What a start to 2017!

• Just wanted to create a thread in appreciation of what has so far been an incredible year for gaming. In just these first two months, I'm already backlogged with fantastic games to try and get through.

So far I dug into Gravity Rush 2 and I'm loving it, was trying really hard to wrap it up and then got into Nioh. I know a lot of people were really excited for Nioh, and I was as well to some extent but that game really surprised me with just how fun the battles can become. Then speaking of battles, just started messing around with For Honor which has also been a ton of fun as well. All this without even mentioning I haven't even had time to install Yakuza 0 (was planning on starting it once I beat Gravity Rush 2, we'll see if I can ever get the time). I also have my eye on Night in the Woods next week, Horizon the week after, Mass Effect mid March, Snake Pass at the end of March, and Persona 5 at the beginning of April. If you were planning on getting a Switch your March is gonna be insane trying to get through Zelda. Bout a month and a half in and I'm already just loving this year in gaming.

Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention RE7, I've passed on it for now but since everyone seems to love it I totally plan on getting it at some point maybe when its on sale for around $30-$40.

So what do you guys and gals think of 2017 so far, what have you been playing, what are you excited to get to play and could this be this generations best year??

• Started my year off with Nioh then, Neir and finally persona 5 . Might get a Switch probably wont be till summer

• @FF7Cloud
    Nier is another one that I forgot to mention. It's not really on my radar, I didn't play the first JRPG or try the demo but the main Platinum dev team is normally on point and it seems like it should be good. Wildlands is another one that I know some people are more interested in after they had their beta.

• It's alright, the majority of january and beginning of february I have spent with my GotY 2016 Trails of Cold Steel 2, Yakuza 0 was the 1st 2017 game I bought and I'm pretty addicted to it. Wasn't expecting it to be so long (including all the side stuff) so I havn't gotten Nioh yet as I wanted to wait till I'm done with Yakuza. Also got Fate/Extella yesterday but havn't played it yet. I wanted Gravity Rush 2 but it's kinda overpriced imo, I liked the 1st game but not as much as I would spend more on the sequel than on Yakuza 0, eventually I'll get it.
    Looking forward to Nier the most.

• This year has been absolutely fucking INSANE.

Gravity Rush 2 followed by Resident Evil 7 and Yakuza 0, and then Nioh comes along too!

Honestly cannot remember a year that has started as strongly as this in quite while.

• Persona 5 in April.

alt text

• I thought last year was great but this year is fucking nuts! Here are my main reasons why it's been one of the best years so far:

• For starters, we've got lots of releases in a time that is usually stagnant.
    • There is a healthy mix of games already released, and it looks like this will continue.
    • There are plenty of games we know about that are likely to release later this year as well.

I mean right out of the gate we've had Resident Evil VII, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, For Honor along with other niche but solid titles too. Then around the corner we have a new Zelda, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Halo Wars 2, Yooka Laylee, Outlast: Second Contact. That's missing out a few and even before the year is half done! Good times people. Good times!

• @SabotageTheTruth That alone would make it a stand out year for me, but it is really shaping up to be a great year, with Berseria getting great reception, Nier, South Park, Yooka Laylee, Torment, for me it is definitively shaping up to be much much better than last year.

• @FF7Cloud

Exactly this. Then it will be tekken 7 and then FF XII: zodiac. This just feels like the PS2 era!

• @SabotageTheTruth Wait, they STILL haven't released that????

wasn't that meant to be out in like, 2014????? XD

• PS4 has no games

• Started my year with Resident Evil 7 :)
    Next week is reserved for Torment Tides of Numenera, and the Switch + Breath of the Wild :)

Persona 5 in April, Prey in May.

Oh yeah, this year is looking awesome!

• This year is going to be crazy, already have a list of games that I'm desperate to play!

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    NieR Automata
    Persona 5
    Yooka-Laylee
    Snake Pass
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triliogy
    Shenmue 3
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Ni no Kuni 2
    Project Sonic 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Need for Speed
    Windjammers
    Wipeout: Omega Collection
    Disgaea 5: Complete
    I am Setsuna
    Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age
    Splatoon 2
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    PaRappa the Rapper Remastered

• if xenoblade is this year ill eat my hat

• @Yoshi Sad reality unfortunately. Let it cook for perfection though!

• The year of dreams (come true)

• Global Moderator

I haven't really played anything from this year yet. I played the For Honor and Ghost Recon betas. After that Ive been kinda busy, Im not sure if I will pick up Horizon on release despite being super hyped about it, I still got a backlog I want to finish and there are only so many hours in a day.

• It's been pretty insane. I can't speak much on the year ahead but so far I have bought:

Resident Evil VII
    Fate/Extella
    Sniper Elite 4
    Gravity Rush 2
    Tales of Berseria
    Yakuza 0
    Kingdom Hearts 2.8

That's a lot for just a month and a half.

• Wish I had more money these are the games I have bought or have pre ordered. Not all 2017 games just titles I have picked up this year so far.

Resident Evil 7
    Tales of Berseria
    Lego Avengers
    Horizon
    Ghost recon
    Injustice 2
    far cry primal

• I'll be honest. 90-95% of the game mentioned earlier by allies I want to play but that's right you guessed it I ain't got cash. I worked overtime just to pick up Nioh, Nier Automata and Persona 5 on release day because they are masterpieces. In these situation me a my bro divide it up. he picks up some of the games at launch too. So he would be getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda. All in all Im ok in terms of getting to play the major titles but I am saving up for:

Torment Tides of Numenera
    Dark Souls 3: Fire Fades Edition
    Black Desert
    Tekken 7
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Spiderman

and on top of all that I would be getting a bonus in August from work so I am thinking of picking up the Switch with BOTW.

Busy year. Probably one of the greats!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.