hour gameplay:

I found the video to be incredibly boring. The graphics also seemed downright last gen, stylistic choices notwithstanding.
    Honestly, I wish they would have gone with the original idea of alien bounty hunting in an open world.

come on. that version looks absolutely terrible. basically far cry in space and see through walls.

this new prey looks so much better.

• I don't see why people have to get salty about the planet-hopping Prey 2 in reference to this game in YouTube. It feels like people are just looking for an opportunity for outrage and to posture and pretend the grass was greener in a canceled game. (Spoiler: It wasn't. In fact that grass didn't even exist.)

The mechanics looks like Dishonored or Deus Ex, which is pretty awesome considering that both didn't sell amazingly, the later was canceled, and Prey is releasing within a year of it's announcement. People also compare the mimics to prop hunt, which is entirely reductive. Some Garry's Mod mod doesn't have the polish and complexity of what is shown here. Mimics hiding out anywhere in the environment of an actual full technically open world game — not just a multiplayer map — has an incredible potential for interesting gameplay and just the worst kind of horror. Plus the player turning into those objects themself looks innovative and Metroid Prime-like in no small fashion.

• I just skipped around the video a bit but it looks pretty interesting. Reminds me of Bioshock a little bit

Also, is that a RE-style inventory?

• @Haru17 Actually, the grass was very green. Prey 2 was nearly complete, but 2K didn't think it was very marketable and decided to can the project entirely.

https://gamerant.com/prey-2-cancel-developer/

• Not going to watch the video because I'd rather not make the first hour boring for myself when I get to play the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about that one though, the recent previews I've skimmed through make it sound very interesting.

A sci-fi immersive sim? Sign me up!

• The demo's out now.

Just from the ease of the initial mechanics like climbing up onto a ledge and the focus of the books and files scattered around, I can see this being the true successor for the first-person shooter / superpower immersive sim (so, Bioshock, System Shock, and Dishonored in different way).

That being said, I didn't play very far at all. I read every scrap of text in the first room, but stopped after

you break out of your room

The music is what I would call 'aggressively spooky,' and I am not about that right now. Not even with headphones out, and certainly not with the volume off. That's just jump scare city.

• I didn't really enjoy the demo till you get the actual gun and then it's over anyway (not that the game becomes great with it, just better), and that goo cannon is hot garbage really.
    Maybe when it's in a sale someday, definitely not worth 60 bucks imo.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.